Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

Blood Mage

I just wish he hadn't been such an idiot. Greenwood is a player that Ten Hag really could have done with from the start, would probably have stopped us spunking 85 million on Antony too.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
FT: Real Sociedad 4 - Getafe 3

An entertaining finish with after a late Getafe goal to get them within one.

Greenwood attempted a last minute curling shot from just outside the box, which their keeper momentarily spilled then covered up.

Decent performance from Greenwood in the limited touches he had. Can't imagine he will continue not starting given that he's looked promising in both sub appearances.

Last edited:

Baxquux

Looked bright in flashes. Got a couple of shots off with limited service and a couple of good runs in the 25 mins or so he was on the field as well as neat touches. Going to be difficult for him to stack up goals with Getafe being dominated by better equipped (i guess technically and otherwise) sides, though it would help if he was starting games...

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
As this was an away game, was there any booing when he came on or when he had the ball?

Decent cameo. Had a big hand in their 3rd goal.

Side note, I haven't watched La Liga for a couple of years. The lower teams were always poor but is it really this bad now?

flameinthesun

FT: Real Sociedad 4 - Getafe 3

An entertaining finish with after a late Getafe goal to get them within one.

Greenwood attempted a last minute curling shot from just outside the box, which their keeper momentarily spilled then covered up.

Decent performance from Greenwood in the limited touches he had. Can't imagine he will continue not starting given that he's looked promising in both sub appearances.
I'd imagine his fitness is still not fully there yet, you'd imagine once fully fit he'd have to be an automatic start.

Borussia Teeth

I would have him back. He is a good player and would improve us. Does that make me a dv apologist? Maybe. I'd like to think not.

I enjoy Michael Jackson's music. Many believe he was a pedo. He probably was but I still sing along to Dirty Diana and Beat It. Does that make me (and all MJ fans) pedo apologists? Again, maybe.

I can separate the man from the player/musician.

I also believe in second chances in a life and that the legal system should overrule trial by media.

Abusian

I would have him back. He is a good player and would improve us. Does that make me a dv apologist? Maybe. I'd like to think not.

I enjoy Michael Jackson's music. Many believe he was a pedo. He probably was but I still sing along to Dirty Diana and Beat It. Does that make me (and all MJ fans) pedo apologists? Again, maybe.

I also believe in second chances in a life and that the legal system should overrule trial by media.
That begs the question: would you be OK with a pedo playing for United? Using your logic, wouldn’t you end up accepting pedos, racists, murderers and rapists if they could improve us?

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira

I'm with you. I also think there are many here who think the same but are afraid to say so. The fact she married Mason is the deciding factor for me.

I also think Antony should be playing right now. You should be considered innocent until proven guilty unless the evidence is very solid and obvious. Is there any evidence suggesting Antony is guilty? Is it just he said she said?

Litch

That begs the question: would you be OK with a pedo playing for United? Using your logic, wouldn’t you end up accepting pedos, racists, murderers and rapists if they could improve us?
Not if they were convicted.....and not by social media or fan forums.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
I'm with you. I also think there are many here who think the same but are afraid to say so. The fact she married Mason is the deciding factor for me.

I also think Antony should be playing right now. You should be considered innocent until proven guilty unless the evidence is very solid and obvious. Is there any evidence suggesting Antony is guilty? Is it just he said she said?
She didn't marry him, where has this come from??

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
This a hypothetical debate for another thread.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I swear I read they are married. Are they still together?
A quick search says they are engaged and are expecting a baby. Again, that's says a lot to the fact he deserves a second chance.

cafecillos

A quick search says they are engaged and are expecting a baby. Again, that's says a lot to the fact he deserves a second chance.
No, it says absolutely nothing to that. No matter how many times and how many posters repeat it. Honestly, it's come to the point where this can only be wumming, wilful ignorance or DV apologism.

Borussia Teeth

Obviously not if they're convicted.

Regarding Greenwood: I think he's probably guilty based on the audio and images. However, we don't actually know this.

I have had jury duty before. I can't go into detail about the case for legal reasons but all I can say is that things are not necessarily what they seem from the outside.

