Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

Fridge chutney

Very happy he is not with us this year at least, I don't think theres much of anything that would make me stop watching/supporting United but it would have been extremely difficult to cheer him on or watch him.

I'm sure it will be reviewed and dredged up again when he plays, scores and ultimately comes back to us next year, unless there are further statements from him or his partner I really can't envisage changing my mind on being okay with him playing at United.

As usual this thread is full of dross and complete bald faced insincerity. I still think the above screenshots are so horribly minimised. He's highly highly likely to be guilty of at least minor physical and sexual abuse and the words and injuries are horrible. The way that has been trivialised over the course of this disaster is in such bad faith and it will only keep being made lesser and lesser as time goes on or goals go in.

Hopefully they have an abuse free relationship from here on out, I think that unlikely, as is very well evidenced within domestic abuse, but it's not impossible.

Everyone does deserve second chances and I think this is probably better than could be hoped for in the circumstances, the complete lack of explanation or acceptance of any real guilt or error still really rankles me, Greenwood doesn't really owe it to us if he has made it privately but it does create a big barrier for many people to be able to view him as someone who deserves huge empathy and the opportunity to continue being a rich, famous, adored sportsman.

Railing against cancel culture, Riley, or other posters in spite of the above screenshots is completely daft, but it's always very fascinating/depressing how narratives can begin, develop and then dominate.

I'm personally not bothered about driving his price up or how we best sell him, I'd have been happier if we had of paid out his contract and he was now fully separate from us, hopefully, in absence of further info or statement, that still happens next year.

I think the club have done so so poorly. Their statement is a disaster, accepting they don't have all the evidence but are content he is innocent, without any engagement from the victim, is so obviously flawed, the insight into what their process was shows it was so limited, despite taking so very long. Then the timing of the outcome and of course the reporting that has highlighted their plans and approach, ultimately leading to a U-turn that was overall probably more damaging than if they had either just terminated his contract or decided to keep him.

A difficult and unique situation for them of course but it's hard to imagine how it could have been handled worse, the result has been divisive/unclear for pretty much everyone on any side of the debate.
Excellent post. Sums up my views for the most part too.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

Very happy he is not with us this year at least, I don't think theres much of anything that would make me stop watching/supporting United but it would have been extremely difficult to cheer him on or watch him.

I'm sure it will be reviewed and dredged up again when he plays, scores and ultimately comes back to us next year, unless there are further statements from him or his partner I really can't envisage changing my mind on being okay with him playing at United.

As usual this thread is full of dross and complete bald faced insincerity. I still think the above screenshots are so horribly minimised. He's highly highly likely to be guilty of at least minor physical and sexual abuse and the words and injuries are horrible. The way that has been trivialised over the course of this disaster is in such bad faith and it will only keep being made lesser and lesser as time goes on or goals go in.

Hopefully they have an abuse free relationship from here on out, I think that unlikely, as is very well evidenced within domestic abuse, but it's not impossible.

Everyone does deserve second chances and I think this is probably better than could be hoped for in the circumstances, the complete lack of explanation or acceptance of any real guilt or error still really rankles me, Greenwood doesn't really owe it to us if he has made it privately but it does create a big barrier for many people to be able to view him as someone who deserves huge empathy and the opportunity to continue being a rich, famous, adored sportsman.

Railing against cancel culture, Riley, or other posters in spite of the above screenshots is completely daft, but it's always very fascinating/depressing how narratives can begin, develop and then dominate.

I'm personally not bothered about driving his price up or how we best sell him, I'd have been happier if we had of paid out his contract and he was now fully separate from us, hopefully, in absence of further info or statement, that still happens next year.

I think the club have done so so poorly. Their statement is a disaster, accepting they don't have all the evidence but are content he is innocent, without any engagement from the victim, is so obviously flawed, the insight into what their process was shows it was so limited, despite taking so very long. Then the timing of the outcome and of course the reporting that has highlighted their plans and approach, ultimately leading to a U-turn that was overall probably more damaging than if they had either just terminated his contract or decided to keep him.

