Matt O'Riley Celtic player

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Celtic have a few players we should be keeping an eye on.

Deery

Dreary
Looks a lot like a young Micheal Carrick in the way he plays, definitely quality won’t be at Celtic long.

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
O'Riley has been quality for us so far. His weight of pass, vision, touch and use of his body to sheild the ball and dribble are impressive. I do think one thing that might hold him back is his pace. He is very slow. Not sure how that would translate into a step up to a higher level as technically he is very good, we shall see a glimpse in Europe this year. In my opinion he can definitely go and join a upper half English Prem team and have stand out performances, but his pace might restrict him from the highest team also he can come off in matches absolutely gubbed, though he may just looked tired. We make heavy use of the 5 sub rule as an active tactic. Front three and att mids usually all subbed off around 60/70mins to keep the intensity up.

Bwuk

O'Riley has been quality for us so far. His weight of pass, vision, touch and use of his body to sheild the ball and dribble are impressive. I do think one thing that might hold him back is his pace. He is very slow. Not sure how that would translate into a step up to a higher level as technically he is very good, we shall see a glimpse in Europe this year. In my opinion he can definitely go and join a upper half English Prem team and have stand out performances, but his pace might restrict him from the highest team also he can come off in matches absolutely gubbed, though he may just looked tired. We make heavy use of the 5 sub rule as an active tactic. Front three and att mids usually all subbed off around 60/70mins to keep the intensity up.
Agree with all of this.

If we were after a Celtic player I’d want Jota.

davidmichael

From what I saw of yesterdays Old Firm game he looked amazing and especially for his age.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Anyone scoping the kid?

Hatate has been the standout player, for me. Celtic are dead on their feet now after burning themselves out.

Deery

Dreary
Yeah he’s been class, doesn’t look out of place against the European champions better than Jota.

avgp_1

Plays quite an advanced position doesn't he? Not a CM I would guess

davidmichael

Does anyone remember when Pirlo was seen as a 10 or advanced midfielder before he found his role as a world class deep lying playmaker ? That’s kind of how I see O’Riley although I’m not comparing him to Pirlo in terms of ability.

alexanderplatz

This lad has a great eye for a pass. Was impressed by some of his vision and his ability to move the ball forward without taking extra touches was quite good. Interested in seeing how he develops

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
Plays quite an advanced position doesn't he? Not a CM I would guess
He's a right/central attacking mid for us. Occupies the space on the right hand just outside the box and links with his right winger and full back (who comes into central midfeild). Due to our inverted wingbacks O'Riley will sometimes find himself out very wide like a winger. He played a great cross to Giakoumakis in the Glasgow Derby on Saturday , unfortunately Giakoumakis missed it.

MegadrivePerson

Looks like a really good player. Was almost as shocked as finding out that he's not Irish as when I found out the the Brighton player Mac Allister wasn't Scottish!

Boondog

Rake

Who the hell picks the music on these vids. If I was a player and my highlights were set to that shit music I'd hire a lawyer.

Also that add in-game on the sideboard that has the car driving on it messes with my mind.
You do understand that they have to use non copyrighted music for the videos? And not only that, but they have to use ones that will stay non copyrighted forever or their channel might be taken down.

Just mute the video and play your own music.

NoPace

In my opinion he can definitely go and join a upper half English Prem team and have stand out performances, but his pace might restrict him from the highest team also he can come off in matches absolutely gubbed, though he may just looked tired.
I'm slow and it's exhausting. You have to run a ton without the ball to avoid getting run at or into races when the ball comes closer.

Ekeke

Technique reminds me a bit of RVP at times. I think he'll go to Arsenal as they seem intent on building a full team of left footed players

Not sure he's a bigger talent than Abada who is a year younger. We'll see

A9X SJ

Boys a talent Celtic are going to struggle to keep him for another year I reckon…
Would walk into our Midfield got a eye for a pass and popping up with assists more this season

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
His pass for Kyogo's goal was so good. He's taking more responsibility this year and is keeping his intensity up for 90mins. Rodgers has brought him up a level in the shirt time he's worked with him.

Bwuk

He was very good tonight. Contract till 2027 so Celtic won’t be worried about him, but he could easily move to a top 8 English side imo.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Nah. I dont think Ange & O’Riley got on well. If Ange was there I think he’d of let him be sold when Leeds were sniffing.
I thought that was overblown by the media?

Andersonson

O'Riley was an England youth international. As well as England, he is eligible to represent Ireland, Denmark and Norway due to his mother's side of the family.

Bwuk

O'Riley was an England youth international. As well as England, he is eligible to represent Ireland, Denmark and Norway due to his mother's side of the family.
He's played for Denmark u21s as well. England the ages below.

If we didn't have so many bodies in midfield, I wouldn't be against us offering 20m this summer if he continues his trajectory. Danish linkup with him and Hojlund.

Ekeke

I think he looks a pretty good talent, but to be honest I've thought that about several players when I saw them play for a Scottish team and then they didnt really do that much. For example Edouard is only this season really establishing himself at Palace as a starter. I thought Christie could play for a top 6 club and he went to Bournemouth in the championship and now I'm not even that impressed with him for them. And when I saw Abada a few seasons ago for the first time I thought he looked a talent who a big club might want. And now O'Riley is doing better than him at the same age.

I guess its like the championship. There are players who are some of the best players for the season in a championship team that gets promoted, then they get in the premier league and they really struggle to make a case for being at that level. So who knows if O'Riley can adapt to the premier league