Matheus Nunes | agrees to go to wolves

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
An alternative to Frenkie being touted for a move --- Sporting's midfielder Matheus Nunes. Portuguese newspaper Correio do Manha claims United are considering making a move for Nunes, while there is also said to be interest from City.

Choices of videos with different background music:

Tarrou

looks like a tidy little player

would probably cost a fair bit I imagine

Jibbs

Frankie and him will form a great midfield partnership

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
looks like a tidy little player

would probably cost a fair bit I imagine
Think he’s got like a 51 million release clause but we could probably get him for about 40.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I’ve made a thread on him. Pep loved him and gave him big praise.

He is very good and I hope he stays at least one more year.

AussieDevil

Really talented player, pretty sure he has only played 2 full seasons of top flight football at 23 though, so not as experienced as you'd like him to be by his age. However, every player develops differently and I wouldnt be opposed us going after him if we can get him for 25-30m.

sglowrider

Think he’s got like a 51 million release clause but we could probably get him for about 40.
At little less that what we paid for Bruno? I think closer to 30m is fair considering how much they paid for him too.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
I really like the way he plays, my judgement might not be the best when it comes to him.
If management think he is good enough to play for United I’d have high expectations. Believe he is capable of reaching great heights with us.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Really want us to sign this player! We need to be smart and think outside of the box and take a risk with these types of signings! Only thing is he’s more a box to box so we’d still need a DM with him.

Grande

An alternative to Frenkie being touted for a move --- Sporting's midfielder Matheus Nunes. Portuguese newspaper Correio do Manha claims United are considering making a move for Nunes, while there is also said to be interest from City.

Choices of videos with different background music:

Every time I see a video that cuts before you see were the passes, shots and runs end up, I lose interest immediately.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Every time I see a video that cuts before you see were the passes, shots and runs end up, I lose interest immediately.
That's why I asked if he is a good passer. Nearly everything in that clip is a dribble followed by a cut to the next dribble.

SportingCP96

Supports
Found @SportingCP96 's thread on him, thought I'd link it: https://www.redcafe.net/threads/matheus-nunes-sporting-cp.468961/

Sounds and looks like a de Jong alternative, with his close control, array of feints and love of the deep left half space. Probably doesn't operate from quite as deep as Frenkie, but looks like a midfielder who can get the ball through the lines and up the pitch.
He’s a box to box player with a work horse engine. Think of him as a more technically gifted and much better passer then Renato Sanches but not as physically imposing.

BerryBerryShrew

He’s a box to box player with a work horse engine. Think of him as a more technically gifted and much better passer then Renato Sanches but not as physically imposing.
If he operates as a B2B and has a great on.pitch work ethic, could he work alongside FDJ in midfield as opposed to being an alternative to him?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Struggling to believe any report out of Portugal. We're poised to bid for half the league at this point.

SportingCP96

Supports
Struggling to believe any report out of Portugal. We're poised to bid for half the league at this point.
He’s stated he wants to stay so I don’t seem him leaving this summer.

SportingCP96

Supports
If he operates as a B2B and has a great on.pitch work ethic, could he work alongside FDJ in midfield as opposed to being an alternative to him?
I believe so as FDJ is a very different player.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Looks extremely technically skilled and composed under the press, which is a fair amount going by this video.
Nice weight and variety in his passing and seems tenacious and full of running without the ball.

Hate to say it but he looks like the type of player who'd fit in seamlessly at Liverpool under Klopp.

sglowrider

Really talented player, pretty sure he has only played 2 full seasons of top flight football at 23 though, so not as experienced as you'd like him to be by his age. However, every player develops differently and I wouldnt be opposed us going after him if we can get him for 25-30m.
He didn't develop in an academy if I am not mistaken -- so he has a streetballer mentality. The question is could he fit in a more systems/regimented approach that ETH would employ?

SportingCP96

Supports
He didn't develop in an academy if I am not mistaken -- so he has a streetballer mentality. The question is could he fit in a more systems/regimented approach that ETH would employ?
Ya he was never formed in a legit academy and is just a naturally gifted street baller who Sporting picked up at Estoril. Up until 19 he was still working at his mothers bakery. His trajectory has been fantastic so far.

His natural ability was very eviden and all that was needed was for him to be coached and developed tactically which he has done very well with Amorim.

OpenIntrovert

He is an attacking midfielder, which we already have tons here (Bruno, Van De Beek, Fred, Pereira, Hannibal and even Sancho). De Jong has the ability to defend and hold possession which is a key attribute for a CM while Nunes attributes are more towards creativity, dribbling and forwarding possession. He does track back but it is not his key attribute.

sglowrider

Ya he was never formed in a legit academy and is just a naturally gifted street baller who Sporting picked up at Estoril. Up until 19 he was still working at his mothers bakery. His trajectory has been fantastic so far.

His natural ability was very eviden and all that was needed was for him to be coached and developed tactically which he has done very well with Amorim.
A central-mid Nani. Question will be if he is able to be disciplined enough for an ETH system in the middle of the park esp when he is going to base/build his entire approach around FDJ?

lenny_1248

I like him. Wondered why United do not consider him as a De Jong anternative (or maybe they do?). Would prefer him to Neves.
Good dribbling, good carrier of the ball, strong, powerful.