A difficult and unique situation for them of course but it's hard to imagine how it could have been handled worse, the result has been divisive/unclear for pretty much everyone on any side of the debate.
That's incorrect though and overly charitable despite what they plainly are.

If I provide the police with recordings and images then withdraw my support or make a statement saying the content of the images or recording are not what it seems it becomes impossible to try, whether that is the truth of the matter or not.

On a more basic level you have to show provenance for evidence you are relying on in court. If the person who took the images or recording won't go to court to tell the court what they are/show they are likely inadmissable or at the least highly questionable in terms of authenticity, from a courts perspective. Meaning it would not have been at all simple or straight forward to secure a conviction without the victims participation, even though the images and recording as so plainly obvious in the nature of what they are.

I am speaking from first hand knowledge of courts in the UK, not from emotion.

This means the case was not likely to result in a conviction, it doesn't mean those things aren't viewed as evidence as you say, and it doesn't mean those things can't be considered by a layperson. They are clearly contemporaneous and genuine, they might not be the entire story and the 'extra' evidence might be compelling.

I think if it was we'd have it as it would play better for MG.

Reading into a case not going to court in any way, positively or negatively re guilt/innocent is an error.
These.

So many people talking about things they just don't know about and blaming all and sundry bar those responsible for this sad situation. And it won't stop now, we should have terminated his contract, continued help behind the scenes and let him move on properly so the club could. As it stands now, it's all just still in limbo including his family.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I hope they're taking some family with them, especially the girlfriend. We know what he's capable of if things don't go his way. Being alone with an abuser* in a foreign country, without knowing the language or having any friends/social safety net is the opposite of what victims* of abuse should experience.

*Alleged, of course...

Mainoldo

I hope they're taking some family with them, especially the girlfriend. We know what he's capable of if things don't go his way. Being alone with an abuser* in a foreign country, without knowing the language or having any friends/social safety net is the opposite of what victims* of abuse should experience.

*Alleged, of course...
You don’t know what happened. Stop making stupid claims like he’s some cereal killer. It’s not even funny no more. Just stupid.

Giggsy13

I wonder if he does well and we have a change in ownership re: Sheikh Jassim, would the club change course and bring him back? I wouldn’t discount that possibility.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I wonder if he does well and we have a change in ownership re: Sheikh Jassim, would the club change course and bring him back? I wouldn’t discount that possibility.
I think his return would be more plausible if the Glazers remain as owners as new ownership wouldn't want to begin their reign with a controversy hanging over them.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
You don’t know what happened. Stop making stupid claims like he’s some cereal killer. It’s not even funny no more. Just stupid.
I know she suffered abuse and I worry about her well being because of her circumstances in Spain. I'm not claiming it's going to happen, I'm just worried it might. I don't see how this is controversial.

bosskeano

I certainly hope Mason gets his life in order....he understands he fuked up and really just focuses on his family, child and football.

as a father with two girls, i would have had a difficult time not wanting to kill him if it was as bad as it appears. Would i have the same grace as it seems like the gf's mom and dad have? maybe not but i would also respect my daughters opinion and her wishes. If they as a family showed him grace and gave him an opportunity to make amends and be a good father/boyfriend then we can't judge any of them.

the kid is a world class talent but also a very spoiled rich young man who is obviously quite immature but does that really surprise anyone?

thisISben

I watched Getafe vs Barca a few weeks back.

They seem a mean, very physical team. Masters of the dark arts you can say. Led to Raphina using his elbow against one of their players and getting a red.

Im sure Greenwood will fit in just fine.

Idxomer

I watched Getafe vs Barca a few weeks back.

They seem a mean, very physical team. Masters of the dark arts you can say. Led to Raphina using his elbow against one of their players and getting a red.

Im sure Greenwood will fit in just fine.
His game doesn't have much to do with his personal life. He's always been pretty timid on the pitch, I don't think that's gonna change.

Bertie Wooster

Pretty much worse case scenario all round as far as I'm concerned.

We don't get to carry on selecting the player as other PL cubs have in very similar situations - and as we are with a current player.

We've offloaded him, yet still somehow getting worse PR than those teams stlll selecting those other players. And not only aren't we getting any money from the departure - we're still contributing to his wages so we're still paying him to play for someone else!

