Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

bosskeano

If we don't resolve our striker situation while the global fan base watch him knock in goals against the likes of Real and Barca then the pressure will be on.
i think there is a very good possibility that if he gets his life together, shows that he's matured and shows that he is remorseful then yes there is a strong possibility he plays for Utd again

OverratedOpinion

Hopefully that is it and whether we sell him or whatever next summer it happens quickly and we just don't have to hear much about him again. I just hope that if he goes on and does well there we won't have to listen to certain parts of our fan base droning on about wishing he was here, sure it'll happen though.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I hope more than anything that he (along with his family ) grows as a human being. His actions or alleged actions were horrific but there’s always room to learn from the past and correct their one’s ways (I think?). If he turns over a new leaf as a person then obviously I’d be fine with him doing well there or even coming back for this club. But that’s a huge if.

ExoduS

Darn it. There was some rumors he could come to Red Star Belgrade. Was hoping he could score a hat trick against Shitty in UCL.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Wonder what would happen if he had a good season in La Liga, let's say scoring 20-30 goals over there?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Being loaned out is tough. Go ask other players we have loaned out before. They barely played and those who played a decent amount of games didnt exactly shine either outside of Amad. Not to mention he hasnt played for 2 years, new to the country and still young. So lets not think about him returning to United to play again.... its still far away.

NotThatSoph

So essentially wishing him… death.
The way you will lie and twist things to fit your narrative and turn it into a rambling speech is consistently absurd. No reasonable person, not even an unreasonable person, can read that as wishing death on someone.

izec

Getafe fans cheering signing of MG.

They got a potentially world class player in there. Dont think they care that much about what happened, at least most male fans. They would just say that nothing came out of it and he is a free man.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Why did you call the head of the Spanish FA a complete Cnut the other day when we have no idea what he did and now it’s happened there’s no point wishing anything bad to him.
Firstly, I’m not wishing for anything bad to happen to the head of the Spanish F.A. and I don’t think he’s beyond redemption.

Secondly, We do know exactly what the head of the Spanish FA did - as the entire act is on video. We’re not judging it based on a snippet of what happened while knowing full well that there’s 10 minutes of footage that we’ve not seen.

Also, I think Greenwood has been a complete cnut. I just don’t think he’s guilty of the incredibly serious crimes that he was initially charged with and I respect the views of professionals on the matter over guys who spend the majority of their time waltzing around on internet football forums under the moniker ‘Wumminator’.

For me Getafe should be ashamed of themselves. After releasing a statement criticising the head of the Spanish FA as well. Hope they get relegated.
Getafe have every right to be critical of Rubiales and then give Greenwood a loan - the two things are not mutually exclusive. They are very different cases and are separate issues entirely and only someone who views all women as ‘one being’ could think otherwise.

The way you will lie and twist things to fit your narrative and turn it into a rambling speech is consistently absurd. No reasonable person, not even an unreasonable person, can read that as wishing death on someone.
I think you’re confusing someone holding a different opinion to yourself and expressing it freely with ‘lying’, when they’re actually very different things. If you’re incapable of grasping that, it’s probably more indicative of your own inability to understand that different viewpoints are equally possible and equally valid than it is anything else.

Telling someone that you ‘wish for their family to have a life without them’, could very easily be viewed as wishing they were dead - as myself and other posters also took it to mean.

I’ve already stated to @Shark that if this isn’t what he meant, fair enough, so not sure why you’re getting your knickers in a twist about it.

Last edited:

NotThatSoph

I think you’re confusing someone holding a different opinion to yourself and expressing it freely with ‘lying’, when they’re actually very different things. If you’re incapable of grasping that, it’s probably more indicative of your own inability to understand that different viewpoints are equally possible and equally valid than it is anything else.

Telling someone that you ‘wish for their family to have a life without them’, could very easily be viewed as wishing they were dead - as myself and other posters also took it to mean.

I’ve already stated to @Shark that if this isn’t what he meant, fair enough, so not sure why you’re getting emotional about it.
No, it could not. I hope United won't be a part of Greenwood's football career. I'm awaiting you accusing me of wanting United to cease to exist.

JediSith

Wonder what would happen if he had a good season in La Liga, let's say scoring 20-30 goals over there?
10 plus goals at a team like Getafe and a striker will have had a very good season.

If that happens most likely we end up selling him to a team like Milan, Atletico, Dortmund for more.

bdecuc

Glad he's eventally got somewhere where he can resume his career. Hope it works out for him. No doubt he'll still be hounded by some but at least he'll be a bit removed from England now. I think it'll be a long tough journey for him to ever get back to the kind of travectory his career should taken but given his talet you never know.

Red Rash

I think he could be in for a bit of a rough time in Spain to be honest.

With all the stuff happening about the Spanish Woman's manager there has been a lot of backlash about any kind of sexual attacks towards women and I wouldn't be surprised if opposition fans give him a very hard time.

As can be seen in the past with the Atletico fans with Vini Jr, there is a small portion of Spanish fans that can be quite extreme.

I'm not saying Greenwood doesn't deserve whatever reaction he gets, only that there could have been smarter destinations to move to.

kps88

Getafe fans cheering signing of MG.

This is part of an official video put out by the club to announce the transfer. Showing a bunch of young men celebrating is very bizarre considering the context of the move. Almost feels like their strategy is to go all in and "troll" the backlash. The sponsor names showing up at the end of the video is the icing on the cake.

bringbackbebe

Nobody is wishing the worst on his wife or child, that's an absolutely ridiculous conclusion. Many including myself would wish they would have a life without him because of the vile public evidence and his lack of remorse in the statements. The irony in defending his actions is the fact he should be in prison.
I'd really appreciate if you can contemplate that statement once more.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Firstly, I’m not wishing for anything bad to happen to the head of the Spanish F.A. and I don’t think he’s beyond redemption.

