Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

EtH

Yep.

His two-footedness could be a big help. It will make it less effective for teams to push him to his weaker foot (as they try to do with Salah) and should allow him to take shots in positions other players wouldn't be able to.

Though it's no coincidence that the players we would consider the best goalscorers take up roughly the same spot on those charts, middle right. Being a superior finisher is great but the ability to get yourself quality chances is more telling in the long run.

Should be said though, those tables are comparing him to some of the league's best attackers in their prime so you wouldn't expect him to be anywhere near them as a 19 year old anyway.
Yeah the two-footedness, the lack of backlift and subseqent quickness with which he hits the ball keeps defenders and keepers guessing and catches them off guard. And the accuracy along with the power generated is deadly, allowing him to score from angles many players wouldn’t even get a ball on target from.

It really is a unique skillset. Never seen anything like it. If the boy starts getting into better positions consistently the sky is the limit. It has been said ad nauseam of course, but playing and training with Ronaldo should do him a world of good in this aspect.

Verminator

Yeah the two-footedness, the lack of backlift and subseqent quickness with which he hits the ball keeps defenders and keepers guessing and catches them off guard. And the accuracy along with the power generated is deadly, allowing him to score from angles many players wouldn’t even get a ball on target from.

It really is a unique skillset. Never seen anything like it. If the boy starts getting into better positions consistently the sky is the limit. It has been said ad nauseam of course, but playing and training with Ronaldo should do him a world of good in this aspect.
...and Cavani.
Mason could become an absolute monster of a player.
Exciting times to be a supporter.

EtH

...and Cavani.
Mason could become an absolute monster of a player.
Exciting times to be a supporter.
Indeed. Can’t remember being so excited about any player never mind an academy graduate.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Expecting him to start up top tonight, just hope we push Martial to the LW in a

Martial Greenwood Sancho,

Rather than

Sancho Martial Greenwood

MDFC Manager

They sit next to each other in the dressing room. How good is that for Greenwood!

Varun

Staff
Indeed. Can’t remember being so excited about any player never mind an academy graduate.
Yeah, he's absolutely sensational. This will sound outrageous maybe but I believe he's already better than both Rashford and Sancho and if he progresses well, will become far and away our best attacker in couple of years.

EtH

They sit next to each other in the dressing room. How good is that for Greenwood!
Absolute dream stuff.

Yeah, he's absolutely sensational. This will sound outrageous maybe but I believe he's already better than both Rashford and Sancho and if he progresses well, will become far and away our best attacker in couple of years.
Don’t think it’s outrageous at all. His overall play has come on so much, and his finishing is off the charts. It’s already world class. Which sounds insane at just 19 years old but it’s the truth.

I try not to get carried away with youth, but I genuinely believe he’ll be a Ballon d’Or candidate in the coming years and our all-time top scorer should he remain healthy over the course of his career.

Last edited:

Pickle85

So glad he's ours. Looks properly settled at this level now and his all round game has come on in leaps and bounds. Has adapted brilliantly to defenders getting wiser to him after his breakout system and is fast beginning to look like he can do it all. If his development continues he's going to be a very, very special player.

GueRed

He's on form.

He's been our most sharpest attacking player. His movement and decision-making has been on point.

CG1010

Won't comment on Sancho as he has just come here, but Greenwood has shown himself to be a superior well rounded footballer with some exceptional skills compared to Rashford. And this is coming from a massive Rashford fan. What Rashford does have over current Greenwood is overall explosiveness.. he is devastating on counters and fast transitions. So in a way both of them complement each other.

Man Utd 0:1 West Ham
He's absolutely unbelievable now.

He's taken the ridiculous technical ability he has and worked to also become one of the most physically dominant players on the pitch.