I was never expecting the tabloid / social media world to make it possible for us to bring him back into the squad, but I was at least hoping we'd either sell him for some money or release him and have his new club pay his wages.

Fridge chutney

I know she suffered abuse and I worry about her well being because of her circumstances in Spain. I'm not claiming it's going to happen, I'm just worried it might. I don't see how this is controversial.
Your concerns and post were completely reasonable. I would ignore any suggestion to the contrary.

Someone

Something
This is his only way back. A change in ownership will be followed by change in leadership as well, and we all know that ETH wanted him back anyway, so we could easily change our minds over this. I hope we don't.

All this depends on him having a great season, otherwise it'll be all over and United will terminate his contract.

marktan

Morality police.. people always have different morals when it comes to issues like this, that's the truth. Some people would have no issues with the Qataris owning United, but would with this, and vice vera etc.

At the end of the day the hard fact is that he's a potential £100m asset to United. If he does well it's good for the club financially. Morals are subjective as always.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
She's made a decision to stick with him and now they have a child.

Tbh this is no criticism of your post at all I just don't think it's for random football fans to involve themselves into. None of us know the full circumstances of their relationship.

On the face of it the best thing for her would be for him to carry on playing for United, but that's not how all the people supposedly defending her would have seen it, and unfortunately there's the bigger issue of it being in the public domain and the message it would send to other lads coming up to his age. Half of them already seem to think Andrew Tate is a role model.

sepulturite

Such a weird reply.... You would not be bothered if Mason was targeted by a la liga player and had his leg broken? Because you deem him guilty and therefore it would be him getting what he deserves?

Let the dude go about his business and rebuild his career without silly posts like yours and the other posters. No need to resort to those types of posts.
As apposed to the posters who continually defend a domestic abuser and want him to play for our club again? Those posts are way worse.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Doesn't sound like Greenwood had learnt there are consequences to his actions... surprise, surprise. His performances on the pitch shouldn't matter at all.

Not that I ever believed he wrote or even laid eyes on the statement his lawyers and representatives released on his behalf.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

Types like Crafton need a Fergie to keep them in order.

Fergie’d sort the cnut right out and make it crystal clear to him where he stood - i.e you’re a fecking nobody and if you meddle in my club you’ll come to regret it.

As he would’ve done with Greenwood as well.

pascell

Fergie’d sort the cnut right out and make it crystal clear to him where he stood - i.e you’re a fecking nobody and if you meddle in my club you’ll come to regret it.

Why? The likes of Crafton are highlighting how incompetent the higher ups at the club are at making the correct decisions.

Greenwood should have had no option but to move away from United, but yet our higher ups had the decision made for them by Crafton. Imagine that, a journalist forcing a football club the size of United to make the right decision. It is well and truly embarrassing.

Every credit to Crafton and those within the club that put their neck on the line to leak it to him.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder

Why… is Crafton a bad person? He’s done really well.

The fact Greenwood thinks this is vile.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Why… is Crafton a bad person? He’s done really well.

The fact Greenwood thinks this is vile.
Don’t kid yourself Wum, Crafton doesn’t give a flying feck about Greenwood’s partner, or ‘the right thing’ - he hasn’t, doesn’t and won’t give any other ‘moral issues’ in football anywhere near the same energy.

He cares about clicks and engagement and furthering his own name and career.

He’s a cnut. And Fergie would’ve put him right in line - as he would’ve with Greenwood.

Why? The likes of Crafton are highlighting how incompetent the higher ups at the club are at making the correct decisions.

Greenwood should have had no option but to move away from United, but yet our higher ups had the decision made for them by Crafton. Imagine that, a journalist forcing a football club the size of United to make the right decision. It is well and truly embarrassing.

Every credit to Crafton and those within the club that put their neck on the line to leak it to him.
I understand that you agree with what he’s pushed for, and I have no issue with that.

But you can’t have journalists and vacuous celebs like Riley running the club. It’s insane.

Even if you agree with the outcome, the way it occurred should concern every Utd fan massively.

These people are serving their own, selfish agendas, they are hypocrites and vultures.