Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

Spaghetti

Mom's
You were literally quoting me. You highlighted part of my post in bold
Ah I see it now. We know all we will ever know, I guess. For some it’s enough and for others it’s not. He would be even more of a moron to admit guilt though.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Quality control
Manchester United stands for nothing in your view.
We signed Evans and Ronaldo, why not stand by a kid who was also not convicted?

He was in bed with his girlfriend. It doesn’t make it right, but it’s also not the same level as prowling around dark alleyways at night.

Pickle85

He was in bed with his girlfriend. It doesn’t make it right, but it’s also not the same level as prowling around dark alleyways at night.
So at what level of sexual abuse do you draw the line? Also, from memory the Evans case was a nonsense (could be wrong there so apologies if I'm misremembering) and as has been discussed ad nauseam, many didn't know about the Ronaldo thing before he came back. Just because the club made one shitty call doesn't mean we have to carry on making them.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff

Rape is rape. You can argue he didnt do it but what you're saying is is vile. He also alledgely beat her. Is the location relevant here also?

sepulturite

My god, I know I shouldn't be shocked anymore by the shite that's spouted in here, but yet I am. Despicable.

Spaghetti

Mom's
So at what level of sexual abuse do you draw the line? Also, from memory the Evans case was a nonsense (could be wrong there so apologies if I'm misremembering) and as has been discussed ad nauseam, many didn't know about the Ronaldo thing before he came back. Just because the club made one shitty call doesn't mean we have to carry on making them.
I don’t think any level of sexual abuse is acceptable. Just like any level of violence is unacceptable, but there are still levels within what is wrong.

sepulturite

Personally I'd delete all the cnuts.
If only. I find it so hard to read any of the other threads on here when I see the usual suspects from this one and they're backwards view on this topic, just can't believe they're a fellow supporter of this club.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It’s so weird to me that we had a loanee do really well in La Liga last night and nobody that’s usually in this thread when Greenwood even makes half a decent pass is in there fawning to bring him back. I wonder why?

tidraKS

Can we just forgive him already and get him back to our first team for the next season. He'll be motivated to do wonders here and we need him badly.

Oranges038

It’s so weird to me that we had a loanee do really well in La Liga last night and nobody that’s usually in this thread when Greenwood even makes half a decent pass is in there fawning to bring him back. I wonder why?
Bunch of weirdos.

I watched the first half yesterday and aside from a shot or something he didn't do much else. Nothing to write home about. Celta Vigo were absolutely fecking shite too, unbelievably bad.

Didn't bother watching the second half, it was 2-0 at the break and in truth up to that point it was such a rubbish game of football, I don't even know how I got through the first half without turning it off. Looking back maybe I should have watched the second half, instead I switched over and watched West Ham bend over and lube themselves up for Arsenal.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

I don’t think any level of sexual abuse is acceptable. Just like any level of violence is unacceptable, but there are still levels within what is wrong.
If you're disavowing sexual assault and also saying 'but' in the same sentence you probably want to try again.

Also more disingenuous shite about Ronaldo and Evans when we've already discussed how different this case is due to the actual audio and images we have heard and seen.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I went on her profile and there's no mention of your game or win yesterday. All about the trip to Getafe and Greenwood. Weirdo.
That is... pretty unhinged.
----
On MG the player: his FBref looks basically how I remember him -- a wide forward who excels in the opposition box, decent carrier, but an absolute non-entity off the ball going the other way. https://fbref.com/en/players/58eee997/Mason-Greenwood

N.B: I think it's very skewered because it's only comparing him against 'midfielders' rather than the 'att mid / wingers' that FBref also has a category for players. As a result he's 99th percentile in everything because he's only being compared to midfielders.

We should be able to generate a good price for him, the issue is we are obviously restricted from selling him in the country that would generate the most money. All the Spanish and Italian teams who have the shall we say, looser, moral compasses to take him will offer us peverted loan-to-buys or pitiful sums of money.

But at the same time, we will probably need to sell him quite quickly? I can't imagine him coming back here for preseason...

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

People keep throwing Evans name in here, wasn’t it proven that the girl and her boyfriend were at fault and trying it on

holy feck just absorbed the rest of your post, you need help

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That's some impressive whataboutism to get Jonny Evans involved as a reason to retain Mason Greenwood, I must say.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Ah the old "Other things happen too" argument.
do. your. research. there’s a theory that early, modern humans wiped out the neanderthals. so since that point in time, anything has been fair game.

cafecillos

"He was in bed with his girlfriend". A user posted that fecking shite unsarcastically.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
do. your. research. there’s a theory that early, modern humans wiped out the neanderthals. so since that point in time, anything has been fair game.
My silence on the extinction of the mammoth is deafening.

padzilla

Hipster
Somebody else might have raped someone previously and avoided prison so why can't Greenwood play for my favourite soccer team? After all, she was only his girlfriend anyway so it's not like he raped some randomer.

Am I doing this right?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
That makes no sense on a few levels. I have stated several times why I am in this thread, both personally and as a moderator.

I thought your preoccupation with me had passed. Alas.
Are mods assigned shifts in this thread? Do you have the option to opt out or take breaks? Just want to commend you and Geebs for your service here, must be grueling

Reactions: moses

Lastwolf

to be fair, they were asking for it, walking around without a club and only a loin cloth for armour.

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
Some of you are just disgusting, like properly fecking grim people.

Reactions: Wibble

Yagami

Good post resistant
Back on track. Did he play football this weekend? How'd he perform?
Leaving out his first few games due to him obviously being unfit, it was probably his worst game. Not because he was necessarily bad, but because he was very quiet. When he actually had the ball, he was fine - being involved in two goals - but it felt like one of his performances for us.

There's a lot of criticism for his work rate out of possession, but even when Getafe have the ball his movement is very laboured. He only starts to move with real energy when he actually has the ball or if Getafe find themselves through on the counter.