Matic to leave the club at the end of the season

Deery

Dreary
I’m glad he’s decided to leave, was a decent player but never blown me away. The past few games have shown he hasn’t really got it in him anymore, think retiring would suit him better.

All the best Nemanja..

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Never good enough unfortunately, except his first few weeks. Never a good fit to play a progressive football to start with, but what can you expect from Jose. A CM which never liked to track back and defend and who keeps the ball for ages before releasing. Speaks a lot about our team when he got so many games for us, when clearly his legs were ages ago. That was his biggest problem. He could not just play the game at the top level tempo any more.

Member 101269

It’s time, no fuss, the game moved on as he slowed down. I wish him well

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
One of my favourite players. It's a shame we couldn't justify his move with more silverware.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
That is how true pro does it. No leeching and getting money for nothing. He is aware that he can't keep up anymore and he will leave. Respect for his time here and respect for this decision

Varane around town

Always had massive respect for Matic.

He's a great professional and kudos to him for taking the decision himself.

Thought he was pretty good in his first season with us. Unfortunately it's undeniable that we've got him at the wrong point in his career. On his day and after a good rest he can look a good midfielder and it's no coincidence that some our better performances this year (slim pickings I accept) have come with Matic in the middle.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Always liked Nemanja. Top pro with great attributes... And one of the few players in the squad who realises you can actually zip passes into people with pace.

Good luck to him!

jesperjaap

Wasnt that excited when we signed him, but I think he has been one of the few successful signings we have made. "never good enough" comments I disagree with, thought he was really good his first couple of seasons, shae we got him right at his peak and not a few years earlier.

Surprised he is still palying and playing well for us as he looked absolutely shot a year or two back. He is literally the only player we have can play properly in the pivot, wish him well but in a way glad he is leaving now before he really is shot and it then makes it all the more important we do sign a defensive midfielder this summer

Skills

Snitch
One of those "back the manager" signings which fecked us long term.

The club had spent years scouting Fabinho, but Mourinho wanted his own man who was obsolete after 6 months

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Shame we didn’t sign him before we did, he was a top player. In fact a 26 year old Matic is just what we need.

pascell

If only we managed to get him when he was at Benfica.

He's been a good player for us, his legs just don't have it in them for the pace of the PL anymore.

Idxomer

He's been a classy guy and will leave the club in a classy way.

Will be useful to compare his leaving announcement and reception, with what happens when others leave...
It will tell more about the fans considering he's been as much a failure as the others.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Good luck Nemanja! Always appreciated his professionalism and contributions to the team. Shame we didn't get him in his prime.

rk4utd

No doubt that Chelsea saw him at hi best and we got the run out to his career. Seems a decent bloke but has been too slow and ponderous for the premier league elite level for at least 2 years. It’s looking like we will be down to Mcfred(!) and whatever new midfielders we bring in this summer. Feels like 1 step forward 2 steps back again - or the fresh start we have craved for 10 years may finally happen….I can but live in hope.

arnie_ni

Don't think I ever really appreciated how good he was but you can even see it when he plays for us. He must have been class for Chelsea on reflection

M Bison

Supports
York City
Correct move for everyone concerned. Not a particularly good signing, has always looked past-it to me, ever since he joined.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Good, nothing personal it’s just that the more players guaranteed to leave the greater likelihood of replacements coming in. Don’t want the club trying to half arse this summer rebuild with three incomings, we need a minimum of four and the more of these overpaid squad players that leave right now the better.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Classy guy. Wish him all the best for the future. One of the few likeable ones left in the squad.

432JuanMata

About time, he has looked finished for a while.
Absolutely has been finished for 2 years and the fact that he is still our best CDM and we never signed a replacement for him tells you all you need to know about how we are as a club.

Wish him the best was brilliant when we first signed him but age caught up

Paul_Scholes18

Good, nothing personal it’s just that the more players guaranteed to leave the greater likelihood of replacements coming in. Don’t want the club trying to half arse this summer rebuild with three incomings, we need a minimum of four and the more of these overpaid squad players that leave right now the better.
4? I think we need 6-7 or the academy need to step up or 5-6 if Ronaldo stays.

2 central midfielders, 2 strikers, 1 winger, 1 fullback, 1 goalkeeper potentially.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
4? I think we need 6-7 or the academy need to step up or 5-6 if Ronaldo stays.

2 central midfielders, 2 strikers, 1 winger, 1 fullback, 1 goalkeeper potentially.
I think Ronaldo and DeGea will both stay one more season but I would be happy to see them leave this summer. Massively overpaid and we will struggle to shift either.

redmanx

That is how true pro does it. No leeching and getting money for nothing. He is aware that he can't keep up anymore and he will leave. Respect for his time here and respect for this decision
Hes been a very good servant and was always loyal to the club and supporters; I wish him well.

honirelandboy

There was a reason Chelsea got rid of him and Mata and went onto win multiple trophies year upon year after they left. Two more failures that our board sanctioned.

RuudTom83

Appreciate the lowkey no drama approach...just done!

Thanks Matic, no bad words can be said about him.