Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

padzilla

Hipster
I'll always repeat what I'd heard on the grapevine a while ago.

United had massive concerns about Greenwood going back to around 2020/2021.

On the pitch, he was doing well but there were clear issues off the pitch long before this story came out.
I heard that too. I was told that he had everything it took to be a star but his attitude off the pitch was a problem waiting to happen.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Can I just remind people that his girlfriend posted an image with blood all over her face saying this is what Mason Greenwood does to me?

I urge people to listen to that audio again. I don't know is that time has made people forget how vicious it was or because he's a valuable commodity at our club, you choose to forget it. Just think of someone like P Diddy, that's the level of man he is.
you’re wasting your time. these people decided football over domestic violence and rape a long time ago. they’re like the idiots that will still vote conservative in july, despite all the evidence to the contrary that shows their current iteration isn’t fit to lead. they’re just sticking their fingers in their ears to anything that doesn’t suit their view and assuming everyone else is wrong.

there’s no road for him back at united. this isn’t something that goes away. he’s simply not good enough to bring back with all the baggage he comes with. as a footballer, he was a very promising youngster with attitude issues. nothing more. as a human being, he’s a shitstain. his story isn’t unique. i guarantee the most talented footballer of every generation never makes it. distractions are easy. surrounding yourself with the wrong people is easy. having the dedication to make it to the top is anything but easy.

you can argue nature verses nurture, you can argue his upbringing or his circumstances, but at the end of it, his skill with a ball gave him a chance to break out of any box he was born in. he literally fecked that. like many before him. like many after him. those who spend hours in here defending him would be better off looking at helping the next greenwood not make the same mistakes, rather than trying to absolve greenwood of his. greenwood’s fate should be something that sends a message to others. he should be used as a ghost story for the likes of mainoo and the next generation coming through.

he has no one to blame but himself, and from what i can see, he’s not man enough to even take that first step in holding his hands up to it all. a grovelling apology, agreeing to counselling, agreeing to be a figurehead to support other youngsters not make the same mistakes, to highlight domestic abuse, even if it came with a stint inside. literally anything to show he’d like to repay his debt and be a better person, would have gone a long way to changing opinions of him. he’s not able to do that though as he’s weak and spineless. he’d get eaten alive back in the premier league. yet some can’t see that. he doesn’t deserve a second chance because nothing he has done shows he is due one.

we’re not even in the worst greenwood timeline. when he’s finally moved on for good, there will be a ****-like thread, following his every move, using every goal he scores to criticise the club further. greenwood is simply a stain on this forum and this would be a better place if his existence was simply ignored.

Reactions: moses

Litch

Fans are not employees. There's loads of horrendous cnuts that support us but not much we can do about that aside from banning them from Old Trafford. And they do get banned by the way.
Yep but this isnt about employment rights, its about morals and integrity. If it was about employment rights, hes not been convicted so the club doesnt have a leg to stand on to sack him.

They get banned not cause they commit a crime, its the nature of the crime often within the context of football.

If people dont want him here cause they believe he done it, thats their choice. I dont want him here cause I dont want the drama that comes with him now. Tbh, I think there has always been a question mark over his maturity...

Litch

you’re wasting your time. these people decided football over domestic violence and rape a long time ago. they’re like the idiots that will still vote conservative in july, despite all the evidence to the contrary that shows their current iteration isn’t fit to lead. they’re just sticking their fingers in their ears to anything that doesn’t suit their view and assuming everyone else is wrong.

there’s no road for him back at united. this isn’t something that goes away. he’s simply not good enough to bring back with all the baggage he comes with. as a footballer, he was a very promising youngster with attitude issues. nothing more. as a human being, he’s a shitstain. his story isn’t unique. i guarantee the most talented footballer of every generation never makes it. distractions are easy. surrounding yourself with the wrong people is easy. having the dedication to make it to the top is anything but easy.

you can argue nature verses nurture, you can argue his upbringing or his circumstances, but at the end of it, his skill with a ball gave him a chance to break out of any box he was born in. he literally fecked that. like many before him. like many after him. those who spend hours in here defending him would be better off looking at helping the next greenwood not make the same mistakes, rather than trying to absolve greenwood of his. greenwood’s fate should be something that sends a message to others. he should be used as a ghost story for the likes of mainoo and the next generation coming through.

