Match Day Update: Lineup Prediction League Table now available, and more

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
A few updates to the Match Day section have been released:

** UPDATED **

Opt-out of Voting

For Man of the Match and Player Ratings you can now choose to postpone or forfeit your vote for that match.

You can opt-out for 6 hours and the voting form will return after that. So for example, if you are waiting to see highlights of the match in the evening, this is a good option to choose.

If you choose not to vote at all, you won't see the voting form again for this match.

When you opt-out, the voting forms will be replaced by the Man of the Match and Player Rating results.

** Original Updates **

Lineup Prediction League Table

Quite a few people have been asking for this so here it is.

@Amadaeus @Friction @Turamb @Callum93 @Paul the Wolf and @Vivek* are leading the way so far!

The full league table is here.

Recent Results

Highest Rated Players

These are all accessible via the Match Day homepage.

Last edited:

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
I'm on page 4 out of 15, good enough.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Feck, @Niall is 5th no chance of the table being reset for competitive games

RustyS

I'm thinking a sortable "Points Per Game" column would be nice. It doesn't make a lot of sense to compare someone with 15 predictions and someone with 10

On the other hand, I guess it encourages people to make predictions in every game the way it is now.

Great work either way.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
PL, FA Cup, League Cup, all together, or separated?
All together. But having mini-leagues for each competition may be good too but it can wait until later in the season.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
All together. But having mini-leagues for each competition may be good too but it can wait until later in the season.
Probably best that way. And mini leagues would make sense if we progress a bit. :D

Per any chance planning to track those who guess the correct score as well?

In any case, looking great!

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Probably best that way. And mini leagues would make sense if we progress a bit. :D

Per any chance planning to track those who guess the correct score as well?

In any case, looking great!
Yeah a score prediction league will probably be added at some point.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Joint 11th with 25 points. Not bad. I'm like a fringe player, just making it into the team. Probably all downhill from here.

Last edited:

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Im also on 31 points just underneath Niall. but he decided to cut the screen shot after his name

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Some more updates for anyone who has already read the first post:

** UPDATED **

Opt-out of Voting

For Man of the Match and Player Ratings you can now choose to postpone or forfeit your vote for that match.

You can opt-out for 6 hours and the voting form will return after that. So for example, if you are waiting to see highlights of the match in the evening, this is a good option to choose.

If you choose not to vote at all, you won't see the voting form again for this match.

When you opt-out, the voting forms will be replaced by the Man of the Match and Player Rating results.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
Damn didn't know it was counting for friendlies. Usually start with the Shield / League :(
There might be a market for the Big-Red Lineups game after all :lol:

@Niall might be a standalone site ;)

kps88

Yeah if I had known this was happening I would have started earlier. Can't be bothered now against those who have had a head start.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Yeah if I had known this was happening I would have started earlier. Can't be bothered now against those who have had a head start.
That's loser talk. Winners take on the challenge even against all odds.

What would Fergie think of such an attitude, or LVG?! :)

Plenty of games to catch up!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I wasn't planning on it no.
Ah crap, I thought the preseasons was just some sort of beta trail before the competitive games start so didn't bother doing them.

It seems a bit daft adding them to the seasons tally when it's completely random with 9 substitutions happening each game and the youngsters getting starts.

Motivation to join in is completely killed.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Ah crap, I thought the preseasons was just some sort of beta trail before the competitive games start so didn't bother doing them.

It seems a bit daft adding them to the seasons tally when it's completely random with 9 substitutions happening each game and the youngsters getting starts.

Motivation to join in is completely killed.
I can see people's point on this. I wasn't clear up front about it and the rules don't quite work for preseason anyway.

Easy enough to exclude preseason games from the league table.

Shall I put it to a vote?

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
I can see people's point on this. I wasn't clear up front about it and the rules don't quite work for preseason anyway.

How come most people understood, just a bit of sour grapes, if others managed to predict well enough why can't everyone else who didn't bother

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports

Vote
How come most people understood, just a bit of sour grapes, if others managed to predict well enough why can't everyone else who didn't bother
Well tbh, its not just that, the lineups have been out for each game well in advance too for those who left it late enough.