Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We need a striker in the squad as back up and he should be the back up. And I don't think it'll be long beford we see him on the scoresheet.
To be fair we have two #9s already.

Snafu17

That cameo has already put him ahead of Chong and Gomez in my opinion. He looked better than Martial and Rashford that game when he came on.
I dunno, Gomez generally looked quite composed in the few minutes he played so far. Chong showed the least so far. Early days for all of them obviously.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Yay, he did good. He looks ready to me :devil: Go on boy!

Thiagoal

Not many seventeen year olds first two matches will be away to PSG in the Champions League and the then away to Arsenal straight after! This tells me Ole rates him very highly (and rightly so)! Would love to see him get a start at home against a poor team for him to really show what he's about!

Raven

Quite filled out already. The other young lads look like boys, his physique is more similar to a young Rooney or something. Did well I thought.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I agree he looks ready but it's too easy to say compare his performance off of Rashfords, he's in a bad spell at the moment.
I'm not saying his overall football brain is better.. just possession play. Rashford's passing is so hit and miss.

Trizy

To be fair its easy to look composed with the ball at your feet in a game where we have fecking Rashford and Lukaku's ability (or lack of) on the ball.

As others have said already, he just looks ready to be thrown into a game. Hopefully he starts soon enough :drool:

Trizy

Hope he stays around the first team and is involved, but that will get harder as players return.
Surely he's here to stay as a squad player now. We have no striking backups. Rashford and Martial haven't shown enough to be an 9 and Sanchez is injured.

There is an argument maybe for Martial but he's clearly a much better winger.

RooneyLegend

The way he moved on the pitch, he didn't look like a striker. Does he really play as a 9 in the academy?

RooneyLegend

I'm not saying his overall football brain is better.. just possession play. Rashford's passing is so hit and miss.
He's quite obviously technically better than Rashford. Couldn't get a true feel for him as an athlete especially in terms of agility and ability to change direction. Does he really play up top in our academy? He was moving like someone whos used to playing as a 10. Even the ball he squeezed to Pogba between the lines. When he dropped deeper was vintage 10 play.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Got a feeling even if we didn't have the injury problems that we had, Ole would still have been looking to get him minutes. He knows he's a gem.

BlackBen

I like the kid. He impressed me a lot in his cameo today. You just feel this lad is going to be an absolute superstar someday.

Hope he keeps his head down and puts in the much needed work and effort because he has the quality to make it here.

Prodigy24

Liked what I saw during that short cameo. Looked confident and was not afraid to run with the ball. I don't know how to explain it but you can clearly see that he's very talented and has that special something. Looking forward to see him in the first team again!

jb8521

He's quite obviously technically better than Rashford. Couldn't get a true feel for him as an athlete especially in terms of agility and ability to change direction. Does he really play up top in our academy? He was moving like someone whos used to playing as a 10. Even the ball he squeezed to Pogba between the lines. When he dropped deeper was vintage 10 play.
He played as a 10 when he was younger but has played everywhere across the forward line. Last season he played as a 9 for the u18s & this season he has played a lot as a false 9 dropping a lot deeper than he was last season & sometimes playing in a front 2 with Dmani Mellor. He has also played from the wings quite a lot this season & has a natural tendency to drop deep or move out to the wings. In this video you can see a lot more of his goals this season are from dropping deep whereas last season he was scoring most of his goals in the box

Macedonian Red

Great expirience for him but hes not ready yet. Looking forward to see him against smaller club.

Last edited by a moderator:

Web of Bissaka

Composure, physical play and his sense in attacking spaces are what impresses me.

Didn't hide either and actually imposed himself to be in the game.

Yeah, I didn't watch him at youth level so I have zero idea how he play and his abilities, there's more to come isn't it.

SteveW

Composure, physical play and his sense in attacking spaces are what impresses me.

Didn't hide either and actually imposed himself to be in the game.

Yeah, I didn't watch him at youth level so I have zero idea how he play and his abilities, there's more to come isn't it.
You're in for a treat. He'll be the best player in the club in a year or two.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Of the first team minutes awarded to Chong, Gomez and Greenwood, he looks the most ready right now.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Surely he's here to stay as a squad player now. We have no striking backups. Rashford and Martial haven't shown enough to be an 9 and Sanchez is injured.

There is an argument maybe for Martial but he's clearly a much better winger.
Rashford was on top of the world a few weeks ago playing as a #9, and now you think Greenwood is ready to take his place after a 10 minute cameo?

King.of.Red

Clearly he has amazing talent to be great player but I hope we introduce him step by step. His body is still quite small compared to older PL players. Well, Ole and his team definitely know what's the best for his development. Come on, Greenwood!

ash_86

Definitely looks more capable than gomes or Chong . Surprisingly he didn't look out of size for a 17yr old . Should get more minutes

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was injured a lot of times when I'm sure Ole wanted to give him a shot before, but he finally gets fit and is included in the squad and gets subbed on away to PSG in the Champions League round of 16 and away to Arsenal both when we need a goal. Says it all on how highly he is rated. Wonder if the plans for him are to develop on the right of a front 3 with Martial, Rashford and Greenwood... He's obviously a bit away from being a regular, though then again, you see how Sancho has exploded this season and how he's only 18/turning 19 this month. Could well be that we see Greenwood as that good that we'll just make do with Rashford/Martial/Lingard/Lukaku/Mata and integrate him into the team. It's probably the biggest thing I'm hesitant about when I think of Sancho as the perfect United signing.

Anyway, no need to get ahead of ourselves, but it is striking that as a newly turned 17 old, he didn't really look like a kid out there or out of place. His movement is so Van Persie-esque that he really could develop brilliantly on the right and give that front 3 a really nice balance to it (and with the versatility to play anywhere). Here's hoping!

deafepl

Was injured a lot of times when I'm sure Ole wanted to give him a shot before, but he finally gets fit and is included in the squad and gets subbed on away to PSG in the Champions League round of 16 and away to Arsenal both when we need a goal. Says it all on how highly he is rated. Wonder if the plans for him are to develop on the right of a front 3 with Martial, Rashford and Greenwood... He's obviously a bit away from being a regular, though then again, you see how Sancho has exploded this season and how he's only 18/turning 19 this month. Could well be that we see Greenwood as that good that we'll just make do with Rashford/Martial/Lingard/Lukaku/Mata and integrate him into the team. It's probably the biggest thing I'm hesitant about when I think of Sancho as the perfect United signing.

Anyway, no need to get ahead of ourselves, but it is striking that as a newly turned 17 old, he didn't really look like a kid out there or out of place. His movement is so Van Persie-esque that he really could develop brilliantly on the right and give that front 3 a really nice balance to it (and with the versatility to play anywhere). Here's hoping!
With Lukaku's in-form, I'd start him ahead of Rashford, he can bully defender especially his physical and stronger with hold up play than Rashford. Ideally, Rashford and Lukaku share role depending on opponents, start Lukaku against low block team and start Rashford against a team playing so high line and open.

Status
Not open for further replies.