Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

Red00012

Yes, the fake return is a good one.

Also, curious, do you have a response to the poster who took the time to analyse the quality of opposition he scored against, as well as type of goal? Or is anyone who questions Greenwood a hater?
I didn’t realise we now break down who players score against to justify their ability or lack of. Maybe break down some of our own attacking forwards contributions rather than a player who hadnt kicked a ball in more than 12 months

Andy_Cole

I don’t know how I feel on this to be honest. I think a big thing is he’s stayed with the girl and has a kid with her. So I believe she has forgiven him and I hope he’s good to her and the baby.

But who knows I guess? I’m surprised they’ve not done any PR themselves. A talk show or something that explains everything. Maybe because it went to the police they have to be careful.

I don’t think it’s worth having him back though. United need to draw a line with this and not look back. Hopefully we can get a fee.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I’d like to see him given a second chance. His girlfriend has and they have a child. We don’t know the workings of that relationship at all.

Fridge chutney

I didn’t realise we now break down who players score against to justify their ability or lack of. Maybe break down some of our own attacking forwards contributions rather than a player who hadnt kicked a ball in more than 12 months
Imagine not realising that football and player analysis happens on a football discussion forum.

Fridge chutney

I’d like to see him given a second chance. His girlfriend has and they have a child. We don’t know the workings of that relationship at all.
Yeah this is true. For everyone bleating about how his partner has allegedly forgiven him, we don't actually know that she is not still suffering abuse at his hands (allegedly). After all, he got away with it once already (allegedly).

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
When you read some of the opinions on here you realise exactly why domestic violence, including an epidemic of dead women, isn't being taken seriously and will continue to be tolerated.

Fridge chutney

Imagining picking and choosing a player how and where he scored when he hasn’t played in over 12 months.
You anchor your argument on fake statistics and ignore valid points that others have made about the nature of Greenwood's goals. Why is that?

Dve

Quality control
What a disgraceful and embarrassing way to downplay the horrific nature of what he allegedly did.

I haven't ever battered a woman and threatened rape.

Disgusting post, frankly.
If God is willing to forgive,
who are you,
the men,
that choose to kill.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Imagining picking and choosing a player how and where he scored when he hasn’t played in over 12 months.
Given that the context is people saying United need him and look at what he has done, then looking at the detail of what he has done seems reasonable.

Fallon d'Floor

When you read some of the opinions on here you realise exactly why domestic violence, including an epidemic of dead women, isn't being taken seriously and will continue to be tolerated.
One of the reasons why I would be happy to see the back of ten Hag outside of his shitty tactics and performances, in general is his apparent lack of respect towards women.

There was that weird on-field interview with a female reporter after winning The KNVB Cup as a player in 2001, his staunch defence of his good friend Marc Overmars who was forced to leave Ajax after harassing female staff, and then reports last year that he was willing to work with Greenwood despite everything that he is alleged to have done to his girlfriend.

Sir Erik ten Hag

Getafe have dropped plenty of points when he has been in the starting XI. Therefore I don't think he would've helped us much, especially with our injuries and absence of poor tactics and no proper striker.
In that game our team (particularly Bruno) created many chances. But our wing forwards wasted a lot. A clinical finisher would have changed that game.

Phil Jones Face

I'm not sure why you guys are wasting your time with Buster.

When the topic was first created, he came to his own conclusion without having watched the video/audio evidence. When confronted on his opinion and his logical fallacies, he still refused to watch the video/audio evidence. He still probably hasn't watched it to this day, but continues to minimise and infantilize Mason's actions.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
What he did was stupid.
But who hasn't done something stupid, especially at his age.

So many people are 'holier than thou'.
Most people didn't traumatize someone else when they did their stupid teenage stuffs. That's the difference.
You might get drunk, lost your wallet, speeding and get a ticket, skipped classes, lied to your parents, or even took drugs that you later regret. But those are nothing compared to abusing a human being. It's not holier than thou. It's common sense.

It's B Rubble

Quality control
I’ve been wanting to post in this thread for a while but didn’t want to be chastised for my opinion, until tonigh. Living in NYC, it’s difficult to get an opinion from someone cross the pond. This evening, I met an Irish United fan/bartender who sort of validated the opinion I had. We would take him back in a heartbeat.

