Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Playing from the right there, is that under instruction from Ole perhaps?
He just swapped with Burkhart a few times in the match. WBA played with a back 5 and defended most the game so there was little space for Mason in the centre.

The few times he pulled out wide he had the left back dead every time. Just like the assist for the goal he ran at them directly with a few step overs and with his quick feet earnt space for a shot/cross.
Watching the game last night I was wondering if Mason had suddenly grown a few inches? Looks much taller and gangly and may take a while for him to grow into his new body! Had a few balance issues yesterday too!
Not sure it's a recent change as he's always been fairly tall, but yeah this is the issue with his age. Like Rashford/Mctominay they can have sudden growth spurts which don't make playing football easy as it changes your balance completely.

Either way people worrying he's not ready for the "rough" top level don't have to, he's got a mans body now. We definitely need him in the first team next year.

Raven

He just swapped with Burkhart a few times in the match. WBA played with a back 5 and defended most the game so there was little space for Mason in the centre.

The few times he pulled out wide he had the left back dead every time. Just like the assist for the goal he ran at them directly with a few step overs and with his quick feet earnt space for a shot/cross.

Not sure it's a recent change as he's always been fairly tall, but yeah this is the issue with his age. Like Rashford/Mctominay they can have sudden growth spurts which don't make playing football easy as it changes your balance completely.

Either way people worrying he's not ready for the "rough" top level don't have to, he's got a mans body now. We definitely need him in the first team next year.
Ahh, fair enough... I thought they might be getting him used to the right wing.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Watching the game last night I was wondering if Mason had suddenly grown a few inches? Looks much taller and gangly and may take a while for him to grow into his new body! Had a few balance issues yesterday too!
He has certainly added a couple of pounds of muscle to his upper body.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I think he'll be our number 9 if he keeps on this line of progress

deafepl

If Greenwood make it and Rashford make CF his own for next decade scoring 25+ every season, our future is bright, did we had great attacking players coming through at this rate?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If Greenwood make it and Rashford make CF his own for next decade scoring 25+ every season, our future is bright, did we had great attacking players coming through at this rate?
Rashford has a very, very long way to go to be called great, he still has a lot of flaws in his game that he needs to work out.

deafepl

Rashford has a very, very long way to go to be called great, he still has a lot of flaws in his game that he needs to work out.
He just turned 21 and still young, for the first time he has scored 10+ league goal in his career this season. He has a lot of flaws that can be improved like the header and holdup play. He only can get better with ages, he has very good mentally where he keen on working harder and try to improve himself.

ErranMorad

Is playing from the right these days? That clip on the last page has him exclusively on the right. May be we are trying to get our own homegrown Sancho instead of paying 100m+ for the City graduate?

SparkedIntoLife

Is playing from the right these days? That clip on the last page has him exclusively on the right. May be we are trying to get our own homegrown Sancho instead of paying 100m+ for the City graduate?
Seems that way. I assume Mata will leave and will be replaced by a signing with Greenwood as a second choice on the right where arguably there’s less pressure. He’s good there cutting in on his favoured left foot. I truly believe he’s ready to be a regular in our squad.

I’d love us to have both Sancho and Greenwood in our squad. Heck, I think we could even make it work with Hudson-Odoi too in a 4231. I think we need to be ambitious in securing the top young talent, especially as all the aforementioned players (along with Rashford and Martial) have the dynamism and versatility to switch around.

The Irish Connection

Seems that way. I assume Mata will leave and will be replaced by a signing with Greenwood as a second choice on the right where arguably there’s less pressure. He’s good there cutting in on his favoured left foot. I truly believe he’s ready to be a regular in our squad.

I’d love us to have both Sancho and Greenwood in our squad. Heck, I think we could even make it work with Hudson-Odoi too in a 4231. I think we need to be ambitious in securing the top young talent, especially as all the aforementioned players (along with Rashford and Martial) have the dynamism and versatility to switch around.
bale for a good price and Greenwood sharing the right wing ?

SparkedIntoLife

bale for a good price and Greenwood sharing the right wing ?
Maybe. I think Bale still has something to offer but, like you said, it has to be a good price. He seems terribly unpopular at Real now so possibly they will let him go cheaply, especially in some sort of part exchange with Pogba that will help them save face for selling at a loss. Obviously wages would be a problem and there’s concerns he could be another Sanchez.

I wouldn’t mind Zaha as a stop gap. Dortmund have been linked with him so perhaps he could contribute for us for a year and then we could use him to get Sancho who will be hard to get this Summer.

Conor

Reminds me of Van Persie for some reason, the way he moves and dribbles.

Mr PG

Maybe. I think Bale still has something to offer but, like you said, it has to be a good price. He seems terribly unpopular at Real now so possibly they will let him go cheaply, especially in some sort of part exchange with Pogba that will help them save face for selling at a loss. Obviously wages would be a problem and there’s concerns he could be another Sanchez.