Secondly, We do know exactly what the head of the Spanish FA did - as the entire act is on video. We’re not judging it based on a snippet of what happened while knowing full well that there’s 10 minutes of footage that we’ve not seen.

Also, I think Greenwood has been a complete cnut. I just don’t think he’s guilty of the incredibly serious crimes that he was initially charged with and I respect the views of professionals on the matter over guys who spend the majority of their time waltzing around on internet football forums under the moniker ‘Wumminator’.

Getafe have every right to be critical of Rubiales and then give Greenwood a loan - the two things are not mutually exclusive. They are very different cases and are separate issues entirely and only someone who views all women as ‘one being’ could think otherwise.

I’ve already stated to @Shark that if this isn’t what he meant, fair enough, so not sure why you’re getting your knickers in a twist about it.
You have no idea what he did. He’s claiming it’s consensual. She isn’t. There’s even a chance they’re in a relationship and this is all some bizarre role play that they enjoy. To say you have all the facts from that case despite seeing video proof is completely stupid and I hope you never judge him.

Thiagoal

Being loaned out is tough. Go ask other players we have loaned out before. They barely played and those who played a decent amount of games didnt exactly shine either outside of Amad. Not to mention he hasnt played for 2 years, new to the country and still young. So lets not think about him returning to United to play again.... its still far away.
To be fair Greenwood is an elite world talent. It’s not like loaning bloody Hugill to some random league one club. If he gets fit, then of course he will do well- he’s world class

sillwuka

I feel slightly sick talking him about him but I feel relieved that's he's gone.

Hope that he performs and someone buys him next year, preferably a foreign club so we don't have to hear about him again.

Oluwaplumpie

I don't understand wishing him poorly. What good does that do for anybody? Can anybody identify a single advantage to it? What would be the outcome if every single person maintained that mindset. It's easy to throw out words with little thought behind them and what the consequences for that are and whether it offers anything constructive to the world at all.

It doesn't do him any good, but more importantly it won't do his partner any good, family any good, nor is it a good sign for a community of people when somebody cannot be given a chance to earn forgiveness over a period of time. Even being willing to leave the door to forgiveness slightly ajar is important if we don't want to say it in categorical terms due to the nature of the charges, then it can just be left unsaid, neither wishing him to redeem himself in some way nor wishing him ill. Then it's just left as is and in the fullness of time he will be able to show us something. Either falling again or lifting himself up.

Really juvenile and shallow thinking in my opinion. The best case scenario is he completely rebuilds and can repair the relationships around him that will have left a lot of scars over many people.
I want to buy you as many drinks as you want.

RVN1991

I wonder if the "men" in here behind him will keep the same energy if the 100m pound star boy stinks up the place at Getafe next season.

Thiagoal

I wonder if the "men" in here behind him will keep the same energy if the 100m pound star boy stinks up the place at Getafe next season.
Seems like you could do with more compassion and forgiveness in your life! If his girlfriend can show it I’m not sure why our fan base can’t let go of the hatred and toxic energy.

arnoldS

Good move. I guess if he can find his form again and get his shit together he can rejoin us in a year under the ownership. Nobody will care in a year anyway.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
This is a quote from the BBC article

"Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood will leave the club by mutual agreement after a six-month internal investigation into his conduct. "

"Will leave" implies that it's going to happen and that it's already been sorted, no? Or was this more of a "this is our plan" type of thing? The wording of the BBC article implies its a done agreement.
He’s just left the club by mutual agreement. To go on loan to a club in Spain.

Davicho

Everyone deserves a second chance. We are no one to crucify anyone. I hope he does well and can restart his career and his life.

saivet

Good move. I guess if he can find his form again and get his shit together he can rejoin us in a year under the ownership. Nobody will care in a year anyway.
Extremely naive to think so.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Didn’t the club say he’ll never play for us again?

arnoldS

Speak for yourself. Many will still care.
Well obviously a few will care. But like anything in the modern world the initial shitstorm lasls a few weeks max. You can see this with almost any topic.

Rammstein for example. The first few weeks after the allegations everybody and everything had a opinon and news articles came out almost every hour. now, a few weeks more nobody cares anymore and it's almost it never happened. This will be no different.

Didn’t the club say he’ll never play for us again?
Yes. But under a new ownership I doubt they care what the current one said.

Zoo

La Liga is a difficult league. Martial thought he’d be on easy street there at Sevilla and couldn’t hack it at all. An easier league with less scrutiny like Turkey would have probably been the better next step for his career.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Well obviously a few will care. But like anything in the modern world the initial shitstorm lasls a few weeks max. You can see this with almost any topic.

Rammstein for example. The first few weeks after the allegations everybody and everything had a opinon and news articles came out almost every hour. now, a few weeks more nobody cares anymore and it's almost it never happened. This will be no different.
Nonsense. Most, if not all, decent United fans will remember.

It's also a lot easier to drift out of the public conscious when you're in the music industry, especially when you're not exactly mainstream.

Biggins

It’s in the club’s interest for MG to have a great season with Getafe. With all the FFP issues, if MG performs very well, the club can get good fee for him and reinvest. Hopefully this will be the case.

It's spot on but at the same time it's beneath us. The lad is an absolute cnut as far as I'm concerned, but I hope he can learn from his cnutish (and completely immoral) behaviour away from United and do good by his missus and child.
I’m absolutely baffled as to how this isn’t everyone’s view on the matter.
She’s decided (for now) to stay with him, they have a baby together and are moving overseas. Surely the only thing you can do is to wish that he can do good by them.

fergosaurus

It's great that he's gone for now, but it's going to be insufferable listening to people attempt to justify a way back for him at United every time he does something half decent. The sooner we permanently cut ties the better.