Mason Greenwood | 2023/24 Performances | on loan to Getafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

flameinthesun

Getafe not really getting any chances to attack, Athletic are very well set up. Greenwood has had a few good deliveries in, one a right footed free kick. Hes doing as much as the rest of the team which isnt saying much. Getafe don't really have a way to progress the ball upfield.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Getafe not really getting any chances to attack, Athletic are very well set up. Greenwood has had a few good deliveries in, one a right footed free kick. Hes doing as much as the rest of the team which isnt saying much. Getafe don't really have a way to progress the ball upfield.
Pretty much sums it up. Athletic seem to be a better side in general.

Doracle

Just got an assist. His set piece delivery has been very good and with his right foot! Which was something he showed in the youth teams.
That’s a fantastic cross with his wrong foot. One of the things that always puzzled me for United was how little he used his right foot, given how two-footed he is.

Idxomer

Crossing has been his best quality.

Definitely needs to bulk up though, he looks to be weaker than when he came into the first team 4 years ago.

flameinthesun

That’s a fantastic cross with his wrong foot. One of the things that always puzzled me for United was how little he used his right foot, given how two-footed he is.
I think when he first broke into the united squad he used his right a lot more but it felt that as teams started to figure him out and it became a bit more challenging for him he started to predominantly use his left foot which I think is his dominant foot.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Definitely needs to bulk up though, he looks to be weaker than when he came into the first team 4 years ago.
Really? I always thought his finishing was his best quality. Both feet and a little back lift.

flappyjay

It's obvious physically he is not there yet. Even then he seems more comfortable on the ball than most of his team mates.

Highfather_24

I wonder why Alvaro Fernandez isn’t getting the same slavish devotion to every kick of the ball he makes while out on loan?
Probably because he isnt a homegrown player and a generational talent. But I get your point, he is also not a "alleged" criminal.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

The assist from a corner - did he ever take corners for us ?

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Glad to hear he's not been doing too well for Getafe. Early days still, let's hope it continues.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

The assist from a corner - did he ever take corners for us ?
From what I've seen they seem to be using him more as a traditional winger who remains wide as opposed his United role which gave him a lot more freedom to roam centrally, which opened up a lot more scoring chances. Their strikers aren't very good, so I'm sure they will try him out there at some point.

flameinthesun

Maybe. Although, on the plus side, he’s never been recorded threatening to violently rape someone. Which has to count for something, right?
Why don't you pose those question's in the other thread. You know that this thread is for his performances on loan. Feel free to comment in the Alvaro Fernandez thread if you are that intrigued about how he is fairing.

flameinthesun

It's obvious physically he is not there yet. Even then he seems more comfortable on the ball than most of his team mates.
Yeah physically you can tell he needs to develop what he's lost. However, for a guy who hasn't played professional football for nearly 2 years I think he's doing surprisingly well. His touch seems decent, we are seeing brief moments of quality, his technique seems to still be there. I reckon he just needs to regain his physicality and fitness and he will be back up and running. These games are effectively his pre-season so will be interesting to see how he is in a months time. What I hope is that he develops his off the ball movement and workrate as it seems he will need that to succeed at Getafe.

bosskeano

we badly miss his talent on our wing....he completely provided balance to our attack

El Zoido

He’s looking like he’s still got it, albeit clearly rusty. It’ll be interesting to see how he develops over the course of a season. Not a bad start for him, all things considered.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He plays football. So far he's not more impressive than Januzaj when he first went to Spain.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
we badly miss his talent on our wing....he completely provided balance to our attack
No he didn't. The last full season he played for us he had 7 goals and 2 assists. Which is twice as many assists as he picked up in any other season. Does that sound like a wide forward whose talent is badly missed, or who completely balanced our attack? And that's without even getting into his shitty defensive effort, and general lack of stamina.

Antony's been getting dog's abuse for his lack of end product after matching Greenwood's highest tally of assists ever, in his debut season.

Last edited:

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
How did he lose so much muscle mass? The lack of match fitness and conditioning I understand, but surely he could've kept going to the gym and hired a strength trainer during his suspension?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
How did he lose so much muscle mass? The lack of match fitness and conditioning I understand, but surely he could've kept going to the gym and hired a strength trainer during his suspension?
Surely he could have worked on his cardio more when he was still at United, so he didn't have to keep getting subbed off after an hour, because he was blowing out off his arse? When you consider the obvious lack of dedication to fitness while he was still playing professional football, it's not a huge surprise that his conditioning fell off a cliff while he was out of the game.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Does he strike you as the kind of individual who would do something like that though? It takes a lot of self discipline to put yourself through those individual training sessions day after day, especially if you don’t know when or whether it will ever be needed.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Surely he could have worked on his cardio more when he was still at United, so he didn't have to keep getting subbed off after an hour, because he was blowing out off his arse? When you consider the obvious lack of dedication to fitness while he was still playing professional football, it's not a huge surprise that his conditioning fell off a cliff while he was out of the game.
Does he strike you as the kind of individual who would do something like that though? It takes a lot of self discipline to put yourself through those individual training sessions day after day, especially if you don’t know when or whether it will ever be needed.
Good points. I guess I've been thinking of this from my POV as someone who resents cardio and aerobic exercise but enjoys weight and strength training.

Status
Not open for further replies.