5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibrahimorich

I honestly thought he made the wrong decision pretty much every time he went forward today and was surprised he wasn't taken off.

Then he scores the winner

Shows what I know :wenger:

SAFMUTD

Nice goal and was close to got one on the first one.

Great prospect :devil:

DoomSlayer

Yep, and then Sancho on the bench sounds odd, but tough. He needs to play a lot better to push Greenwood out.
I don't think anyone is pushing Greenwood out of this team. We have something truly special on our hands in him.

MadMike

I am tourchouring myself in last few days, Greenwood best minutes at NO-9 will be taken away this season, Cavani might have to play a limited role after all his whole hearted displays who lifted fans last yrear

I am happy we are getting Ronaldo but same time one of Rashford/Greenwood/Sancho/Cavani have to make the way for Ronny
Greenwood has very little skillset that makes him compatible with a #9 role at the moment. Being a good finisher =/= good #9.

Back to goal, holding ball up, winning headers, being alive when the ball is in the box... he does none of these things well. His good attributes are linking up, dribbling and shooting. He is clearly more lethal from the wing running at players than being at #9 and spending most of his time with his back to the goal.

I don't understand this obsession people have with him getting minutes in the #9 role. It's not like playing as an inverted forward is stifling his development. Many world class forwards played on the wing for much longer than Greenwood with no problems. RVP was playing as a winger at Arsenal till age 23-24. Same for Thierry Henry.

saeed

Maybe we should spend Sancho's money on midfielder!

laughtersassassin

Obviously there is not much to argue with with his finishing but I do wonder if he should start going for some curlers and some finishes up higher.

He has the technique for it.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Absolute star, and still a teenager! He is just lethal, i expect him so score every time he manages to get his shot away.

Favorite player at united now, its gonna be fantastic watching him develop and get even better.

Look-a-Hill

Many world class forwards played on the wing for much longer than Greenwood with no problems. RVP was playing as a winger at Arsenal till age 23-24. Same for Thierry Henry.
It's something I recall Alan Davies saying on his Arsenal podcast that Wenger openly liked blooding strikers on the wing to improve their overall skill set in the long-term.

EtH

Long time United fan but first post here and joined the forum just to say this…

Say whatever you will about the manager and issues at the top of the club, but it looks like the most exciting times and squad we have had since Fergie by far.

However, I just want to say that as amazing and romantic as Ronaldo’s return will be next match the last thing that needs to happen and worst thing that could happen is for this lad to lose minutes going forward.

I have been following Greenwood’s progress since he was in the U-18 setup, and he is everything this club is about. He is my favorite United player ever after Scholes already. And that is saying a lot considering my massive man crush on Wayne Rooney. His progress has been amazing to watch and at times a welcome distraction these past few years.

I won’t make any comparisons to Ronaldo, but I genuinely think the kid has Ballon d’Or potential and will not break but shatter Rooney’s club scoring record if he stays healthy over the course of his career.

At such a young age he is already a match winner as evidenced today yet again. He scores pivotal goals with a remarkable clinical precision, and his overall play only gets better every match.

It is pure joy to watch. And while I look forward to seeing Ronaldo in a red shirt again as much as any United fan next match, it really pales in comparison to seeing this kid mature and perform at such a high level as a teenager.

Long may it continue. And may he be given every opportunity for it to continue.

Glory glory Man United :devil:

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Obviously there is not much to argue with with his finishing but I do wonder if he should start going for some curlers and some finishes up higher.

Statistically, I'd imagine low and hard is the way to go. High and curled might look nice but they're surely easier for the keeper? Plus, Solskjaer knows a thing or two about finishing and he usually went low.

Reminds me of Fowler in some ways, someone else who always seemed to aim low and for the corners. Which is a real compliment, as early days Fowler was fecking lethal.

RooneyLegend

Looking at his numbers, there's really no arguing with him choice of finishes.

Grande

Statistically, I'd imagine low and hard is the way to go. High and curled might look nice but they're surely easier for the keeper? Plus, Solskjaer knows a thing or two about finishing and he usually went low.

Reminds me of Fowler in some ways, someone else who always seemed to aim low and for the corners. Which is a real compliment, as early days Fowler was fecking lethal.
His two finishes today and his goal vs Leeds are from angles where almost nobody scores from. He gets two goals and forces a millimetre save because he finishes like he does - quicker than the keeper expects, hard, along the ground, pinpoint accurate. It’s a part of his game were he is already world class.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Aside: he must be very close to favourite for golden boy this season? Between him and Pedri I’d say. Am I missing anyone?

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
His two finishes today and his goal vs Leeds are from angles where almost nobody scores from. He gets two goals and forces a millimetre save because he finishes like he does - quicker than the keeper expects, hard, along the ground, pinpoint accurate. It’s a part of his game were he is already world class.
Even the shot in the first half was very close considering how acute the angle was. He comes alive when he's one on one and just has to shift the ball and shoot.

