Matt Judge... AKA Judge Dredd

No Love

If he’s in charge of negotiating transfers and we seemingly use intermediaries on every deal, what the feck does this guy actually do? Not trying to be funny, I’m genuinely curious.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Job for mates.

He's also most likely a complete feckin' moron too... And I'm sure you'll get people saying "well he can't be a moron if he's managed to be in the role he's in"... But I'm sure many people in here have first hand experience of working in huge companies where some of the people in top jobs are totally clueless and basically lucked into where they are.

Russky14

As an accountant (but not a corporate banker) I can assure you that accountants are not the best at negotiating anything! And in my experience ex PWC boys are just complete sycophants of the highest order!

Cliche Guevara

Matthew Judge, is a footballer who plays for Thurrock in the Conference South as a striker. Judge was with Tottenham Hotpsur for five seasons before joining Luton Town. He scored his only senior goal for Luton in a Football League Trophy game against Stevenage Borough.
I remember you posting that transfer tweet when he signed for Luton.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So Matt Judge is a finance man with Financial background but is still not able to trade the players.

No wonder he left Financial Cut Throat Business.
It means nothing if the finance man has no knowledge about player's transfer value. It's like asking someone who has degree in finance and big fan of NBA to do football transfer.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
According to Wikipedia:

Matthew Judge, is a footballer who plays for Thurrock in the Conference South as a striker. Judge was with Tottenham Hotpsur for five seasons before joining Luton Town. He scored his only senior goal for Luton in a Football League Trophy game against Stevenage Borough.
Wow, why is he still so bad at his job.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Matt Judge can only be described as a baffoon.
He is the kind of man who would find a way of paying double/triple for a bar of chocolate at Tesco's self service machine.
You'd think that all he has to do is scan the item once then pay. Judge would find a way to overpay.
Signing up Phil Jones on a heft contract. If it were me, I'd go for a pay as you play contract, but this probably didn't cross his mind.
He signed up so many of our players on high wages that we struggle to sell them, because of the amount of money we pay them. Why should those players join another club, who will pay a lower wage?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Let's not judge him till we know the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
Oh I assure you. I know the full truth. And therefore, I Judged him.
Consider him guilty for the crimes against MUFC.
Consider him ... MATT JUDGED!!!

sunama

Baghdad Bob
We have football men involved in transfers too.

Why are all these united fans always making shit up?

They sure might be shit at their jobs, will be the same as your posts and knowledge of the subject then.
The only problem with your statement is that if I (or anybody) makes a shit post, it doesn't do much harm.
With guys like Matt Judge so bad at their job, they end up renewing the contract of people like Phil Jones who are as much use as a condom with a hole in it.
Make no bones about it - Matt Judge is proven to be terrible at his job. Then can be no debating this point.

Crustanoid

He’s an utter moron. I imagine if Woody ever gets the boot, his job life expectancy will reduce to microseconds

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Would prefer Judge Rinder at the club

Foxbatt

He should be judged on the players he tried to buy and failed miserably. He should be sacked along with Woodward.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He and Woodward have no business being employed by the club.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
That photo looks like some kind of cross between Martin Clunes and Neil Morrissey.

My head hurts now.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Evra says he hasn't been answering his phone.
hes probably too busy monitoring the sancho situation to pick up....

nobody else would employ these guys on the football/contract side based on all the evidence up to now. The only other thing I can think of is basically all of the first team decisions are being made by the massively indecisive/don’t have a clue about football glazers in America (Total guess but it’s possible the solidly performing academy has some level of autonomy and a set annual budget Which would cut out the need for glazers management on a lot of issues) it’s possible Woodward and Judge are being made look like absolute idiots year after year while the glazers dither on everything or make mostly bad calls and they are taking the stick because they are way more visible and easy to vent at. Just a theory. I want Woodward out either way.

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That's a half information. It's only one sport director's complain. Context is important. Like why would a sport director complain to Evra? Evra doesn't have any official role with the Club. If that director called and left message, why wouldn't Judge called back if he thought that's on his interest?

I think Evra is great, and was such a fantastic player, who still lives the club, but clearly he’s also a spanner (and a wrench)!short of a toolbox. We need to take what he says with a massive pinch of salt.