he has no one to blame but himself, and from what i can see, he’s not man enough to even take that first step in holding his hands up to it all. a grovelling apology, agreeing to counselling, agreeing to be a figurehead to support other youngsters not make the same mistakes, to highlight domestic abuse, even if it came with a stint inside. literally anything to show he’d like to repay his debt and be a better person, would have gone a long way to changing opinions of him. he’s not able to do that though as he’s weak and spineless. he’d get eaten alive back in the premier league. yet some can’t see that. he doesn’t deserve a second chance because nothing he has done shows he is due one.

we’re not even in the worst greenwood timeline. when he’s finally moved on for good, there will be a ****-like thread, following his every move, using every goal he scores to criticise the club further. greenwood is simply a stain on this forum and this would be a better place if his existence was simply ignored.
Good point about him being used as an example for younger players.

Litch

I think you know what I mean. If i batter my wife it’s “Joe bloggs from x has been arrested for battery” if a footballer does it, “Joe bloggs, Manchester United and England footballer has been arrested”

Not a good look
Agree. Utd are probably the only club that can be on the front and the back of a newspapers, on the same day.

cafecillos

Rashford and Garnacho, and indeed most of Utd’s forward line, famously went for loads and loads of matches without any goals or assists at the beginning of the season, I’m sure you remember. I’m not sure of the value of comparing greenwood against a non-functioning front line in a team that had their lowest finish for 30 years. Greenwood’s numbers are nowhere near good enough. Rashford numbers are nowhere near good enough either. Compare Greenwood to someone at the level Utd are aiming to be.
Nah, I'm sure United is scouring the market for other 6 goals a season forwards, as it's better than some of what they have.

Alemar

Compare Greenwood to someone at the level Utd are aiming to be.
I think it’s more logical to compare his number to those players we already have.

There is no question he performed much better than Antony, for example, also better than Sancho (6 G/A in 23 games, 250 minutes per G/A), and better than Rashford. So on performance basis, aforementioned 3 are less needed (and are paid more too).

Robbie Boy

Can't wait to see the back of him. However, all future threads about him on here will be insufferable, and immediately going on ignore.

cafecillos

I think it’s more logical to compare his number to those players we already have.

There is no question he performed much better than Antony, for example, also better than Sancho (6 G/A in 23 games, 250 minutes per G/A), and better than Rashford. So on performance basis, aforementioned 3 are less needed (and are paid more too).
So, you're comparing Greenwood's stats to players' who've had horrendous seasons and have no ugly and very plausible DV histories and conclude he should be at United. Right.

Alemar

So, you're comparing Greenwood's stats to players' who've had horrendous seasons and have no ugly and very plausible DV histories and conclude he should be at United. Right.
We need to be realistic: there won’t be 10 new players purchased this transfer window. And we know the priority areas (defense, midfield, striker). So we’d rather keep some of the wingers we already have, selling surplus wingers, and use monies to buy defenders and midfielders.

Yakuza_devils

I think a decision has been made for his future and he is well aware of that. He has clearly said his farewell to Getafe fans. He knows he is not going back there next season. He already has something planned.

And based on reports or "leaks", he is likely off to either Dortmund, Napoli or Juventus. Our club has also accidentally (or intentionally leaked) informed Getafe President that we have no intention to bring him back.

Hope to get approximately 30M-40M for him and reinvest back into the squad.

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Can't wait to see the back of him. However, all future threads about him on here will be insufferable, and immediately going on ignore.
They won’t be in the United forum anymore and once he leaves United he’s done here so we can forget the nasty little toerag

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
We need to be realistic: there won’t be 10 new players purchased this transfer window. And we know the priority areas (defense, midfield, striker). So we’d rather keep some of the wingers we already have, selling surplus wingers, and use monies to buy defenders and midfielders.
No he won’t be back here

Red_Aaron

You can see dortmund sniffing around because he's the perfect type for them to build up and sell on for huge profit. The problem with that is I doubt anyone in England will ever touch him regardless of what he achieves and that's generally where all the big transfer money comes from

Still think we'll do well to get 20m and even that will be heavily caveated. We've zero leverage in this negotiation. Hopefully it happens quickly, would rather it didn't over shadow the summer

Bwuk

This will all be resolved by early July.