And being 2-footed means the defender is constantly guessing as he can't push him in either direction with any certainty.

He's so exciting.

BorisManUtd

Almost scored towards the end of the first half, think Wolves keeper even saved it but ref didn't give us a corner.

Brophs

The One and Only
Weird comparison, but he reminds me a lot of Defoe, in the way he hits the ball early and powerfully. The keeper is so often expecting more time to be able to shift a little or get his feet right.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
There’s not a single player in this world right now that can consistently and easily score goals off that right channel like Mason. It’s ridiculous

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Just imagine how many more goals this kid will score when they can’t double team him because of Ronaldo

Dempsey19

I expect him to score everytime he gets near the box. I'm shocked when he doesnt. Easily becoming one of my favourite players.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Bar the soon to be returning Ronaldo... Greenwood's Potential is higher than anyone elses at the club. That's how good this kid is.

Rashford and Martial? He's going to be better. Pogba? Better. Even Bruno I think he's going to be better than and I love Bruno.

Generational talent.

RedTiger

Half mast
Long time United fan but first post here and joined the forum just to say this…

Say whatever you will about the manager and issues at the top of the club, but it looks like the most exciting times and squad we have had since Fergie by far.

However, I just want to say that as amazing and romantic as Ronaldo’s return will be next match the last thing that needs to happen and worst thing that could happen is for this lad to lose minutes going forward.

I have been following Greenwood’s progress since he was in the U-18 setup, and he is everything this club is about. He is my favorite United player ever after Scholes already. And that is saying a lot considering my massive man crush on Wayne Rooney. His progress has been amazing to watch and at times a welcome distraction these past few years.

I won’t make any comparisons to Ronaldo, but I genuinely think the kid has Ballon d’Or potential and will not break but shatter Rooney’s club scoring record if he stays healthy over the course of his career.

At such a young age he is already a match winner as evidenced today yet again. He scores pivotal goals with a remarkable clinical precision, and his overall play only gets better every match.

It is pure joy to watch. And while I look forward to seeing Ronaldo in a red shirt again as much as any United fan next match, it really pales in comparison to seeing this kid mature and perform at such a high level as a teenager.

Long may it continue. And may he be given every opportunity for it to continue.

Glory glory Man United :devil:
Nice first post brother.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Bellingham. Think Pedri has it wrapped up based on the Euros.
Yeah, shout, forgot about Bellingham. It’s announced in December, isn’t it? Maybe if Greenwood keeps bagging he gets it. Fingers crossed!

ExoduS

Him, Fernandes and De Gea are few positives thus far this season. The kid can score and has venomous strike from all angles. I hope he gets better and better. Feed the kid and let him score.

AgentP

I honestly think he should be in our playing XI even with everyone fit. None of our other forwards is as dangerous in the final third as Mason (apart from Ronaldo). Our front 3 should be (Sancho/Rashford/Pogba) - Ronaldo - Greenwood with Bruno and 2 CMs behind them.

sp_107

Greenwood has very little skillset that makes him compatible with a #9 role at the moment. Being a good finisher =/= good #9.

Back to goal, holding ball up, winning headers, being alive when the ball is in the box... he does none of these things well. His good attributes are linking up, dribbling and shooting. He is clearly more lethal from the wing running at players than being at #9 and spending most of his time with his back to the goal.

I don't understand this obsession people have with him getting minutes in the #9 role. It's not like playing as an inverted forward is stifling his development. Many world class forwards played on the wing for much longer than Greenwood with no problems. RVP was playing as a winger at Arsenal till age 23-24. Same for Thierry Henry.
You comfort me enough so i dont worry too much about Greenwood, only other thing is Cavani might miss many minutes because of Ronaldo

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I still think he might end up scoring in the most games this season even if the likes of Ronaldo might end up with more goals overall.

Greenwood's a lethal finisher and he'll learn a lot from watching how Ronaldo gets his shots.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Undroppable right now.

One of Sancho and Rashford should be worried.
If we can get a midfielder in then they both need to be worried. Greenwood-Ronaldo-Pogba pick themselves for the time being.

It’s a great position to be in. If you perform you’ll play. If not then there are multiple capable options waiting for their opportunity on the bench. This kind of competition for places is what we’ve desperately been missing since the Fergie days.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
You comfort me enough so i dont worry too much about Greenwood, only other thing is Cavani might miss many minutes because of Ronaldo
Cavani will get plenty of minutes with or without Ronaldo, I could see both of them playing together if we need to get a goal or in the cup matches or against weak sides.

lex talionis

The boy is special. His ability to finish at this age is substantially superior to Ronaldo's ability to finish at the same age. Other aspects of his game are a bit raw but well ahead of any reasonable schedule for his development. Should he remain focused and healthy for the next 14-15 seasons, he'll have a career for the ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.