Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Its not too hard to find if you know when Getafe play. Just check the thread after the most recent match.
There is also a useful new site called Google. If you go there and type "Getafe football club fixtures" in the search field there is a decent chance that fixture information will come up. ;)

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Though if you asked most people who don’t want Greenwood back I'm quite certain you’d find they’d want Antony gone too ASAP.
I haven't seen any evidence of anti-Greenwood posters wanting Antony gone, other than for football reasons.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Good to see that he is doing reasonably well and getting is career back on track. Definitely one of the most, if not the most, talented players to come out of the academy this century. The finishing ability he showed for us was something else. Too bad that he won't be allowed back to play for us, but hopefully he can have a wonderful career somewhere else and prove himself both as a footballer and a person.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I haven't seen any evidence of anti-Greenwood posters wanting Antony gone, other than for football reasons.
I feel like I said as much. Basically that obviously there is not as much clear cut evidence as this case but that I fully believe he’s done some dodgy shit. Which the ‘you don’t know for 100% brigade’ took umbrage to. If he’s just as guilty he can be binned too.

Onerealunited

Imagine if we could play:

Højlund
Garnacho
- Senior player - Greenwood
Mainoo
- Senior player

Pickle85

The charges were also dropped due to there no longer being a realistic chance of prosecution. Greenwood was in the same position as Antony between Feb and Oct 22, actively under investigation and not yet charged. Again the fan reaction is quite contrasting though.

If you read through my posts in this thread a large number of them are responses to other posters. Like this one and the previous one. I couldn't even reply till now and now I have only 2 posts till midnight.

So if I have 2 posts remaining and it's a choice between a good discussion or a post about Martinez injury, I'll probably choose the discussion.

For arguments sake, 80% of the posts in your last 5 pages are in this thread. That's a higher percentage and total posts in the thread compared to mine. You also have unlimited posts and can post anywhere whereas I'm limited to 3 a day.

Do I think that you're more interested in putting down a player you've no interest in over supporting united? No. I think you actively post because you're also engaged in discussions on the topic.
But it's not a 'good discussion', it's you tying yourself in knots to justify your stance on Greenwood. I would say posts on Martinez are more likely to increase your 'like' count to a point where you get out of the newbies and escape the post limit restriction.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
If you read through my posts in this thread a large number of them are responses to other posters. Like this one and the previous one. I couldn't even reply till now and now I have only 2 posts till midnight.

So if I have 2 posts remaining and it's a choice between a good discussion or a post about Martinez injury, I'll probably choose the discussion.

For arguments sake, 80% of the posts in your last 5 pages are in this thread. That's a higher percentage and total posts in the thread compared to mine. You also have unlimited posts and can post anywhere whereas I'm limited to 3 a day.

Do I think that you're more interested in putting down a player you've no interest in over supporting united? No. I think you actively post because you're also engaged in discussions on the topic.
Don't try and equate our participation in this shitshow. I want this thread deleted until the club see fit to let him return from his exile.

I actively post because I'm a moderator on this site and sickened by some of the gymnastics in defence of this scrote.

Most people have tired of this and left the discussion. I'm not prepared to leave it become some sort of eulogy to a scumbag by leaving some of the nonsense unchallenged. Like you, over pages refusing to accept the differences between two totally different cases.

Overall the thread is tedious and often sickening.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
He wasn't charged. At the time of the news breaking lots of folk were annoyed. He was given time off. Engaged with the police and media. If he was charged or is charged in the future or damning evidence was released people wouldnt object to him being exiled.

You all realise there is a higher threshold for police to actually press charges. Why keep ignoring it? When it's clear why charges are pressed but not clear why they are dropped this situation is inevitable.

Most of the discussion regarding Antony or Ronaldo is irrelevant and purely used to cloud a very simple issue.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Imagine if we could play:

Højlund
Garnacho
- Senior player - Greenwood
Mainoo
- Senior player
Omg yeah imagine if we could just wish away horrible allegations. Stick Adam Johnson in the middle as well since he can ping a ball top bins now and then.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I understand the threads were merged but just want to echo what the other poster said.

