5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Based Adnan

Looked pretty handy in the air. Don't think he actually won any aerial duels but done more than enough to put the PSG defenders off.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Ole was so happy they he gave debut to Greenwood.

meamth

I'm loving the look of this. Mason, Angel, Chong and Garner. Feels like class of 92' again.

In Rainbows

There was an instance where an aerial dual occurred and it showed that he's not physically outmatched.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
There was an instance where an aerial dual occurred and it showed that he's not physically outmatched.
Yeah that was actually all there was!

BUT, I really believe in the kid and I think he will have a huge future for us. Expect to see more of him before the end of the season.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Imagine making your debut in that game, and that happening just a few minutes later. Great for him. What a way to start your career. Hope we see a bit more of him between now and the end of the season.

Did they not have a shirt ready for him for the game? Looked like his shirt has PSG's lettering and numbering on the back.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Think he’ll make the bench again at Arsenal, regardless of whether Martial is fit enough or not. With no Mata, Sanchez or Jesse - one young forward will still make the bench, and I back him to get the nod ahead of Chong, who was poor in his own cameo tbh.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Think he’ll make the bench again at Arsenal, regardless of whether Martial is fit enough or not. With no Mata, Sanchez or Jesse - one young forward will still make the bench, and I back him to get the nod ahead of Chong, who was poor in his own cameo tbh.
Chong is further ahead of him in his development, so will likely get the nod ahead of him regardless

marktan

Changed the game when he came on..

In all seriousness I'm excited by our youngsters but I struggle to see how many of them will get chances, they'll barely get any minutes now as it is with half our team injured. Like Perreira a lot of these players will need to go out on loan for a good few years before they're ready for the first team, unless they really impress with the few chances they get the way Rashford did.

P-Nut

In all seriousness I'm excited by our youngsters but I struggle to see how many of them will get chances, they'll barely get any minutes now as it is with half our team injured. Like Perreira a lot of these players will need to go out on loan for a good few years before they're ready for the first team, unless they really impress with the few chances they get the way Rashford did.
They are all really, really young. If they aren't getting minutes in a couple of years then I think you can make this statement.

Grande

Five mns pluss extra at Parc des Princes, we need a goal, he is given the chance against PSG? I expect him to get some minutes when we’re 2-0 up agains Cardiff at OT as well then.

Sylar

Seeing players like him debut, or make sub appearances, is what I love about this club and why Ole is the type of man we need as manager. Somebody who gets this club and looks to get youth involved and get them a chance.

Happy for the kid (I know feel so fckin old).

If he keeps scoring in the youth teams at a rate of over a goal a game he will get his chance.

P-Nut

Chong is older than him, which is about where it stops.
He's also played more for the first team, been on the bench more for the first team and was playing u23 while Mason was still playing u18. Granted all because he's older, but that's also while he's further ahead in his development. If it's a choice between the 2 on the bench at weekend it'll likely be Chong that gets selected.

RedIan

Not seen much of this guy playing live but just watched a video of him on youtube scoring many and creating other goals. He looks a fantastic prospect. Favours the left foot but score with both feet. Excellent running passed defenders with the ball as if tehy were not there,early Giggs style, great technical ability. Hope to see more of him in the first team.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Not seen much of this guy playing live but just watched a video of him on youtube scoring many and creating other goals. He looks a fantastic prospect. Favours the left foot but score with both feet. Excellent running passed defenders with the ball as if tehy were not there,early Giggs style, great technical ability. Hope to see more of him in the first team.
It's strange because he takes some pens and free kicks with his right but is actually left footed I think.

Either way - what a weapon for a striker to be equally comfortable on both feet.

SaidA_12

It's strange because he takes some pens and free kicks with his right but is actually left footed I think.

Either way - what a weapon for a striker to be equally comfortable on both feet.
I think he is also capable of dribbling with his right foot very well as if you watch this video from 0.20 to 0.33 he switches from dribbling with his left to cutting inside from the left flank with his right with surprisingly good ball control, either way I think he truly is two footed but he’s slightly sweeter with his left when it comes to dribbling, with regards to shooting I counted all his academy goals since 2017 and he scored 20 with his left, 20 with his right and 5 headers, which is quite insane really. Really hope this guy breaks through and reaches the level we all know he can.

EDIT: seems like I can’t embed videos onto my message, but if you search him up on YouTube, it’s the first video with around 195k views from a guy called MxZvGx

Reactions: Penna

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
:D

I'd actually say he's done the easy part! Geography was a nightmare for me.
My geography was so bad I couldn't even find my way to class

meninred

These academy players - Mason, Angel, Chong and Garner plus mctominay and Perrera - Are they all midfielders ?? looks like too many similar players.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
These academy players - Mason, Angel, Chong and Garner plus mctominay and Perrera - Are they all midfielders ?? looks like too many similar players.
Greenwood's a striker, Gomes is best as a 10, Chong is a winger, Garner and McTominay are playing as DMs and Pereira is best as an advanced midfielder.

Raven

Mason - striker
Angel - CM/AM
Chong - winger
Garner - DM (I believe)
McTominator - DM (5 years older than Garner)
Pereira - CM/AM (5 years older than Angel)

Not really sure where you're getting this idea that we have too many similar players? Besides, it's very unlikely they'll all make it here.

Yagami

Good post resistant
My geography was so bad I couldn't even find my way to class
That would've been a great excuse to use back in school for "missing" class! We'd have our Geography results as proof :p

AltiUn

Mason - striker
Angel - CM/AM
Chong - winger
Garner - DM (I believe)
McTominator - DM (5 years older than Garner)
Pereira - CM/AM (5 years older than Angel)

Not really sure where you're getting this idea that we have too many similar players? Besides, it's very unlikely they'll all make it here.
Gomes is a 10, always has been, he's never a CM.

AltiUn

If I'm not mistaken, he's been used in CM this season for the U23's?
Nah, he'll drop deep to pick up the ball but he's pretty much exclusively a number 10.

Raven

Nah, he'll drop deep to pick up the ball but he's pretty much exclusively a number 10.
I assume you watch the U23's regularly in that case? I read in the Gomes thread that he has been employed as a DLP. Probably codswallop so.

worldinmotion66

Doesn't really matter as we rarely play with a #10 when Pogba is in the side. Gomes will likely get chances in the wide attacking areas and as an attacking CM.

He must be on cloud 9 today. From this, his previous game in front of 3 men and their dogs:

to this:

AltiUn

I assume you watch the U23's regularly in that case? I read in the Gomes thread that he has been employed as a DLP. Probably codswallop so.
He's played there occasionally but he's always been a 10, his long term future certainly ain't at DLP. He's usually employed at the point of the midfield three or as the out and out number 10, Traore, Levitt, Galbraith, Hamilton and Garner all play deeper than him for the U19s and U23s.

NYAS

Also McTominay and Garner aren’t the same type of midfielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.