Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

Ricardo de la Vega

We all heard the tape and saw the pics. I dont care what cock and bull story that he and his girlfriend made up after the fact to help clear his name. He did what he was accused of and had she not dropped the charges, i'm sure he would have been found guilty. We all heard him forcing himself on her when she told him to stop. We all saw the pictures.....

Of course, it is her prerogative to stick with him regardless of what he did to her, but you have to wonder, if the money, fame, lifestyle and pressure from family was not there, would she have continued with the charges?

The club have botched the process, but they have come to the right conclusion in the end.
How do you know she's telling the truth and nothing but the truth there considering she was never cross examined under oath?

RedRoach

At the end of the day, if he didnt do what was accused like they claim, and it was all some sort of misunderstanding, it could have all been cleared up very quickly with a short statement from the girl. But she didnt. Not a peep.
If she had done that the hate she would receive from the same Twitter mob would have made her life unbearable. She would have been caught doing a disservice to all woman, if she was indeed lying about what happened and would not be able to life a normal life again given how social harassment works nowadays.

Given the evidence available and that no more evidence to the contrary is going to be placed in the public domain this is the correct decision from the club.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
But why not a second chance at the club he’s been at since he’s 7?
It’s better for his family (and him) this way. It really is. Hopefully they stay in the U.K. where they’re surrounded by family and support.

Good luck to him, I hope he goes on to be a great dad and partner and gets his career back on track and doesn’t waste his immense talent.

One thing’s for certain, he’ll be absolutely driven to prove Utd wrong for releasing him! Hopefully he channels that into becoming a success in every way - on and off the pitch.

redIndianDevil

It’s a sorry state of affairs that a young man made a mistake and Manchester United cannot rehabilitate him. Truth be told Masons biggest issue is the public nature of that night, in that we’ve all heard it. United have had players and former captains arrested for drink driving, for punching a woman in a pub and for alleged exposure and attempted rape on a club tour. Other players at other clubs have killed people and come back to play.

Yes the audio was terrible but it’s only the most public situation of its nature in football, not the worst.
yeah none of those victims released video and audio footage.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
That is very shitty composed statement. "He is not guilty but it is better that he leaves the club".

To be clear; good decision but not so good statement by the club.
If they knew he’s innocent and they still get rid of him it might be even worse than keeping him knowing he’s guilty. How is this even supposed to be a valid reason? It’s absurd.
I really feel for United fans here. Even when the club makes a right decision, they completely feck it up.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
It could simply mean that there was no chance of conviction because key witness withdrew and that they convinced her to say it was some RP sex gone wrong if she was "forced" to testify. If your main witness says that, wether it's true or not, your case is dead. Pointless to go further. Plus key witness pretty much means her and/or her family. So there is nothing to rely on.
the point is we don''t know what it is - and the CPS do. It could simply mean something or it could be far more complex. There have been cases were "victims" have had certain things on their phones which brings their account of details into question. Not saying this is the case, but it was clearly something or the CPS wouldn't have mentioned it

RedOrange

Regardless of the case this is a scarry bit. So United belive he is innocent but want him out becasue of branding issues?
Maybe we have some lawyers here who could correct me if I'm wrong, but they might be trying to avoid opening themselves up to a libel/slander suit.

gaffs

This decision is wrong on so many levels.
A young kid, that grew up watching a handful of incompetent managers spunk money at average players like Pogba, Bastian, Lingard and co, has been brought up in that environment and I can bet my house nobody ever has spoken to him about values and important things in life. He goes on and makes a mistake. His wife then forgives him, goes to have a kid with him, but the internet gang, and the innocent nuns of twitter don't give it a break, do they? They have to single him out, and forgiveness or remorse are not things they could ever talk about, could they?

Well fecking done internet justice league. You achieved it. You must be fecking proud with yourselves. I wish you go to hell.
I can not support a club that has such fans. I hope you all go to hell.
Hilarious. You going to delete your Caf account then?

You can go support Besiktas when your man turns up there.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
No but it is possible for that to be taken out of context and be part of a much longer argument/conversation: the point is we don't know and I'm loathe to find someone guilty and hearsay and one tiny bit of evidence.
Go on then, take a guess as to why there are pictures of her bleeding and with bruises and audio of him threatening to rape her and what could actually make sense as to how that happened and why she posted it?

See if you can come up with a theory that doesn't look incredibly awful on either or both of them. Try it, even if you don't post it here.

spiriticon

God, no evidence does not mean the guy is innocent, jesus wept. He is not guilty and not innocent at the same time, because nobody can prove it either way.

At the end of the day, it comes down to what the public believe happened and sadly for him, more people think he's guilty.

