Mata | Mourinho says it's just a Mata of time

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Some of it. obviously the respectable figure part. Results are more important though and in that respect we have been better and more solid without Mata. Less attractive of course, but I didnt want us to regress down Arsenals route(before this season) of attractiveness over substance. If he were going to PSG or back to Spain I would be sad on a personal level but not on a competitive one. The fact he is going to United, especially after the Rooney saga is a bit bothersome though, he will take you up a level that IMO makes you favourites for the top 4.
Mata, Ozil or Silva?

DevilRed

-------De Gea-------
---Rio-------Jones---
Rafael------------Evra--
---Cleverley--Rooney---
---Mata-------Kagawa---
-----Welbz----RvP----------

Oh I think I did a sex wee.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
-------De Gea-------
---Rio-------Jones---
Rafael------------Evra--
---Cleverley--Rooney---
---Mata-------Kagawa---
-----Welbz----RvP----------
MOYES

Oh I think I did a sex wee.
I think I've done a laughter wee. ;)

Adebesi

I must say Kagawa is going to have a hard time getting into the side if all the others are playing well. Januzaj already looks more deserving of a place, I agree with Surf. And I like Kagawa. But the competition is good. And chances are we'll rarely have them all fit together anyway. Until RVP is back I'd like to see Rooney up top with Mata, Kagawa and Januzaj behind.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I think it's pretty hard to distinguish between Mata, Ozil and Silva. All incredible players. My feeling on Ozil is that there are some questions about his temperament. It's been suggested that he was work shy when he was at Madrid and was a little too fond of the nightlife. Silva is a player I hugely admire, yet lacks season long consistency so far. That isn't to say he can't get it. Mata is a player who I don't have any reservations about, with the exception of his underwhelming desire to track back. But that's an accusation that can be labeled at all 3, so somewhat moot in a comparison. I think talent wise they are all there or thereabouts the same. How effective they will be, will come down to who they are surrounded with and how they are utilized.

Adebesi

I think it's pretty hard to distinguish between Mata, Ozil and Silva. All incredible players. My feeling on Ozil is that there are some questions about his temperament. It's been suggested that he was work shy when he was at Madrid and was a little too fond of the nightlife. Silva is a player I hugely admire, yet lacks season long consistency so far. That isn't to say he can't get it. Mata is a player who I don't have any reservations about, with the exception of his underwhelming desire to track back. But that's an accusation that can be labeled at all 3, so somewhat moot in a comparison. I think talent wise they are all there or thereabouts the same. How effective they will be, will come down to who they are surrounded with and how they are utilized.
Mourinho said Ozil was workshy but then he said the same about Mata didn't he?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Mourinho said Ozil was workshy but then he said the same about Mata didn't he?
Not quite what I meant. Perhaps I didn't explain myself well enough. Yes, he questioned both players work rate on the field but Ozil's general professionalism and training aptitude was called into question too. As far as I am aware, Mata has only been praised for his excellent attitude.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That bastard :mad:

Somehow having Mata would be great for Kagawa as we'll finally have the players to keep the ball and play in tight spaces.
I think so. Really interesting in seeing how he plays with the likes of Kagawa, Januzaj and Nani. Of course Rooney and rvp too.

Skorenzy

:lol:

Beat him in 'dribbles'.

That stat can feck off for a start.

Well, whatever you want to make of the stat, by simply watching all 4 of them play you should be able to tell that Mata consistently dribbles far less than the others (esp. Cazorla and Özil). That's not a criticism of Mata, just an observation on their playing styles and skillset.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Wish we had Scholes still playing with the likes of Mata and Kagawa playing ahead of him. That would be sexy.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Sky Sports News reporter James Cooper has just provided a latest update on the Juan Mata to Manchester United situation.
''The wait will have to go on for Manchester United fans.They've waited 48 hours and they might have to wait another 48 hours. There will be no medical or signing tonight, it possibly won't happen tomorrow and it may not happen until Sunday.''

hp88

Don't think it's going to happen until Chelsea complete the Salah deal.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Getting a tiny bit annoyed at the delays. Granted I only really pay close attention to United transfer stories but it always seems delay...wait....hold on....sooon.....

And by always I mean only those transfers I care to remember right now, forgetting all the other ones that did not go like this at all.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Seems stupid, Mourinho has said the deal is happening. We may as well just announce it now.

Getsme

If Sky Sports are to be believed it's either Mourinho lying or we have fecked up somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.