We have a legal system for a reason. Otherwise witches would still be burnt at the stake.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Pretty sure they've already had the baby and are happily getting on with their lives as a family during his loan in Spain.

miked99

Wow, you must really enjoy that song :angel:

Litch

This a hypothetical debate for another thread.
As was the question. I think its wishful thinking that discussions will focus on his football and not the elephant in the room. Isnt this part of the reason why hes not here?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
As was the question. I think its wishful thinking that discussions will focus on his football and not the elephant in the room. Isnt this part of the reason why hes not here?
We can debate that without making up the hypothetical scenario of whether a paedo would be welcomed back in the team.

Redlyn

One thread will do. There's little to discuss in terms of his player performances and we don't want other convos into Greenwood to take place in that. This shouldn't be an issue since there wouldn't be much player performance material to discuss since he isn't even starting today.
What about when he starts playing regularly? Would you consider it then? There are many people who want to discuss his football without rehashing same opinions over and over. Just specify football only and thread ban those who won't comply.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
What about when he starts playing regularly? Would you consider it then? There are many people who want to discuss his football without rehashing same opinions over and over.
If there's enough football only content later then we might reassess, but until then, one thread will be sufficient to cover everything.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular

Regarding Greenwood: I think he's probably guilty based on the audio and images. However, we don't actually know this.

I have had jury duty before. I can't go into detail about the case for legal reasons but all I can say is that things are not necessarily what they seem from the outside.

We have a legal system for a reason. Otherwise witches would still be burnt at the stake.
Racists don't often get convicted of anything, you'd usually have to actually do something racist before the legal system can do anything.

These references to the legal system are really a lame cop-out. There are many morally and ethically awful things that one can do that would not get looked at by police at all. Are you seriously arguing that you won't mind anything until the police step in? That's either patent nonsense or morally bankrupt.

People can have various opinions about Greenwood's situation specifically, but these sweeping generalizations of what one would and wouldn't support are nonsense.

Litch

We can debate that without making up the hypothetical scenario of whether a paedo would be welcomed back in the team.
Yep we can but we can also be hypothetical. Isnt that what happens on fan forums? I think given this situation is unprecedented, why hes not here and on 'loan' kind of going to raise its head from time to time

.....or we can pretend that its just about football and create a post for a player utd 'state' isnt coming back, we dont terminate his contract, carrying on paying his wages and there is no option to buy on the loan?

JediSith

Minute 68 - Sociedad just went up 3-2 after an error from the Getafe keeper (attempted to punch the ball away following a cross and completely missed - Sociedad player then headed it in).

Greenwood just subbed on and immediately made a promising run down the right.
Don’t think people got your hint.

NZT-One

I really worry for these people who can apparently only form opinions based upon a guilty verdict in a criminal trial. It’s almost as if they have a vested interest in conflating the criminal standard of proof with the ability to process the information available to them.
On a certain level, you have to agree that this applies also the other way around. I could also point out that it is a bit worrying, that people get presented with some pictures and an audio file and decide that this is enough for them to judge the case and the legal system is just "wrong" because they came to the wrong conclusion. You and a few others might think, what you have is all that is needed (who knows, you may have been involved in comparable situations or anything) but you also have to accept that other people might feel differently.

What is idiotic is claiming, literally hundreds of times in this thread alone, that we have to apply the "innocent until proven guilty" principle to personal opinions on a fecking internet forum. I'm sick and tired of pointing out the idiocy in that using a fairly neutral and serious tone, so I decided to try a less serious approach, I'm not sorry at all that bothered you. Also, you have my word I'll disappear from the thread the second nobody uses that stupid argument or the one about the woman "forgiving" him any more. When people stop making those objectively wrong and subjectively infuriating arguments, I'll stop contesting them.
Fair standpoint, though it is to a degree funny how you imply that your "engagement" would really mean anything. And I mean that with all due respect - you can camp in this thread and in many others but there will always be that somebody... You can't stop thoughts. All you can do is directing them constructively. And this is happening, most of the sane people stood behind the victim and was ready to see this prick go into jail.

Same here. Not jury duty but an internship at a mediation department of a court in Germany. Human relationships (not necessarily romantic ones but all kinds) can be incredibly weird.