Hughie77

You are no true United fan if you cheer a player scoring against the club.
I fecking will if Greenwood comes back and slams the ball in, I hope that shit bag Arnold is in his fecking seat to see it.. hurry up Arabs buy the club and kick the shit board room members out ..

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Your posts clearly point to you thinking its the wrong decision to release him, I have garnered that from what you have said.
IF the club really believes he is innocent as they have said, then 100% I believe a decision to release him is wrong.
Reason being they have a duty of care to their employee and they should be supporting him against this storm, again that is IF they REALLY believe what they said

If you read my posts I have been mainly challenging the assumption by many that he is clearly guilty as hell when 2 different sources have painted a picture that does not suggest this.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
It means this. The last sentence was missed off:

Although we have decided that Mason will seek to rebuild his career away from Manchester United, that does not signal the end of this matter. The club will continue to offer its support both to the alleged victim and Mason to help them rebuild and move forward positively with their lives.
Thanks for the clarification

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
New material, not new evidence.
sorry but know you're quibbling about semantics. Material could, for instance be something she had on her phone of said to somebody. we have no idea. only the CPS do

Judas

Open to offers
It’s a sorry state of affairs that a young man made a mistake and Manchester United cannot rehabilitate him. Truth be told Masons biggest issue is the public nature of that night, in that we’ve all heard it. United have had players and former captains arrested for drink driving, for punching a woman in a pub and for alleged exposure and attempted rape on a club tour. Other players at other clubs have killed people and come back to play.

Yes the audio was terrible but it’s only the most public situation of its nature in football, not the worst.
You make it sound like he went through a red light once. It wasn’t some one off incident.

Balagan

I think a one year loan swap for Mbappe with PSG (they have an option to buy) would be the obvious solution here.

chocolate cloud

will Depay post his picture on instagram with an inflammatory caption liked by several footballers and ex-footballers?

that went without mention in the media oddly.

Born2Lose

So it took the club 1.6 years to reach a decision and write 2 paragraphs about it. Wow, I'm sure a thorough inquiry has been completed by our masterminds.
An extended 1-2 years loan would have made more sense, time will tell how good will he become, as a footballer, nobody can predict that now.
Come off it, club couldn't have done anything until the CPS case was thrown out.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
If Wumminator was juror 8 in the "12 angry men", it would've been a 5min short with a quick death sentence.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Go on then, take a guess as to why there are pictures of her bleeding and with bruises and audio of him threatening to rape her and what could actually make sense as to how that happened and why she posted it?

See if you can come up with a theory that doesn't look incredibly awful on either or both of them. Try it, even if you don't post it here.
As I said, I haven't seen anything like al the evidence, so I can't and won't. and neither have you. I can tell you, however, that the CPS don't drop charges for fun

VanGaalyTime

If she had done that the hate she would receive from the same Twitter mob would have made her life unbearable. She would have been caught doing a disservice to all woman, if she was indeed lying about what happened and would not be able to life a normal life again given how social harassment works nowadays.

Given the evidence available and that no more evidence to the contrary is going to be placed in the public domain this is the correct decision from the club.
Right. But right now, Mason will go through that.

IRONTUSK

By all indications they were going to re-integrate him, but it seems that due to media backlash they changed their mind.

I would be wary of claiming the club have handled it well and give them too much praise.

They have basically said he is innocent in the statement and they believe him to be, yet he is being released.

What a mess - such a talent

Hoof the ball

I'm curious about what this entails

Based on the evidence available to us, we have concluded that the material posted online did not provide a full picture
We all heard what was originally online, so, what possibly could have recontextualised that into a more complete picture?

Last edited:

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
IF the club really believes he is innocent as they have said, then 100% I believe a decision to release him is wrong.

If you read my posts I have been mainly challenging the assumption by many that he is clearly guilty as hell when 2 different sources have painted a picture that does not suggest this.
But they don't though, both Greenwood and United have said he HAS done something wrong. And there's no explanation, or likely ever to be (at least until Greenwood blabs or they split) for that evidence we've all seen and heard.

Robertd0803

What an absolute shit show from start to finish.

Its done. Time to move on now.

Giggsy13

It’s better for his family (and him) this way. It really is. Hopefully they stay in the U.K. where they’re surrounded by family and support.

Good luck to him, I hope he goes on to be a great dad and partner and gets his career back on track and doesn’t waste his immense talent.

One thing’s for certain, he’ll be absolutely driven to prove Utd wrong for releasing him! Hopefully he channels that into becoming a success in every way - on and off the pitch.
How dare you wish him well. There is no room for second chances in our society!