Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy_JukeZ

He was good, but he offers nothing going forward. Completely nothing. Need a better attacking LB.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Was great defensively. His form back end of last season to this game has been good

Zoo

I like him now. But Mourinho has to add something ahead of him on the left, Martial or Rashford but certainly not Lingard there.

Eddy_JukeZ

Problem is that he doesn't even try. There was a moment when we had the ball high up the pitch and a simple overlap was on and nothing.
Might be instructions from Mourinho.

Either way, even if he did overlap, he's just not creative in attack at all.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I thought he had a very good game defensively but he's a non-entity going forward.

Nothing new. Until Shaw returns, this is the level of threat from our left side.

kundalini

Far too many defensive errors for a player who offers very little going forward. Terrible defending when Casemiro's header hit the bar and weak clearance soon after.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Darmian does 2 or 3 good things per game, and the 4 or 5 shit things he does somehow get forgotten about.

Suedesi

As fullback he is not even on the same planet with Marcelo or Carvajal. His knees start trembling when he crosses the half-way line. Does he have an ankle bracelet that sends painful signals every time he goes forward?

Not a patch on Patrice Evra. Needs to be shipped off to Serie A asap, and needs to shave that stupid facial hair.

Suedesi

Also has an annoying habit of constantly fouling whoever he's marking on a corner. In the first half, during a corner, he was not even looking at the ball, but facing the other way he was just trying his best linebacker impression on Bale and could have cost us a penalty.

el3mel

Normal performance. Reliable defensively and non existent on the attack. He's the only one we have in the LB position that can do the job, though so we should keep starting him till we bring an upgrade.

LoneStar

We need a LB/LWB more than a left winger, who can provide width on the left. Players like Martial would benefit immensely with a FB who can overlap and provide width. Darmian simply does not offer that. Combine that with the fact that our left wingers are basically inside forwards, this makes the attack on the left side pretty much dead.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He had few good moments but he wasn't that good. He lost Casemiro when Casemiro hit the post, made 2 mistakes in few seconds with very poor clearance giving ball to Casemiro, he was sold dummy so easily by Lucas. For a player whose strength is defense, he isn't very good defensively at least to play as CB.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
He played alright yesterday but he's clearly not good enough. Had his back to the ball as one of their corners came in ffs, trying to man handle Casemiro who then hit the bar after easily beating little weak Darmian.

MadMike

Darmian did ok yesterday. Not great but not bad either. He had a couple of lapses but otherwise defended well.

As for those that keep mentioning that he offers nothing in attack... might as well tell us that pigs don't fly and that bears shit in the woods.

Personally I think he's more reliable defensively than Blind and while he offers less enterprise going forward he is also less likely to lose possession or feck up. If we were to keep one of the two as a defensive FB or LCB then my vote would go to the Italian.

Fracture90

He got skinned quite a lot tbh, pacey forwards are causing him the world of trouble.

Seems to me this 3-5-2 formation suits him as he's actually starting to go forward a bit, sending some crosses, something he isn't usually doing when playing in 4-3-2 / 4-2-3-1 formation where he needs to overlap with LW and have more defensive duties.

I'm curious to see how would he fare on the RB with Valencia playing RW in front of him.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He's improved a lot under Jose and I thought he did alright the other night but he has to be the worst attacking full back I've seen. He offers absolutely nothing going forward.

Stoke 2:2 Man Utd

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Absolutely dreadful. Worst player in our squad god knows how he keeps getting a game

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Don't think it was his fault. Looked like Bailly at fault to me.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is terrible, but from what I have seen goal was all on Bailly. Late for offside, and sleeping when marking his player.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Does feck all going forward & they've targeted him defensively. Very average player.

Skills

Snitch
Its funny, he's bought in for defensive stability today and he's the biggest defensive we've had so far this season.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
We are literally playing with 10 players when in posession.

Status
Not open for further replies.