g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Mason Greenwood | 2023/24 Performances | on loan to Getafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red00012

his attitude is shit. we have enough of those kinds of pricks already. give me 11 players that leave everything out on the pitch each game. i don’t care if that means they can’t curl one in from 30 yards.
Ya take Antony for instance . No assist or goal in 23 games but look he leaves everything out on the pitch and that’s all that’s needed.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Dyche teams
reported.

Ya take Antony for instance . No assist or goal in 23 games but look he leaves everything out on the pitch and that’s all that’s needed.
i know. it’s a real drop off from all those trophies and titles we were winning with the likes of greenwood, sancho, rashford stinking up the place with their attitudes.

the ones that have been at the club for the last 5/6 years are the root cause of all the problems. bad apples, causing rot amongst the rest of them. players and managers come in and lift the place for a bit, they’re soon then brought down to level of the cesspit. anyone who’s worked with toxic people know the effect it has on the whole team. doesn’t matter what they’re capable of delivering, they’re a net loss.

SER19

Dyche teams
Villa, Leverkusen, Dortmund...and so on. Weve had countless players in the last decade that prove talent is worth absolutely nothing if your attitude and work rate isnt enough. Before the travesty of what happened with Greenwood, he had been booted from England set up at 19 and was turning in some seriously patchy form.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
A friend of mine watch a lot of la liga and have seen everything from Getafe so far. In his opinion he would walk into our team and probably a lot of the top teams in Europe now.

I have watched a couple games with him and Greenwood got better and better. His crossing with both feet is better than before. We could really need him this season. And his finishing is unreal and that we definitely need.
His unreal finishing in those 2 goals?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Has he done anything since that goal a few weeks ago? Why is he getting hyped up again?

We need all the money we can get in January so hopefully we can get some sort of fee for him.

Fridge chutney

Hope it's true that other clubs are trying to sign him so that there's no chance of him returning. I've backed Ratcliffe, but if he oversees his return then he's done in my eyes. We're such a fecking desperate club with desperate fans, looking for a quick fix.
Well said and i couldn't agree more.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Hope it's true that other clubs are trying to sign him so that there's no chance of him returning. I've backed Ratcliffe, but if he oversees his return then he's done in my eyes. We're such a fecking desperate club with desperate fans, looking for a quick fix.
The overrating on season so far is going through the stratosphere
As pocco said, it's desperation. But not just for the on the pitch stuff, as we'll see when he is moved on and people will still go on and on about it on here.

Changing my mind as well. Mainly because I was on such a moral high horse about it and now just feel absolutely numb from the apartheid and genocide I've been complicit to by being a tax paying American. Feck everything. The world needs more forgiveness and doing better. Hope the Greenwood family is able to fully heal and move on from this.
Understanding is far more important than the concept of forgiveness will ever be. You are right about the state of the world, seems like there's no end to it all :(

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The overrating on season so far is going through the stratosphere
What's new? Why is this any different to the over/underrating of numerous other players?

I'm surprised to see him performing at this current level as I thought he was done. Too much pressure, so long out the game, etc etc.... but nope.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I'm surprised to see him performing at this current level as I thought he was done. Too much pressure, so long out the game, etc etc.... but nope.
I wouldn't go as far as surprised, there was always a chance he would still be at a decent enough level if he kept fit and kicking a ball. But still being able to play all those matches, and looking fairly sharp whilst at it, is not to be sniffed at.

golden_blunder

Staff
What's new? Why is this any different to the over/underrating of numerous other players?

Well that’s a good point raised, we are under rating our own players in the midst of a bad season and over rating one that hasn’t played PL football in 2 years. Some calling for him to return now, to ride in on his steed and save the season

I find it all a bit silly

Ish

Lights on for Luke
All there is to say about greenwood is “oh, what could have been….what a pity”.

Best both parties move on. From a footballing POV, I do hope he fulfills his enormous potential someday.

AFC NimbleThumb

A match they won 12-0 so probably speaks to the quality of the opposition
Wasn’t it Fergie who once said you have to beat whatever is in front of you.

Garnacho scored an overhead kick, did feck all for the subsequent games & people are calling him the next coming. No surprise people are excited about the performances of a United loanee.

golden_blunder

Staff
Wasn’t it Fergie who once said you have to beat whatever is in front of you.

Garnacho scored an overhead kick, did feck all for the subsequent games & people are calling him the next coming. No surprise people are excited about the performances of a United loanee.
United fans getting carried away again. It was a great goal but that’s it. Doesn’t guarantee that he’s gonna play for years at this level or disappear like macheda

Yorke to Cole

Ratcliffe has not got in the door yet.

Ten years of mediocrity to rubbish does not equal an immediate solution. When you are run by parasites it is hardly a surprise people want something better than what we currently have.

Anyway, another assist in a ground where we got slaughtered last season.

Nep77

Greenwood number would be so much better if Getafe could play the football on the ground and keep the ball for a while. Whole tactics is just to hoof and hit early cross to two forward and pray.

Tender Teacher

Uh oh, what will you do? Start writing some utterly scathing comments about him on redcafe?

DiMaria

Greenwood number would be so much better if Getafe could play the football on the ground and keep the ball for a while. Whole tactics is just to hoof and hit early cross to two forward and pray.
You’re right. They’re generally a very defensive side that don’t create much. If he ends up somewhere like Barca, sky is the limit.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Inappropriate Behavior
Uh oh, what will you do? Start writing some utterly scathing comments about him on redcafe?
Are you just a thick cnut or have you just forgot what happened to the last guy that brought him back? Ratcliffe hasn't exactly got an army of supporters amongst our fanbase, it would be a terrible move.

Me personally though, I'll cancel my season ticket if he comes back.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Ratcliffe has not got in the door yet.

Ten years of mediocrity to rubbish does not equal an immediate solution. When you are run by parasites it is hardly a surprise people want something better than what we currently have.

Anyway, another assist in a ground where we got slaughtered last season.
I'm talking about Greenwood being the quick fix. He was obviously one of our best players and our best young talent in many years. I was a huge fan of him. But I'm not so desperate to overlook everything else in the hope he'll score us a few goals.

TsuWave

I think sometimes people forget Greenwood was still a teenager when he became a regular for our starting team. He was still learning the game - at a first team level - and growing into his body. Once you contextualise that, and how he performed for an incredibly dysfunctional team - as well as the company he’s in in terms of highest scoring teenagers in the prem - I don’t know how anyone can be overly critical of his game then

Status
Not open for further replies.