Our first friendly I think is 15th July. I'm not sure when the squad report back to training but it'll at least be 2 weeks surely.

If Greenwood comes back and is in training with the squad, I would imagine he'll be playing for us next season.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich

I’m not in the least convinced you believe that. Wait until you see the list of players available on free transfers this summer who have records similar to Greenwood. Bet you won’t mention them as they won’t be good enough.

Alemar

I’m not in the least convinced you believe that. Wait until you see the list of players available on free transfers this summer who have records similar to Greenwood. Bet you won’t mention them as they won’t be good enough.
And what and how should it change?

As it stands, we only have 1 (one) winger who delivered decent performance and should be kept on merit (Garnacho) - all the others played either too few minutes to be judged (Amad, should be judged next year) or clearly didn’t demostrate enough (Rashford, Antony, Sancho, Pellistri).

And then you also have Greenwood who did better than the last 4, although not as good as Garnacho.

Giggsy13

You would think the rise of Mainoo, Garnacho and Hojlund along with the success of our U-18s would make people forget about Greenwood. Thankfully this distraction will be sold and we could move on.

Nogbadthebad

Greenwood will never play for an english team again.

Even putting aside the morality of it, the simple fact is he would never be able to settle beacuse of the sbuse he would get from crowds everywhere.

He';sno Beckham. Few can handle it, let alone handle it and still play their best.

A man with his temperament simply couldn't play here even if we wanted him and he wanted to.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
And what and how should it change?

As it stands, we only have 1 (one) winger who delivered decent performance and should be kept on merit (Garnacho) - all the others played either too few minutes to be judged (Amad, should be judged next year) or clearly didn’t demostrate enough (Rashford, Antony, Sancho, Pellistri).

And then you also have Greenwood who did better than the last 4, although not as good as Garnacho.
Ah crap, I've just had a look at your previous contributions on this topic, suggesting at Christmas he should be brought back early from his loan, and in the summer that he should go on the club's preseason tour. Let's just scratch this discussion, you have elected to see nothing wrong, and I can't be dealing with this wilful ignorance. Luckily I think there is no route back for him in English football, both from the club's perspective, and from Greenwood himself.

lex talionis

The man would do himself a huge favor by publicly stating his regrets over his own actions. It can be general so as to keep his lawyers happy, but for the sake of decency he should admit his failings as a human being.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
The man would do himself a huge favor by publicly stating his regrets over his own actions. It can be general so as to keep his lawyers happy, but for the sake of decency he should admit his failings as a human being.
I wonder if he's being advised not to or something, it's the first step for any public figure aiming for some kind of rehabilitation.

askMeNice

Great player with vision and brain, using both legs, heading the ball, tactical decent, really hope he finds his spot in this team cause he would be without any questions our top 3 player in roster. The sad thing is probably a lot of fans at least on this forum would suffer few heart attacks mostly because of the hate towards him.

Giggsy13

This was completely mishandled from the start both by the club and Greenwood. Silence and inaction by the club only worsened things and making a public apology now is really of no real consequence.

Bwuk

Maybe been advised by his lawyers not too? I don't know the legal ins and outs of how it all works but the fact that prosecutors dropped the case would make me question why he would come out and put a statement out apologising for it? Just feels like he'd be reopening the can of worms.

lex talionis

Maybe been advised by his lawyers not too? I don't know the legal ins and outs of how it all works but the fact that prosecutors dropped the case would make me question why he would come out and put a statement out apologising for it? Just feels like he'd be reopening the can of worms.
One can publicly apologize for acts that are not criminal. A few months ago Rashford went on a drinking holiday in Belfast when he was expected in training in Manchester, which is in no way a criminal violation, and he apologized.

