Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doracle

Won't be in shock if Chelsea asked Matt Law to publish Mount's wages.

Out of all the transfers in the PL the second we got our first signing "suddenly" all the details of this deal published ?

I want to know the wages of Havertz, Mcallister, Kovacic etc
Chelsea aren’t going to know what we have agreed with Mount. It’s none of their business.

E-mal

City play in this way tbf and it looks like arsenal will next season too.
City play this way because Rodri is better on the ball than Casemiro, Gundogan/Silva have more Poise on the ball than Mount and KDB is more secure on the ball than Bruno. Additionally, there whole team are better on the ball than ours.
Casemiro and Bruno are so erratic with there pass.

DevilRed

Can’t wait for all the polarising matchday views on this lad.

I can see it now. Only 1’s and 10’s for his rating. Those who watch him on tv will sometimes think he is gash. Others who watch him live will swear by his work rate off the ball.

Dread Devil

Delighted with this…we have so many games where the opposition plays with a low block…an extra midfielder with attacking potential is what we need…Mount has proven he can score and assist in the PL….

A fee of 55m may seem a little high but compared to 80m for Maguire and 100m for Antony I think this could work out to be a great bit of business…

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think he will be a consistently good player

El Jefe

How creative is he? Is he like Bruno creative wise? I know he’s like Bruno as in a workhorse. Works hard
Nope nowhere near Bruno's creativity but playing with Bruno will be great for him and Bruno. Mount's final ball is inconsistent but he's able to progress the ball and link up in tight areas which should indirectly improve our creativity.

He's the sort of player that will be great playing off a main creative player like Bruno and hopefully a striker that can bring others into play. I look at Mount as a connector and link player. If you build a team around Mount, it won't be great but in a functioning system he'll be very valuable as he can do most things to a good level and he will play the role he's given.

I see him as a player like Milner and Park. All managers have liked Mount in the same way the players mentioned were liked by their coaches.

Sylar

To me, it's a good singing but will be based on the rest of the window
We badly need to get the striker and GK position sorted. And even with mount if we can get in one more cm in, I think we will all be happy with those four signings (at least).
Though I think four is the max we will get

Crimson King

I am no manager but my opinion is paying a wage of 250k + should be reserved for someone who is a definite starter and I just can't see us playing a midfield 3 of Bruno, Mount and Casemiro. There is just no control and positional sense aside Casemiro, meaning we will need someone to control and that implies Mount won't be a starter seeing the other 2 are better players. My opinion though.
Well that is going to be the midfield 3 so better get used to it.

Toblerone92

55m for a young English player that will bring much needed depth seems like a good deal to me. Now we can concentrate on getting Ramos in and ideally another CB and GK.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
This reminds me a little of Carrick. Wasn't overwhelmingy popular at the start but became a great signing.

Think Mount will do the same.
But also he can become a Mata signing of we are not careful.
ETH has to gradually shift from Bruno in the next 18 months and Mount takes that attacking midfield as we recruit another midfielder in 12 months.
But if Bruno persist in the midfield, then the main issues will remain. We need a physical, ball carrying, half-turn, possession magnet midfielders to which sadly Bruno has non of those qualities. Mount can solve 1-2 of those problems but still he can't do it alone.
But if the longterm plan is playing Mount & Bruno then this will be like the Mata signing

bdspeedy

Good signing for us. Eriksen's legs aren't up to it but if we weren't so f-ing inept, we'd have gone for Caicedo too. No idea how our management seem to be the only ones in football who don't want us to play with strong DM's unless they're at the end of their careers. I'm guessing it gives them a scapegoat when we miss out on top four next year. F the Glazers in the a.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I think it’s disastrous losing a 24 year old homegrown academy player who won poty twice to a domestic rival, but each to their own.
It’s definitely a PR disaster but it remains to be seen if it’s a football disaster. I don’t think Mount would’ve been in our best XI had he stayed depending on Poch’s preferred formation. If it’s a 4-2-3-1 as we all expect it to be I don’t think he would've been.

So to hand a player £250k per week when he wouldn’t have been a nailed on starter would’ve been madness.

fergosaurus

Why are people surprised and pissed about the wages? No way a player like Mount will earn less than 200k in the PL at a Top 4 Team.
It just seems a bit risky signing a player off the back of an underwhelming season on £250-£300k a week wages. He declined Chelsea's £200k a week wages but we're offering CL football and a new challenge. I think we could've got the wages down significantly more if we had competent people negotiating.

Biggins

Don’t like this signing at all. I don’t think Mount is that special and paying 55m for a player with one year of contract left may set us back for the remainder of the transfer window. Happy to be proven wrong though.

binary bot
Mixed feelings on this but nobody will give a shit if we get a striker and goalkeeper in.

Crimson King

To me, it's a good singing but will be based on the rest of the window
We badly need to get the striker and GK position sorted. And even with mount if we can get in one more cm in, I think we will all be happy with those four signings (at least).
Though I think four is the max we will get
I think we'll sign Onana and a ST, probably Højlund.

Anything after that will depend on outgoings, and will probably be prospects, rather than starters.