There are a lot of us who come in here just to read about pure footballing performance (he is still a contracted Manchester United player until the club decide otherwise).

And it’s nigh on impossible to navigate this thread without reading through the myriad of highly emotional and opinionated posts about the morality of his actions which have become extremely repetitive in nature.
He doesn't play for us and probaby never will. There are some of us who think there should be no thread under the circumstances.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He wasn't charged. At the time of the news breaking lots of folk were annoyed. He was given time off. Engaged with the police and media. If he was charged or is charged in the future or damning evidence was released people wouldnt object to him being exiled.

You all realise there is a higher threshold for police to actually press charges. Why keep ignoring it? When it's clear why charges are pressed but not clear why they are dropped this situation is inevitable.

Most of the discussion regarding Antony or Ronaldo is irrelevant and purely used to cloud a very simple issue.
Even the CPS moving forward with the charges seems to be disregarded. People ignore they must have had enough evidence to believe he would be convicted in the first place. They don't just waste resources on a whim.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Even the CPS moving forward with the charges seems to be disregarded. People ignore they must have had enough evidence to believe he would be convicted in the first place. They don't just waste resources on a whim.
Yep. People won't engage with the data and wonder why the thread goes around in circles.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
Good to see that he is doing reasonably well and getting is career back on track. Definitely one of the most, if not the most, talented players to come out of the academy this century. The finishing ability he showed for us was something else. Too bad that he won't be allowed back to play for us, but hopefully he can have a wonderful career somewhere else and prove himself both as a footballer and a person.
See, this isn't offensive to me, a poster who clearly knows Greenwood isn't coming back here.

It does annoy me that @Insanity 's post wishes him well, but at least this is an honest response.
Don't try and equate our participation in this shitshow. I want this thread deleted until the club see fit to let him return from his exile.

I actively post because I'm a moderator on this site and sickened by some of the gymnastics in defence of this scrote.

Most people have tired of this and left the discussion. I'm not prepared to leave it become some sort of eulogy to a scumbag by leaving some of the nonsense unchallenged. Like you, over pages refusing to accept the differences between two totally different cases.

I agree, @BristolMick , don't use your posts here.

I post here because I have a history with this stuff, so, I believe I can offer a biased but logical view, and I think it's important for people to see it from a different perspective.

Like you @moses , I can't leave this thread alone. I think his behaviour should never be ignored.

Reactions: Wibble

E-mal

I have been threadbanned and just returned from the wilderness. I will not be commenting on this thread aside his footballing success/failures.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I have been threadbanned and just returned from the wilderness. I will not be commenting on this thread aside his footballing success/failures.
This isn’t an airport. You don’t have to announce your arrival and departure.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Another UK link to Atletico (being on their summer forward shortlist) via Mike McGrath.

Teja

Optimistic that we'll get some money for him at this rate. La Liga is a shit show and they seem to have accepted him with open arms.

I wonder if we put a buy back clause in this deal or if we rule out his return permanently.

United888

I hope at least ATL Madrid are willing to pay for £50m. He’s a talented player with great finishing ability. Surely, ATL Madrid will see great value in him and Simeone will push for the move. They spent 100m on Joao Felix so it’s not impossible to get half of it for Greenwood.

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
I hope at least ATL Madrid are willing to pay for £50m. He’s a talented player with great finishing ability. Surely, ATL Madrid will see great value in him and Simeone will push for the move. They spent 100m on Joao Felix so it’s not impossible to get half of it for Greenwood.
I guess they only need to be willing to pay as much as anyone else is. Unless there are multiple serious bidders it's hard to see how we get a big fee. What are we gonna do, threaten to keep him?

United's hand is surely shown by this point.

United888

I guess they only need to be willing to pay as much as anyone else is. Unless there are multiple serious bidders it's hard to see how we get a big fee. What are we gonna do, threaten to keep him?

We have issue with FFP and we either need keep pushing ourselves finding a way to sell Greenwood for good money to help us getting new attacker to upgrade Antony or we will keep Greenwood to upgrade Antony.

