g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Match Day Update: Lineup Prediction League Table now available, and more

SirAF

Ageist
So, are we resetting the scores for the first proper match?

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
So, are we resetting the scores for the first proper match?
Ok I'm being swayed by the reset crowd, especially as this is an automated version of @Big-Red 's game after all.

So I'll probably reset the league table when the season starts and make an announcement about it.

It's the fairest solution.
Last update I think

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Can the rating system be altered to give scores between 0 and 10? We have a number of players who don't deserve a 1.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Can the rating system be altered to give scores between 0 and 10? We have a number of players who don't deserve a 1.
No. Stooopid question as LVG would say.

Momochiru

@Niall, I thought the lineup prediction counts all player you guessed right, no matter if they started or came in as substitutes. I had Mata as a starter, he came in as a substitute, but he is not being counted. Is it supposed to be like that or is that a bug?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
@Niall, I thought the lineup prediction counts all player you guessed right, no matter if they started or came in as substitutes. I had Mata as a starter, he came in as a substitute, but he is not being counted. Is it supposed to be like that or is that a bug?
No, that's correct.

If a player you've chosen for the starting XI is a substitute during the actual match, there are no points for this.
If you chose Mata for your starting 11 AND as a sub, you would have got 1 point.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I'm also slightly confused how the scoring system works.

What is the maximum score available? Is it 14 or 11? I got 11 points, but all 14 of my starters/sub picks played, so I expected 14 points.

Some people have more than 66 points after 6 matches so it must be possible to get more than 11. :confused:

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
I'm also slightly confused how the scoring system works.

What is the maximum score available? Is it 14 or 11? I got 11 points, but all 14 of my starters/sub picks played, so I expected 14 points.

Some people have more than 66 points after 6 matches so it must be possible to get more than 11. :confused:
The maximum you can get is 14 points per match
That is by predicting all 11 starters and all three substitutes

If you pick correctly 8 starters and your 3 substitutes also start you only get 8 points

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
The maximum you can get is 14 points per match
That is by predicting all 11 starters and all three substitutes

If you pick correctly 8 starters and your 3 substitutes also start you only get 8 points
Doesn't make sense that, how did I get 11 points then, I put Mata in as a starter but he came on as a sub, so I should have 10 points, shouldn't I? You only get points for predicting subs if you have already predicted all the starters?

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Doesn't make sense that, how did I get 11 points then, I put Mata in as a starter but he came on as a sub, so I should have 10 points, shouldn't I? You only get points for predicting subs if you have already predicted all the starters?
What was your full prediction?

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Starting XI
Substitutes
Just got Shaw wrong didn't I, Smalling came on instead? Otherwise, Mata was a sub not a starter and RvP a starter not a sub.

I got a point for Januzaj, but not for Mata or RvP.
As Mata didn't start and all the others did - you got 10 points plus you got 1 point for Januzaj coming on = total 11pts

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I've moved the closing time for predictions to 1 hour before kick-off to give people a chance to get their predictions in. Will close it just before 2pm.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Little bug. It's showing 0 players 0 points and I actually have 11 out of 11 correct.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Yep the score calculation didn't run when the lineups were announced. Sorry for that.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Is the players rating system based on total score? I don't think it's the most effective option, since the number of played games becomes more important than the actual performance. De Gea will always be on top. Could it be changed to an average rating system with a set number of minimum appearances (for example - total games of the team so far / 2)? I'm just asking if it's possible, no idea how to do it.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Is the players rating system based on total score? I don't think it's the most effective option, since the number of played games becomes more important than the actual performance. De Gea will always be on top. Could it be changed to an average rating system with a set number of minimum appearances (for example - total games of the team so far / 2)? I'm just asking if it's possible, no idea how to do it.
Yeah that list is a bit crap right now, it needs a better weighting system. Happy to change it if someone can suggest a good formula for it?

@Niall

Any chance this could be fixed, somewhat irrationally, it annoys me, I sense i won't be alone, to the little things that annoy thread

Sb_16

Davide Petrruci has been released by the club, hasn't he? Maybe you could replace his slot with Pearson, Rothwell is an option already.