Let’s remember this is a man who kisses raw chickens.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Manchester United employee ridiculed in paper partially owned by their nosey noisy neighbour's owner. Shocks.
City benefit mostly from United retaining the status quo. If I were a rival fan I'd hope to see everyone in their jobs here as long as possible.

He deserved to be savaged.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
I have him on LinkedIn with Richard Arnold. Both haven't responded to my letter.

Too busy missing calls from Sporting Directors so they are unlikely to take mine. Tit Bags.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I don't know what is this guy doing seriously. I don't have issue for us not getting our the targets, but to even drag every transfer saga too long and end up not getting the targets is terrible. The left back situation is one of the good example how shocking this guy is. Reguilon was the main target for the left back, okay I love how we didn't accept Real Madrid's term for the buy back clause but why didn't we move on to the next one then? Why did we need to wait until Spurs secured the transfer? If he knows what he is doing then he should know that by just waiting will not make Real to change their mind, we could move on to an alternative like Jamal Lewis was available for 16m euro or Telles.

Good example from Liverpool, their original target was to sign left back Lewis, as soon as they know Norwich won't reduce their asking price, they moved on to the another alternative as soon as possible less than a week. Liverpool dragged the Thiago's saga too long but they got him. Their negotiator and their recruitment team know when they need to move on and when they can drag it too long. In additional, they also know how to sell deadwood. On the other hand, our recruitment team & negotiator are the total opposite.

matt10000

Oh I assure you. I know the full truth. And therefore, I Judged him.
Consider him guilty for the crimes against MUFC.
Consider him ... MATT JUDGED!!!
What is the full truth about judge? It may help the thread a bit as most people like me have heard the name judge and job title but can’t judge judge as we do bot have the full truth to judge judge on

ravi2

Some of you must know Matt Judge really well to have these well-formed opinions of him as a person.
His performance over the years speaks for itself. He had zero transfer experience before he took the role and MUFC is suffering because of it.
He and Woodward should not be involved in the footballing side of the club at all.

crossy1686

career ending
His performance over the years speaks for itself. He had zero transfer experience before he took the role and MUFC is suffering because of it.
He and Woodward should not be involved in the footballing side of the club at all.
Well, it doesn't really does it? I find the whole vilification of one single person to be about as close to the dark ages as football fandom gets. Let me put this in a perspective people can understand.

The issue with United is the process or the policy of buying/selling players, not a single person or thing.

For example:

I live alone, I wish to purchase a new TV at the end of this month. I am the only person involved in the purchasing process, it's my money, I get the final say in what happens. Job done.

Alternatively, I live with 5 other people, all of which have equal or more say on what the group funds get spent on. So although I would be happy to purchase a TV for the household, others may decide that there is better value elsewhere, perhaps a second-hand TV or a lesser model. On top of that, the purchase can't go ahead until we all come to an agreement on it. I'm also the person that's tasked with buying the TV still so it makes me look incompetent because as a group we can't all agree on the value of said TV.

The issue at United is that we have a committee of people who get to veto a deal at any point if they feel it's not value for money, with Joel also wanting to know why said player is worth £120m of the clubs funds. We have too many business-minded people who don't understand player valuation in general. In short, the money people run the club, not the football people.

peridigm

I didn't realize Pogba was his first deal since taking over player signings and contracts. He's had a horrific track record since then. If he is indeed the one who negotiates these deals, he should be fired immediately. Yes, the owners ultimately have to green light the deal but he would do better to not negotiate to the fees he has.

RORY65

I didn't realize Pogba was his first deal since taking over player signings and contracts. He's had a horrific track record since then. If he is indeed the one who negotiates these deals, he should be fired immediately. Yes, the owners ultimately have to green light the deal but he would do better to not negotiate to the fees he has.
His LinkedIn (apparently his: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/matthew-judge-13853822) describes his roles as follows:
Managing Manchester United's equity and debt capital structure - three equity offerings incl. the IPO, totalling over $450m; and three debt refinancings ($1bn+) - debt private placement, term-loan and RCF. Also player negotiations (transfers and playing contracts).

peridigm

His LinkedIn (apparently his: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/matthew-judge-13853822) describes his roles as follows:
Managing Manchester United's equity and debt capital structure - three equity offerings incl. the IPO, totalling over $450m; and three debt refinancings ($1bn+) - debt private placement, term-loan and RCF. Also player negotiations (transfers and playing contracts).
This says it all.