Just a crazy talent...I wouldn't be surprised if he was widely acknowledged as our best player by the end of the season.

el3mel

Easily our best player in the period he played. Every single good ball came from him. It's amusing how opposition's defenders are so afraid of him running towards them.

flappyjay

He would get so many assists if he was interested in getting assists. His dribbling and 2 footedness opens so many possibilities for him but he doesn't pass until a chance at shooting is gone.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He’s playing too wide. What the hell was the point in having Martial walk around up top when Greenwood was the only player with any intensity who can score. We need to get him in the middle where he can get more chances.

Abraxas

Thought he was brilliant. If he'd have started I've some faith we would have scored at some point.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
It was just give Greenwood the ball and he'll do something with it. Unreal pace, intent and skill. That was a sight to behold. Should have scored and the final ball needed to be a bit better.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He’s playing too wide. What the hell was the point in having Martial walk around up top when Greenwood was the only player with any intensity who can score. We need to get him in the middle where he can get more chances.
Who would find him there?

Drizzle

Thought he was poor when he came on, seems I'm alone in that.
He was literally the only player that consistently turned their defenders towards their own goal. He may have lacked the precise shot or pass but he looked our most dangerous option at the end.

Raven

He was literally the only player that consistently turned their defenders towards their own goal. He may have lacked the precise shot or pass but he looked our most dangerous option at the end.
Then did absolutely feck all. He's still young and his decision making will get better but he was cat today.

DarkXaero

Our most dangerous threat tonight. I wish he had been played centrally instead of the right wing, so we could have seen him on the end of chances more, rather than constantly asking him to create for no one as Martial has zero poacher instincts.

Dinghy

He have to play on the right and tonight proved it once again. Every time he got the ball to his feet it got dangerous, that wouldn't happen if he was playing as a striker against a side laying low like that.

Kag

He plays like a proper bloke now. Plays with real responsibility, which doesn’t come naturally to most others.

pascell

Superstar in the making. Absolutely love him, he's got the right kind of aggression in running at his man and in interviews he says the right things. Going to be invaluable for us soon enough.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He have to play on the right and tonight proved it once again. Every time he got the ball to his feet it got dangerous, that wouldn't happen if he was playing as a striker against a side laying low like that.
But he also has far too much to do when picking up the ball on the touchline. Unless he can do a Messi like run he isn't going to get enough scoring opportunities. I think he has to find better ways of playing down that left channel. Like where he ran in behind immediately after coming on.

Devil may care

Direct and dangerous when he came on, had their LB unsure if he was Arthur or Martha by the end.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
He really needs to learn not to shoot from impossible angles. He has great finishing, but he tries to finish the most hardest chances. He constantly shoots when he should square it. Sure, he is more likely to score than some other players in those positions, but I would rather him pass to someone who is in a better position. He get's that sorted out, and he really will be a proper monster of a player. He needs to do what Ronaldo does, and just get into positions where he has a simple tap in, or to create an easier chance for himself to shoot with some skill, which he can do.

EtH

Yeah I didn’t get that at all. Not that I’m too bothered as it’s only the League Cup. But Martial was totally lethargic and it would’ve been good to get Greenwood some minutes at CF.

Still, another quality performance overall. Defenders are literally terrified when he runs at them now. Thing of beauty.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Bruno, Mata, Lingard. He can also create his own chances out of nothing. Just think having Martial up top was a waste of time.
I think he finds it much easier from the wing than up top, especially as West Ham had a lot of men sitting low. Mata and Lingard wouldnt really find him I think, every thing had to go from the wings.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He missed the chance but was quality and showed urgency that no there player did.

Frank Grimes

Missed a good chance. He was lively though so deserves a but of praise for that. I do think he is a tad over hyped by a lot of our fans though. He is still a work in progress and not the certainty to be as good as some already claim he is.

macheda14

Missed a good chance. He was lively though so deserves a but of praise for that. I do think he is a tad over hyped by a lot of our fans though. He is still a work in progress and not the certainty to be as good as some already claim he is.
I think you forget just how young he is. He is already one of the better players for one of the biggest clubs in the world. If he was playing for a lesser club every top side in the world would be after him. He's not a Haaland / Mbappe level talent, but he's the rung just below that.

Status
Not open for further replies.