Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belisarius

I think there’s probably money for a keeper but not a forward unless we sell a bunch of players
By getting the Mount signing over the line early we greatly increase our chances of selling one of our other midfielders (McTominay, Fred or Donny) which will help fund further signings.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
250k a week, ofcourse he was happy to join. Wouldn't get that anywhere else not even at his boyhood dreamclub.

But here comes United to save the day.
How much was he offered when he rejected Chelsea’s contract?

Zoo

These things can get overplayed but one the Chelsea journos was saying on the radio that Mount was captain at youth team level winning the FA Youth Cup, also one of the reasons that things were so disastrous last season was because the training standards were noticeably lower without him and Kante around much. I think Lampard alluded to that as well.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
We wont be able to offload him with those wages after failing to make an impact here.
After Maguire and Sancho, it’s no wonder we are in the mess we’re in. Dishing out ridiculous contracts to just about anyone.

Lee565

Mental if those are the wages we are giving out, another player that will be tough to sell on if he doesn't deliver which would not be a surprise when his praise is more for his off the ball movement than what he can do on it

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
The fee and the wages are exactly what I predicted several weeks ago. Chelsea wanted to keep him (and they for sure didn’t offer peanuts). He rejected the offer. It was clear we would offer significantly more than what he rejected at Chelsea.
With this there is no wonder Rashford who is a more attacking player, a goal scorer and very marketable will be demanding at least 350 k.

crossy1686

career ending
By getting the Mount signing over the line early we greatly increase our chances of selling one of our other midfielders (McTominay, Fred or Donny) which will help fund further signings.
Donny has to go, then McTomminay if possible, and Maguire. Then we should be able to get a forward also.

DevilRed

55+5 because we always get mugged

Just fecking pay it and hope there WILL be new owners and they have deep pockets.
Im not right often so I got to toot my own horn when I am. :lol:

As usual we overpaid. But at least ETH is happy for now.

Time to get Kane now.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
My Chelsea supporting friend told me he sees Mount as a number 10 who can play on the wing, rather than a deeper midfield player. A bit concerning if true - could be a "square peg in round hole" situation like Juan Mata.

Assuming what he said is true: Mount obviously won't play Bruno's role so it would not surprise me if we tried him out in CM before ultimately shifting him to RW.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Thank feck he's on massive wages otherwise the complaining about us not getting Caicedo instead would've been boring. At least you can all add some variety to your doom mongering before Mount has even kicked a ball for us.

E-mal

We pay English players shitloads for doing nothing.
It's a shit deal as potentially I don't see Mount ever becoming a key player in a team likely to win premier league.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Bruno and Mount can and will press well but they both lack defensive awareness and positioning in transition in the defensive third. We'll be a lot better defensively higher up the pitch but I'd be a bit concerned about them off the ball when not in the opposition half.
You don't need every midfielder to have strong defensive positioning though, 1 of them having strong defensive positioning and the other 2 to be hard workers is the perfect balance. It's like people forget that we have casemiro... Or that casemiro is as good as anyone in the world in that aspect.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I’m happy with him and I think he will be good player for us but 250k a week is an absurd amount.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The wage tends to go hand in hand with the transfer fee. When you’re paying a £60m the player kind of has to be earning an appropriate salary.

Orange Tree

Those wages better be wrong
And here I thought we have stopped giving out silly wages. No one other than United is giving him that much money.

We'll have difficult time moving him on if this doesn't work out. Just like Martial, Sancho, Maguire, etc.

Caicedo would probably end up the cheaper deal.

bosnian_red

It's a shit deal as potentially I don't see Mount ever becoming a key player in a team likely to win premier league.
He was a key player and player of the year for a team that won the Champions League at 22 though.

saivet

How much was he offered when he rejected Chelsea’s contract?
Reportedly £200k a week, though I'm sure he probably could have negotiated higher from them if he really wanted to stay.

Noc-Z

ffs
Delighted with this signing. A very smart midfielder. I don't understand the negativity! He won player of the season twice in a row. I'm not concerned about his stats last season as Chelsea were a mess. He's a technical player who will understand what ten Hag wants from him. This can be a great signing.

bosnian_red

Ok the wages are mad. Classic United. Though if we improve the team and the targets we go for and the coaching (like I do think we have in all 3), then I'm ok with still being shit at negotiating wages. It is what it is.

saivet

You don't need every midfielder to have strong defensive positioning though, 1 of them having strong defensive positioning and the other 2 to be hard workers is the perfect balance. It's like people forget that we have casemiro... Or that casemiro is as good as anyone in the world in that aspect.
I agree but I think there is a bit of a worry that it's a bit imbalanced defensively, particularly against better teams/midfields

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
This reminds me a little of Carrick. Wasn't overwhelmingy popular at the start but became a great signing.

Think Mount will do the same.

AndySmith1990

He was a key player and POTY for a team that won the CL

Strange how there would be more enthusiasm had we signed a player from Brighton who has won nothing and had one good season in the league

stw2022

Alliteration is always welcome. Paul Parker, Mason Mount. Even Wayne Rooney depending on your speech impediment.

bosnian_red

I agree but I think there is a bit of a worry that it's a bit imbalanced defensively, particularly against better teams/midfields
We'll see I guess. Valid concern if Casemiro is out, don't think it's a concern at all if he's there and our defensive midfield structure will be excellent. If McTominay covers then it depends on opponent, but yeah you need 1 player who is strong positionally always IMO. Need to get a CF who can hold his own from a pressing POV too now, so we don't have Bruno wasting energy covering for him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's leaving because we only offered 200.
His wage was always going to be more than 200k a week after he rejected your contract offer. For us it's about getting the overall wage under control which I think will happen. The likes of De Gea, Sancho and Martial leaving will help alot, but two of those players are going to be very difficult to shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.