Mason Mount

GlasgowCeltic

Tuchel Southgate and Lampard can’t all be wrong, always fair to assume Southgate is though

Lee565

I don't get the abuse he gets from england and Chelsea fans, anyone would think he is on some sort of Suarez level in terms of personality or something, he's a very good footballer and is just unfortunate that he is competing with the more glamorous foreign names in the chelsea side and with the current english golden boys in foden and grealish.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I don't get the abuse he gets from england and Chelsea fans, anyone would think he is on some sort of Suarez level in terms of personality or something, he's a very good footballer and is just unfortunate that he is competing with the more glamorous foreign names in the chelsea side and with the current english golden boys in foden and grealish.
He doesn't really get abuse from Chelsea fans. There's a few Pulisic or CHO fanboys online who get shitty when their darling doesn't get picked but I would bet my life that if there were crowds allowed, Mason would be cheered massively.

Grealish, Maddison and Foden fans think the Mount is stealing their caps and I kinda get that but blame Southgate, not Mason Mount.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I am active at a few Chelsea forums and I do not see Chelsea fans throwing shade at Mount.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I am active at a few Chelsea forums and I do not see Chelsea fans throwing shade at Mount.
It's mostly on twitter but that place is full of little trolls with their little agendas, you have to sift through a lot shit to find any genuinely held opinions.

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
It's mostly on twitter but that place is full of little trolls with their little agendas, you have to sift through a lot shit to find any genuinely held opinions.
The average Twitter fan is about 16 and gets most of their football knowledge from FIFA and YouTubers. Mount’s never even done a rabona so of course he’s crap.

kidbob

For Chelsea he is more than fine and a very good player for them, basically a better version of Lingard, which is a very useful player. For England he gets abuse because he has for a long time kept Grealish out of the team and Jack is the best player in the League so he should be starting for England. Foden is now largely looming too now. That's not Mount's fault thought it's the fact that Southgate seems allergic to being too attacking, which is crazy considering the options England has there. Mount would be one of the first sub options for England for me though and a definite starter for Chelsea right now. Way better than either player brought in from Germany so far.

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
For Chelsea he is more than fine and a very good player for them, basically a better version of Lingard, which is a very useful player. For England he gets abuse because he has for a long time kept Grealish out of the team and Jack is the best player in the League so he should be starting for England. Foden is now largely looming too now. That's not Mount's fault thought it's the fact that Southgate seems allergic to being too attacking, which is crazy considering the options England has there. Mount would be one of the first sub options for England for me though and a definite starter for Chelsea right now. Way better than either player brought in from Germany so far.
This isn’t really true though. When Grealish wasn’t in the England squad it was back in the first half of 2019-20 when he wasn’t anywhere near the best player in the league. He’s been a regular for England this season when he has been in excellent form.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Best player in the team. Big character, growing into a leader. So good tonight.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
He’s so damn good man. England really have such a promising group of players.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Best player in the team. Big character, growing into a leader. So good tonight.
And hugely versatile as well. Can play as an 8 on either side, a 10 on either side, as a false 9, or even as a 6 in a pinch.

He needs to watch film of Bruno all day and every day - they're the same archetype of player, but Mount needs to work more on his finishing and off-ball movement.

tomaldinho1

If he had top end pace, he'd be world class already. Will be really interesting to see how/if he can fit into an England team with Grealish & Foden

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
If he had top end pace, he'd be world class already. Will be really interesting to see how/if he can fit into an England team with Grealish & Foden
If England go away from the 3 at the back, they could all fit nicely with Grealish on the left, Foden on the right, and Mount as a left sided 8.

I think it's less an issue of fit for England as it is the fact that they have too much talent in wide and attacking midfield to all be in the team without it being disjointed. I suspect Mount might get a spot ahead of either down to his versatility and immense workrate defensively, and inevitably he'll receive a bucketload of unwarranted stick if / when England hit a speedbump.

tomaldinho1

If England go away from the 3 at the back, they could all fit nicely with Grealish on the left, Foden on the right, and Mount as a left sided 8.

I think it's less an issue of fit for England as it is the fact that they have too much talent in wide and attacking midfield to all be in the team without it being disjointed. I suspect Mount might get a spot ahead of either down to his versatility and immense workrate defensively, and inevitably he'll receive a bucketload of unwarranted stick if / when England hit a speedbump.
If I were coach, I could fit them in, see below. I call it the 'Give the fans their money's worth'

Grealish--Rashford--Kane--Sterling--Sancho
------------------Mount-------------Foden----------------
------------------------------- Rice----------------------------
------------------- Maguire -- Stones--------------------
----------------------------- Pope------------------------------

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
If I were coach, I could fit them in, see below. I call it the 'Give the fans their money's worth'

Grealish--Rashford--Kane--Sterling--Sancho
------------------Mount-------------Foden----------------
------------------------------- Rice----------------------------
------------------- Maguire -- Stones--------------------
----------------------------- Pope------------------------------
I'd definitely pay decent money to see that lineup! You've got my vote for England boss, mate!

RooneyLegend

Good game and all that but he's quite inefficient in attack. Replace him with Sancho in that game and Pool get a spanking.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Good game and all that but he's quite inefficient in attack. Replace him with Sancho in that game and Pool get a spanking.
And Chelsea are far more open in transition so Liverpool might have snatched a goal or two back - Sancho is really quite poor defensively as a winger and I would think he'd be even worse tracking back in a more central role. The value of Mount is his all around game both on and off the ball - much like Bruno, who is also an extremely diligent worker out of possession.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
We have another version of him in Conor Gallagher (on loan at West Brom) who similarly faced a big challenge to keep his place with a new manager mid season and has done it with ease.

Hopefully he gets a shot next season.

RooneyLegend

And Chelsea are far more open in transition so Liverpool might have snatched a goal or two back - Sancho is really quite poor defensively as a winger and I would think he'd be even worse tracking back in a more central role. The value of Mount is his all around game both on and off the ball - much like Bruno, who is also an extremely diligent worker out of possession.
There are a lot of defensive players in that Chelsea side, they aren't conceding goals cause an attacker isn't tracking back.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
There are a lot of defensive players in that Chelsea side, they aren't conceding goals cause an attacker isn't tracking back.
Against most opponents sure, not against Liverpool where the bulk of their creative threat is through their fullbacks. Mount's work on TAA was immense in keeping him quiet all night.

cyberman

Playing well but you need more than Mount if you want to challenge for league titles.

redrobed

How much would he cost? Can’t see him wanting to be a backup to Bruno but if we can get a proper decent DM to the point we can have one rather than 2 maybe he could slot in alongside him?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Could one of you youngsters explain this? Some shit from a cartoon?

I’m no youngster but didn’t mount say in post match that zouma is always watching Anime so I guess this is an anime super power or something

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

Apparently he and Chilwell are close and they're always watching Zouma watch anime - so they'd resolved to do this sort of celebration in the event either scored to give Zouma a shout out.

Cast5

Lampard picks Mount = Mount is a bad player and only gets picked because he’s English.

Tuchel picks Mount = Wow Mount is a great player.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
Jeez, how old are you, mate? :D

Manga series from 1984 onwards, turned into anime in 1989.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Really like him and how he's developing into a real standout performer for them. Even under Lampard, he was their most consistent. Always trying and working hard is a massive bonus on top.