Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Every time he gets the ball, he passes backwards. Bambi on ice with the ball.

I'm just hoping Shaw gets his shite together and comes good this season. Especially with Valencia looking quite poor on the other side.
He makes the correct plays. Usually when he has the ball he's pressed with few options to pass it because the ball has been switched with most players on the other side of the pitch.

He's not going to try and take a quicker man on and risk losing the ball to a counter attack in his position.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
He's had the ball plenty in time and space and hasn't managed one forward pass! No quality or confidence on the ball and hes at best average defensively!

When teams sit in your fullbacks make all the difference, Tony V has beaten players and put in 3/4 decent crosses, generally linked up with those around him. It's not scapegoating in anyway.
He's not in there to make runs like Valencia. His role is to bring balance and defend, which he's done fine so far.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Frustrating that he still starts games for us simply due to lack of other options. Offers nothing.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Honestly, are we genuinely happy with our defenders closing down wingers who are in behind with such little intensity? If so, our standards are way too feckin low.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Not as bad as Bailly but Bailly was so bad that it's easy to forget Darmian wasn't in line either.

LoneStar

He makes the correct plays. Usually when he has the ball he's pressed with few options to pass it because the ball has been switched with most players on the other side of the pitch.

He's not going to try and take a quicker man on and risk losing the ball to a counter attack in his position.
Yeah that's the problem. He doesn't offer anything going forward. We need someone who can provide width and overlap with the winger more often. We need a good LB, especially in games like this, where the opposition are very compact and width is needed.

Kag

"Bring balance and defend" doesn't mean play like a whopper and do absolutely fecking nothing.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Yeah that's the problem. He doesn't offer anything going forward. We need someone who can provide width and overlap with the winger more often. We need a good LB, especially in games like this, where the opposition are very compact and width is needed.
That's another thing entirely. Doesn't mean he should get shit for playing correctly.

No point in whining over needing a left back in September.

U99ted

Well played to cut out Jese there.

EDIT: Excellent interception leading to the goal!

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Great work in the build up to both goals. Redeeming himself.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
He's just not good enough, he's a better option than Blind but we need to be aiming higher. Everton level at best.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Sell him for that attempt alone. He is so so SO bad.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He's just not good enough, he's a better option than Blind but we need to be aiming higher. Everton level at best.
He's not, Darmian is easily the worst player in the squad.

Eddy_JukeZ

That's not the first time he's tried that long distance shit after a corner with almost all our players up.

It's just completely moronic.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
If you're gonna sell players for bad long shot attempts, Pogba would have been sold a hundred times over by us.
Am being facetious - obviously - but I see no quality from him whatsoever. Teams threaten down his side, and they can put out the lawn chairs when he is 'attacking'.

Feel terrible for Martial/Rashford as they watch him scurry by, knowing that a pass to him is basically returning possession.

el3mel

He deserves the credit for the second goal but other than this a terrible game in almost every aspect.

ash_86

His favored position is RB. No use in playing him off position and complaining about his delivery. His delivery has been good when he's been playing for Italy as a RB.

Get In Scholesy

He deserves the credit for the second goal but other than this a terrible game in almost every aspect.

I'd go with this. First goal was his fault. Wasn't on the other side of the field to back up Valencia's cross then on the way up he gives Diouf (i think) too much space which was found out. Didnt close down quick enough letting the cross come in leading to the goal.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
The amount of times he got the ball and just passed backwards was infuriating. A proper attacking left-footed left back would have done wonders today. He did really well for the 2nd goal, but that was his only positive contribution for us. Outweighed by the negatives.

Edit: Oh, and I'd completely forgotten about that time when we're going for a winner and rather than keep possession he decides he's going to pop one into the top corner from 35 yards. I'd love to see what he's done in training to make him think he's capable of that.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
I don't understand how someone can be so poor offensively as a professional footballer. I know his primary job is to defend but he has some great opportunities to attack from that left side and he offers nothing. He isnt the best defensibly either and he should be nowhere near our starting line up. Stick with Blind at LB or give Ashley Young a run there when he is fit.

stevoc

So he's back to being wank again it seems, oh well we shouldn't really be surprised. When i seen him in the starting line up my optimism before the game vanished.

I don't really mind when a player is crap like Darmian they can't really help being signed or played, as long as they play with a bit of heart you can't complain too much. But i honestly find it soul destroying having to watch such a coward with the ball play for Manchester United. Even more so that this is now his third year here and he has somehow survived 4 transfer windows, he wouldn't have lasted a season under Ferguson.

LoneStar

Useless player as a LB. Offers nothing. Most of Stokes chances came on that side. And he's too scared to come out of our own half. That pathetic attempt at goal pretty much sums up the player. Start Blind over him anyday.

Art

Art the artist
His physical attributes really isn't what we need from a fullback. We need a fullback that bombs down the left flank.

LoneStar

That's another thing entirely. Doesn't mean he should get shit for playing correctly.

No point in whining over needing a left back in September.
Except Blind does the same and still offers more in attack. Don't know why Jose suddenly started him over Blind.

FromTheBench

First goal was on Bailly not him.

But he is just a functional player. But ordinary.

Kostov

First goal was on Bailly not him.

But he is just a functional player. But ordinary.
How can a full-back be miles away from his winger and not be partly to blame for a goal that came after a cross from his side ? Although Bailly's defending was shambolic...

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
A 50% fit Shaw would have been more effective than Darmian today. Stoke so were so narrow off the ball, and so many times Darmian received the ball with acres of space to drive in to down the left wing, but instead he'd turn 90 degrees and play a pass back in to centre of midfield. So many times our midfield had the ball looking for a run, and it was always Valencia. Darmian never did the equivalent on his side. He barely stepped over the half way line. Even Blind, probably the slowest player we have, would have posed an infinitely greater threat. Ashley Young on crutches and a permanent mouthful of bird shit would have been more of a threat.

He made a few good defensive recoveries, but he just offers nothing going forwards when there are opportunities for him to attack the space and stretch Stoke. We often hear that Mourinho only wants one attacking full back, but surely he wouldn't ever instruct a full back to not attack when there is acres and acres of space and the opposition are caught short, of which there were a few occasions of that today. No chance.

Reminds me of Tom Cleverley. Constantly points to someone else instead of showing for a pass, never makes himself available via movement, and always seems to be standing behind an opposing player. I think he's a decent defender, would probably be fairly solid as an LCB or RCB of a back 3 like Azpi at Chelsea (bit not quite as good). He just can't be a full back when he is so blunt as an attacker or playmaker. Just an utterly uninspiring player to watch.

And those fecking sideburns. Sort your life out.

Status
Not open for further replies.