I wouldn’t mind Zaha as a stop gap. Dortmund have been linked with him so perhaps he could contribute for us for a year and then we could use him to get Sancho who will be hard to get this Summer.
Thank God you don’t work at United dude. Bale in some part exchange for Pogba???. Buying others rejects is why we are where we are. Falcao, Di-Maria etc

Sterling Archer

Scary talent. Those stepovers at L.Ronaldo-esque.
Did I watch a different set of highlights? I saw one standard assist from wide, several wild misses and not much else. Didn't find it all that impressive. I always have trouble translating it to first team readiness

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I've known this lad and his family for many years and I believe he will be our main CF before long. He's naturally a much better finisher than Rashford and has a much higher ceiling.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I've known this lad and his family for many years and I believe he will be our main CF before long. He's naturally a much better finisher than Rashford and has a much higher ceiling.
Is he from the same youth product as Rashford etc?

Wonderfully 2 footed. Crossing and passing with his right, then taking a corner with his left!:eek:

SparkedIntoLife

Thank God you don’t work at United dude. Bale in some part exchange for Pogba???. Buying others rejects is why we are where we are. Falcao, Di-Maria etc
? I think you need to read my post again as you've utterly missed my point. I didn't advocate Bale's signing (though I do think he still has something to offer). I was stating that I think this is what Real might try to do. They will realise they can't get a big fee for him anymore so will try to part exchange him, either with us for Pogba or to Chelsea for Hazard.

I want us to sign young, hungry players this Summer, not the likes of Bale. That's even why I would sell Pogba as he goes missing far too often for me and I question his desire to help us through this tough period of re-establishing ourselves as a top club. He would command a big fee which would allow us to strengthen more of our squad and get some balance.

Trizy

Did I watch a different set of highlights? I saw one standard assist from wide, several wild misses and not much else. Didn't find it all that impressive. I always have trouble translating it to first team readiness
:lol: Ya, that video was probably the worst highlights I've seen of him, I was just talking about in general.

Thiagoal

I think you must have? Anyone not impressed with the pace, dribbling and general awareness of a 17 year old against far more experienced pros has unrealisticly high expectations! He seems to be snatching at his chances recently but we all know his finishing is phenomenal usually! Will have a big breakthrough next season and can even foresee an England cap or two!

Red00012

£50million is the most I’d be paying for Bale, and he wouldn’t be getting Sanchez type wages either if that’s what he’s looking for no thanks.

Sterling Archer

:lol: Ya, that video was probably the worst highlights I've seen of him, I was just talking about in general.
That's more of what I was thinking. Seen much much better from him. Shame he kept getting injured at times he would have played in the first team

-Supreme-

£50million is the most I’d be paying for Bale, and he wouldn’t be getting Sanchez type wages either if that’s what he’s looking for no thanks.
No major clubs will pay anywhere near this fee considering how much he gets paid at RM.

I would only consider taking Bale on loan with no transfer fees involved

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I think you must have? Anyone not impressed with the pace, dribbling and general awareness of a 17 year old against far more experienced pros has unrealisticly high expectations! He seems to be snatching at his chances recently but we all know his finishing is phenomenal usually! Will have a big breakthrough next season and can even foresee an England cap or two!
Far more experienced pros? You mean their backline which consisted of a 17 year old, two 18 year olds, a 19 year old, and a 20 year old. None of which have any first team appearances and their combined senior football experiences amounts to a couple of appearances in the Conference and the Scottish Championship. Their left side being made up of the 17 and 18 year old as well with no senior football. So that video didn't contain anything against far more experienced pros.

GledTheRed

I'm from Hudds mate, Mason was in Hudds as a youngster playing in the u-6's believe it or not, eventhough he's originally from Bradford.
Yeah he's from Wibsey in Bradford as far as I'm aware. Didn't realise he played for Huddersfield.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yeah he's from Wibsey in Bradford as far as I'm aware. Didn't realise he played for Huddersfield.
He didnt play for Huddersfield mate. United had a u-6's development centre set up in Huddersfield and it was easier for Mason and family to travel to Huddersfield from Wibsey.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Completely right. Massively hyperbolic.

L.Ronaldo-esque. Jesus Christ. He did a few shit stepovers which resulted in nothing. More worryingly he gave the ball away 5-6 times, missed an open-goal header and made some very poor decisions in the final third.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It wasn’t his best game but having those in the bag when running at defenders in the box is a great tool, especially when you’re so 2 footed.

While he had a few scuffed shots he made a lovely assist and should have had another 1 from a peach of a cross.

If that’s his bottom level then we’ve got nothing to worry about.

In Rainbows

You're right. It was his worst performance since he's made the step up to the u18s.

Loublaze

ATLien
Much higher ceiling? I haven't seen him much but don't you think considering his age that maybe that's a bit premature to say atm?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Much higher ceiling? I haven't seen him much but don't you think considering his age that maybe that's a bit premature to say atm?
I've never rated Rashford as anything special. Even when Rashford was coming through the academy I didn't see anything special about him other than him being fast. When LVG thrust him straight into the first team after we had a injury crisis I was very surprised, due to not being overly impressed at all with Rashford in the academy.

Not a popular opinion I know...

Status
Not open for further replies.