We’ve spent 150+million ($£€) on right sided wingers who have been nothing short of dreadful. The United way of wingers skiing past defenders has only been executed by a teenage academy product and overlapping wingbacks has been lost since Shaw has been out (granted Dalot has it in his game but the pace isnt there). Greenwood’s ability to beat his man, pick a pass, hold up play and most importantly, finish, would be leagues ahead of anything the right side has produced this season. He was instrumental during Ole ball and was outstanding for Getafe, despite the long hiatus from the game.

This bartender had his own views on his personal situation and made some valid points that I probably shouldn’t share. We forgive NFL NBA and MLB players for ridiculous crimes as their teams don’t want to give up on their investment. Honestly he was a teenager in the modern world where social media and this sort of need to film and document even the dumbest shit has been the standard amongst his generation. He wasn’t convicted of any crime and for a lot of fans it felt more like a weird personal bedroom behavior issue. I feel he deserves a second chance to become a man, atone for his mistakes, and apologize to the fans. Hopefully becoming a father and getting older will help him down that path to reconciliation with the Manchester United family and if doesn’t work out here, I wish him all the best where he lands.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I’ve been wanting to post in this thread for a while but didn’t want to be chastised for my opinion, until tonigh. Living in NYC, it’s difficult to get an opinion from someone cross the pond. This evening, I met an Irish United fan/bartender who sort of validated the opinion I had. We would take him back in a heartbeat.

We’ve spent 150+million ($£€) on right sided wingers who have been nothing short of dreadful. The United way of wingers skiing past defenders has only been executed by a teenage academy product and overlapping wingbacks has been lost since Shaw has been out (granted Dalot has it in his game but the pace isnt there). Greenwood’s ability to beat his man, pick a pass, hold up play and most importantly, finish, would be leagues ahead of anything the right side has produced this season. He was instrumental during Ole ball and was outstanding for Getafe, despite the long hiatus from the game.

This bartender had his own views on his personal situation and made some valid points that I probably shouldn’t share. We forgive NFL NBA and MLB players for ridiculous crimes as their teams don’t want to give up on their investment. Honestly he was a teenager in the modern world where social media and this sort of need to film and document even the dumbest shit has been the standard amongst his generation. He wasn’t convicted of any crime and for a lot of fans it felt more like a weird personal bedroom behavior issue. I feel he deserves a second chance to become a man, atone for his mistakes, and apologize to the fans. Hopefully becoming a father and getting older will help him down that path to reconciliation with the Manchester United family and if doesn’t work out here, I wish him all the best where he lands.
Absolutely but his second chance won't be here and I don't want to pile on you but calling what happened with him and his girl "a weird personal bedroom issue" is wild and extremely insensitive.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015

O Boy!

Run Bubble Run.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Honestly he was a teenager in the modern world where social media and this sort of need to film and document even the dumbest shit has been the standard amongst his generation. He wasn’t convicted of any crime and for a lot of fans it felt more like a weird personal bedroom behavior issue. I feel he deserves a second chance to become a man, atone for his mistakes, and apologize to the fans. Hopefully becoming a father and getting older will help him down that path to reconciliation with the Manchester United family and if doesn’t work out here, I wish him all the best where he lands.
Oh we’re here again are we?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

im sorry that you met an Irish United fan whose shitty opinion validated your own.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

Oh boy.
Quite agree with you on this.
I said that at the time and made myself highly unpopular (like I care).
What he did was stupid.
But who hasn't done something stupid, especially at his age.

So many people are 'holier than thou'.
"Stupid" is not the word I'd use. Vile? Horrible? Disgusting? Sure, but not stupid. Stupid is what he did in Iceland.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
After all this time there are still weird blokes with the same tired mental gymnastics.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
He wasn’t convicted of any crime
Maybe you don't how UK law works as I know it is different in the States. But the reason Greenwood was not convicted was not because he was found to be innocent or because he produced evidence to show that he did not commit the crimes he was charged with. It was because his partner withdrew her testimony. Remember this is the partner that he broke his bail conditions by approaching and spending time with, when he was not meant to be anywhere near her. Without her evidence, the Crown prosecution service (which prosecutes all crimes in the UK) decided they didn't have a realistic chance of proving his guilt beyond all reasonable doubt and so they dropped the charges. That in no way presumes innocence.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
“Did something stupid”
“Weird bedroom behaviour”
“God forgives him”

you lads need to put your big boy pants on and recognize not deny what he has done. You’re in denial.

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
God forgives him [citation needed]