Theo88

No chance in the world I'd say. I think european clubs will know he is toxic for us so we need to sell. 20m is probably what we get unless there's a bidding war between a couple of clubs.

Sir Erik ten Hag

I’d only wish him a good career IF he returns to United. If he goes and have a successful career elsewhere, we as a club would look even more idiotic. So no wish from me unless he returns.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Again the fan reaction is quite contrasting though.
Not that contrasting if you look at the initial reaction (on here, specifically) to the allegations against Antony. The news was hardly met with universal support for Antony, quite to the contrary (go have a look at the relevant threads if you're interested). It then, subsequently, fizzled out for the reason stated now many times: he wasn't charged with anything. United had no reason to suspend him, fans had no reason to call for his head, etc.

Again, though, this is quite irrelevant: the cases are not comparable for multiple reasons.

Woziak

Not quite the club has a contract to 2025 with Mason plus a one year extension extension which could be activated and allow him to continue on loan from 2024/25 season up until January And then he would still have 18 months on his contract.

The club could use that this summer as a bargaining chip stating that he’s 22 and has 2 and half years left on his contract especially if he’s got double figure goals with Getafe. They might value the player at £55m, knowing Bayern, Juventus ,Milan, Inter, Barcelona and Atletico all being able to afford that. If Sane leaves Bayern or R Laeo leaves Milan then both those clubs become interested.

BristolMick

But it's not a 'good discussion', it's you tying yourself in knots to justify your stance on Greenwood. I would say posts on Martinez are more likely to increase your 'like' count to a point where you get out of the newbies and escape the post limit restriction.

See, this isn't offensive to me, a poster who clearly knows Greenwood isn't coming back here.

It does annoy me that @Insanity 's post wishes him well, but at least this is an honest response.

I agree, @BristolMick , don't use your posts here.

I post here because I have a history with this stuff, so, I believe I can offer a biased but logical view, and I think it's important for people to see it from a different perspective.

Like you @moses , I can't leave this thread alone. I think his behaviour should never be ignored.
Not that contrasting if you look at the initial reaction (on here, specifically) to the allegations against Antony. The news was hardly met with universal support for Antony, quite to the contrary (go have a look at the relevant threads if you're interested). It then, subsequently, fizzled out for the reason stated now many times: he wasn't charged with anything. United had no reason to suspend him, fans had no reason to call for his head, etc.

Again, though, this is quite irrelevant: the cases are not comparable for multiple reasons.
I'm not purposely ignoring your replies. I do think I've had some good discussions with Seb, Peter and Lash in the thread but trying to distant myself from the discussion on the mods advice as I don't think we're going to come to an agreement on our views, and it's just resulting in the same points being regurgitated.

I think there are some similarities but I think we all hold strong opinions so no need to keep arguing the same points. Hope I've not offended anyone with my posts here :)

acid_fuji

Selling to Athleico would be awesome if we could get good price. This would help us in terms of FPP and perhaps send a clear message from the club to the players that this kind of behavior won't be tolerated. Can we get even 50 mil for him?

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Hope I've not offended anyone with my posts here
As far as our exchanges are concerned, you haven't crossed any lines that I'm aware of.

The advice you mention is undoubtedly good, though - not least if you aim to get rid of your newbie status: you seem to be very active in this thread, that is generally not a good look for a newbie.

Spread your wings, ignore this thread for a while (it's not like anything genuinely new or interesting goes on here anyway).

Posh Red

Selling to Athleico would be awesome if we could get good price. This would help us in terms of FPP and perhaps send a clear message from the club to the players that this kind of behavior won't be tolerated. Can we get even 50 mil for him?
I think it’s already quite obvious to the majority of people that attempted rape and attacking your partner isn’t acceptable, to be honest.

flameinthesun

The advice you mention is undoubtedly good, though - not least if you aim to get rid of your newbie status: you seem to be very active in this thread, that is generally not a good look for a newbie. .
On the contrary, if the poster is contributing to the discussion in the thread and not overstepping the mark then whether they post in here or not shouldn't be a factor in them getting promoted. From what I've seen from the poster a lot of his posts have been constructed well whether people agree with their stance or disagree with it.