lex talionis

This was completely mishandled from the start both by the club and Greenwood. Silence and inaction by the club only worsened things and making a public apology now is really of no real consequence.
I disagree. If the decision has been made to sell him, there’s no point in an apology. But if there is even the slightest possibility of him coming back, he would do well to apologize publicly for letting everyone close to him down.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
One can publicly apologize for acts that are not criminal. A few months ago Rashford went on a drinking holiday in Belfast when he was expected in training in Manchester, which is in no way a criminal violation, and he apologized.
Even if they were, he could still ambiguously apologize for what happened without alluding to any specifics, which is what i suspect may happen if the club decide to bring him back.

askMeNice

I disagree. If the decision has been made to sell him, there’s no point in an apology. But if there is even the slightest possibility of him coming back, he would do well to apologize publicly for letting everyone close to him down.
Why would we sell him? He was really good that year, year before, from where does it come from selling one of our best player?
The club should be blamed, he was a kid, kiddo, giving him so much money and just leave him to flow with the river, it's sad, disaster of a move from the club, they should take lot of ambaress too, they should follow every step and be behind our kids. It's the duty of the club, and if he doesn't follow the rules then take step 2, step 3 or get a plan, we had nothing, we left the kid deal with that. No matter how much this fanbas on the forum want to "hang him" we should be cautious about it because a lot of you folks perhaps would do exactly the same with so much money,fame and everything that goes with it, so no, I won't blame him so much as everyone here, first the club should be ashamed then the kid, we judge too quickly, imagine what's he going through as a young man. To be clear I don't want to justify any of his actions but I will surely blame the club because of their actions. And one of the crazy things is how quickly lot of you lads jumped on his back and still we got full mouth of Mainoo, Garnacho telling how we like them. Yeah, double face fanbase.

OverratedOpinion

Why would we sell him? He was really good that year, year before, from where does it come from selling one of our best player?
The club should be blamed, he was a kid, kiddo, giving him so much money and just leave him to flow with the river, it's sad, disaster of a move from the club, they should take lot of ambaress too, they should follow every step and be behind our kids. It's the duty of the club, and if he doesn't follow the rules then take step 2, step 3 or get a plan, we had nothing, we left the kid deal with that. No matter how much this fanbas on the forum want to "hang him" we should be cautious about it because a lot of you folks perhaps would do exactly the same with so much money,fame and everything that goes with it, so no, I won't blame him so much as everyone here, first the club should be ashamed then the kid, we judge too quickly, imagine what's he going through as a young man. To be clear I don't want to justify any of his actions but I will surely blame the club because of their actions. And one of the crazy things is how quickly lot of you lads jumped on his back and still we got full mouth of Mainoo, Garnacho telling how we like them. Yeah, double face fanbase.
Spends about 3 paragraphs justifying his actions.

"I don't want to justify any of his actions"

It's so sweet how much the Greenwood in folks really care about disavowing domestic abuse. Truly inspiring to see.

OverratedOpinion

If he returns the club need to issue a public apology to anyone who has experienced intimate partner violence for choosing to place commercial interests over making a clear statement that it is socially unacceptable.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
No matter how much this fanbas on the forum want to "hang him" we should be cautious about it because a lot of you folks perhaps would do exactly the same with so much money,fame and everything that goes with it, so no, I won't blame him so much as everyone here, first the club
totally agree. i remember once winning £50 on a scratcher at the local shop and before i knew what i was doing i had my hand up the shirt of the cashier. he was not impressed.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
To be clear I don't want to justify any of his actions but I will surely blame the club because of their actions.
What do you think the club should have done (generally or specifically, I'll leave that up to you, either will do)? What actions are you referring to?

And one of the crazy things is how quickly lot of you lads jumped on his back and still we got full mouth of Mainoo, Garnacho telling how we like them.
What have they done wrong (that we know about)?

Look, kid (I hope you're a kid) - I'll be honest with you: your post is utter drivel. Do some thinking before posting.

(And don't post if you're drunk or high. That's never a good idea. Unless you're me. But you're not. I think.)

marktan

Should've just brought him back last summer, all the furore would've died down by November.