Mason Mount

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
So weird. We could just play a proper 3 in midfield, but give up control just for the sake of Mount doing nothing in the final third?
Everything broke down with him, he's basically a Tom Cleverley.

Unbelievable how he gets picked.

GlasgowCeltic

I saw Henderson come on and start pressing high, I thought that's Mount's job, like the main thing he's good at

Feels like the euros all over again, watching much worse players start every game as other much more talented ones sit on the bench. Because the negativity numpty clearly likes their discipline.

Rashford, like in the Euros, may as well pack up & go home now, or he’ll just be used a last minute penalty scapegoat again in the knockouts.
Trent should get himself on the first flight home.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He’s the type of player that will have Chelsea fan twitter being like:

“Mount’s game by numbers

93% pass completion
2/3 duels won
1/1 dribbles completed”

And yet if you watch the game with your eyes, the man was shocking.

Abraxas

Thought this might see a bump. Atrocious. Kept giving it away, and to compound that refused to chase back. What the hell is that about? Couldn't believe he lasted 90.

Fabio Rochemback

Didn't get close enough to Kane, offered absolutely nothing. Much like the Euros. Just a pretty ordinary player really.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Meh. Not a single good England performance. Disjointed from back to front.

Leg-End

Pep must watch England playing Mount over Foden in disbelief.

Southgate is fully the man with the Ferrari in the garage but takes the Fiesta because it’s a bit damp outside.

SambaBoy

Never really seen him play well, just looks an average footballer.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He’s the type of player that will have Chelsea fan twitter being like:
Mount’s game by numbers
93% pass completion
2/3 duels won
1/1 dribbles completed”

And yet if you watch the game with your eyes, the man was shocking.
The Caf dream of no. 10. :drool:

Abraxas

Cafés hate boner for him is strange.
Not really, it's entirely explainable when he never performs for England. He's obviously doing a lot better for Chelsea but that's no good to us if he doesn't offer anything.

Ekeke

Garbage today. Doesnt seem to know how to drop deep and get involved in play and help in the buildup if hes being frozen out higher up the pitch

Raw

Feel so sorry for Chelsea fans. At least I only have to suffer Mount-ball a few times a year.

Cafés hate boner for him is strange.
Don’t see any hate, generally tends to be fans simply utterly miffed at how he commands such a guaranteed spot in the England side ahead of the likes of Foden when the latter is clearly light years ahead of him.
People don’t hate Mount, they find the whole thing a massive head scratcher.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
We don't get enough from Mount offensively to risk being outnumbered defensively by picking him.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
When we aren’t in complete and utter control of a game at all times, Mount is always used by Southgate as an attacker because he presses well, especially since Kane is utterly useless in this aspect, Mount basically presses for two people.

Being creative in the final 3rd is not his biggest strength. I don’t understand why Southgate uses him the way he does. You strip him of what he’s good at and you put him in a position that he isn’t his strength where we already have better options. Might as well use Foden or Grealish if you just want him to be an attacker.

Idxomer

Not really, it's entirely explainable when he never performs for England. He's obviously doing a lot better for Chelsea but that's no good to us if he doesn't offer anything.
He isn't, especially this season.

Abraxas

He isn't, especially this season.
I admit I've generally paid no attention to Chelsea this season, they're not particularly interesting.

But generally he obviously must be way better in a Chelsea shirt than he ever has been for England. It just doesn't work with whatever Southgate is asking him to do. He's invisible in the build up when we're crying out for help there and he's not producing anything in attack.

Righteous Steps

When we aren’t in complete and utter control of a game at all times, Mount is always used by Southgate as an attacker because he presses well, especially since Kane is utterly useless in this aspect, Mount basically presses for two people.

Being creative in the final 3rd is not his biggest strength. I don’t understand why Southgate uses him the way he does. You strip him of what he’s good at and you put him in a position that he isn’t his strength where we already have better options. Might as well use Foden or Grealish if you just want him to be an attacker.
Hes not a great midfielder either.

Vapor trail

I agree I think Mount at domestic level is relatively decent. Never thought of him to be a typical 8 or defensively a 6.

International football is certainly not the total end judgement of a players ability but Southgate does have a habit of magnifying a players weaknesses by nullifying their strengths. Rashford on the right is a good example. Kane looked immobile, doesn't really bring much to the build up of the team

I think if a more fluid forward player was on tonight the midfield would have had more of a foothold in the game due to more spaces being available from the movement.

RoyH1

Useless in an England shirt. Cannot start any more without serious questions being asked about Southgate's competency as a manager

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I mean he had a pretty good game against iran its not like the rest of team were world beaters tonight.
Don’t see any hate, generally tends to be fans simply utterly miffed at how he commands such a guaranteed spot in the England side ahead of the likes of Foden when the latter is clearly light years ahead of him.
People don’t hate Mount, they find the whole thing a massive head scratcher.
I mean look at the comments, folk are so quick to jump at his back, southgate has his favorites, I don't see so much hate for the others.