I know you could say that's what Højlund is, but the ST market is basically just Kane and Osimhen for someone established.

daba

55m isn’t shocking, wouldn’t call it a great deal but at the of the day we’ve filled a gaping space in our squad with a quality homegrown player at a perfect age.

Hopefully we follow it up with some quick deals for Onana and a ST then we’re set for pre-season.

Follow that up with sales to the likes of Fred, Elanga, McTominay, Maguire, Martial and go grab a couple squad players like Lavia and another ST, then we’re golden.

Keep calms guys and girls.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
But also he can become a Mata signing of we are not careful.
ETH has to gradually shift from Bruno in the next 18 months and Mount takes that attacking midfield as we recruit another midfielder in 12 months.
But if Bruno persist in the midfield, then the main issues will remain. We need a physical, ball carrying, half-turn, possession magnet midfielders to which sadly Bruno has non of those qualities. Mount can solve 1-2 of those problems but still he can't do it alone.
But if the longterm plan is playing Mount & Bruno then this will be like the Mata signing
Why the hell should our talisman be replaced by bloody Mount?!

ShinjiNinja26

I hope he is worth it, never rated him as highly as others do but looks like he is rated very highly by top managers.

Will be interesting to see how double 8 works with 2 players who works very hard.
I’m of the same opinion. I’ve never rated Mount that highly but I’ve also never seen him play that much, but I’ve ETH is pushing to sign him then obviously he sees something in him and the manager has my full backing.

JediSith

A good signing. An upgrade on Eriksen who for me was anonymous in far too many matches. So ideally with Mount as the regularly starter and Eriksen as his alternative the number 8 is now a position where we have two quality players.

I think a lot of fans will be surprised and he’ll become a favourite.

A player who regularly puts in 7/10 performances and occasionally gets the 9 or 10/10 when he gets goals and assists in matches.

iamking

Mount is a fantastic player. He will thrive under ETH. Who cares about the wage and transfer fee etc.. He is better than Havertz and will be more productive in our system.

Cloud7

Hopefully he turns out to be the missing link in the midfield. At least we’ve finally got someone in

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I am no manager but my opinion is paying a wage of 250k + should be reserved for someone who is a definite starter and I just can't see us playing a midfield 3 of Bruno, Mount and Casemiro. There is just no control and positional sense aside Casemiro, meaning we will need someone to control and that implies Mount won't be a starter seeing the other 2 are better players. My opinion though.
Mounts positional awareness and defensive contribution is really good. Along with him being a serious attacking threat I think the midfield will do well. The main issue is cover

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Good player at an excellent price. Nothing convinces of him not being a top class footballer. He is an attacking midfielder that will add competition for places. I think we’re priming for some +ve shockers from ETH in terms of who he’ll prefer in some positions.

We still need a pure central midfielder, which is our biggest hole in the team and as important as a striker. Some prefer a good attack and others a good defence but what about a brilliant player to bring the two together or gel the two phases. Mainoo is an immature/inexperienced example of the type and I think he will likely replace McT in his role but we definitely need a controller. People will say City use Rodri so it’s not always necessary, whilst ignoring to give a reason why Pep always moves a defender into centre mid. The fact that Casemiro is too direct disqualifies him from this role and Bruno is a definite No for me. Eriksen and Fred only satisfy half the role from extreme ends.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Can't believe 70 mil and 400k :(

Seriously though I found Bruno to be at his best slightly more withdrawn under Ten Hag and I am wondering if he will now be a more controlling 8 with Mount pressing along with Bruno?

2 pressing demons with Casemiro as the support structure, very intrigued to see how this works.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Bruno did that in Portugal. Same position, younger than Bruno and PL proven - Mount has had high productive couple of seasons with Chelsea . Are you saying its not comparable ?

The Arsenal and Maddison fees were brought on to compare the going rates of transfers. 40m is the minimum rate going these days.
It's not comparable. Regardless of the league, Bruno's production was utterly ridiculous for Sporting and the only gamble was on how much of that would translate to the PL (all of it did clearly). Mount's most productive season was two years ago and didn't come close to anything Bruno did. Which is fine, not many players can. But comparing them is stupid, not to mention we bought Bruno in to play his natural position as a 10, we didn't pay up for him to go experiment with him in a new role.

We need an rvn

I mean, I’m not happy with the fee for a player with one year left on his contract.
I’d love to say, “look, if you want to come then we’ll give you a nice signing on bonus and salary but £55m is a lot”.

problem is, that seems to be the weird rate clubs are willing to spend on players and it seems the length of contract doesn’t matter that much anymore. How much will Mbappe go for?

I think he’ll be a very good addition and bring that midfield age down a bit with the likes of case, erik, Fred etc all in there.

I’d also like to think if this is our first signing then something else is definitely happening as we can’t be losing ddg and not signing a striker and just sign a player in a position that is arguably our least priority

Telsim

55-5 for a player in the last year of his contract who is pushing for the move. Mad wage as well. And it's Mason Mount.

Couldn't be more underwhelmed and less excited even if I tried. Whatever. Just move on to the next one, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.