Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
Darmian is such a professional footballer, doesn't moan about lack of game time, trains properly and always puts in a decent display when called upon, hope he will have more game time this season in case we don't sell him in this transfer window.

youmeletsfly

Darmian is such a professional footballer, doesn't moan about lack of game time, trains properly and always puts in a decent display when called upon, hope he will have more game time this season in case we don't sell him in this transfer window.
He's italian. I find Italians to be more respectful and down to earth than other people, gentlemans.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Decent game other than that tackle he completely sold himself out. Probably trying to steer clear of injury to get his move this month.

Andersons Dietician

I picked him for MOTM thought he was great today and when he was striding forward he looked like something might happen. He had some really nice bits of play.

steakpie

He is a brilliant defender to be fair. Shame about his attacking play.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zoo

He was comfortable on the ball and competed well in the air but he also went missing out of the back 3 numerous times, not his fault as it’s not his position.

Rajma

I would honestly play him next to Victor against Spurs unless Smalling will be fit as Jones is a calamity and always gets done by Kane.

Based Adnan

Becoming fond of this lad. No moaning about lack of game time or not being allowed to leave in the summer, just cracks down and gets on with it.

My MOTM today.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Quite like him as an auxiliary centre back. Afterall, we know he can defend, but he's not the attacking fullback we want him to be. He brought the ball out from the back fairly well a few times though.

And he didn't punt anyone in the face or two-foot through anyone's shins, which seems to be a bonus for our calamitous lot.

Ban

This.

Sylar

Yep, agreed. I still would sell him at the end of the season and let him get first team football elsewhere, but he does a job for us whenever called upon.

Devil may care

Thought he was our 2nd best outfield player today, gotta hand it to him, he's a top pro in how he comes in cold and does solid defensive jobs for us.

stevoc

Granted it was Reading but he looks more comfortable at centre back than he does at fullback where he's mostly been terrible for us. The right side of a 3 man defence is probably his best position.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
He and Romero were very very good.

He's not a wing back and never has been. He can defend though that's why Italian clubs were interested in taking him back.

Maybe he can stay here as a CB.

Ace of Spades

MOTM for me. Always does a job when needed, even if he has not played a lot before being called.

Aloysius's Back 3

Granted it was Reading but he looks more comfortable at centre back than he does at fullback where he's mostly been terrible for us. The right side of a 3 man defence is probably his best position.
This is what I thought - & then I missed my boy Daley blind :(

Darmian - Smalling - Blind

Fullbacks on either side playing as central defenders

IrishRedDevil

‘He was the biggest plus today - he looked like he had played centreback for a while. I don’t think he put a foot wrong.’

Ole was impressed.

AgentP

It would be funny if we end this season with Lindelof and Darmian as our best CB partnership. Jones and Bailly both can't be depended upon. Smalling is the only one in the way of the most unlikeliest partnership.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
It would be funny if we end this season with Lindelof and Darmian as our best CB partnership. Jones and Bailly both can't be depended upon. Smalling is the only one in the way of the most unlikeliest partnership.
I'd definitely be keen to see more of him as a centre back in a back four. It can't be much worse than Bailly or Rojo, and to his credit he never seems to be injured, which seems to be a stumbling block for all our other CBs bar Lindelof so far.

He's always been a solid defender, it's worth a go. Maybe not against Spurs if actual CBs are fit though.

red4ever 79

Dd well again today. Played well in all games he has featured this season. Cannot for the life of me understand why Valencia has been above him in the pecking order this season, hopefully that has changed now with Ole having seen both live

stevoc

This is what I thought - & then I missed my boy Daley blind :(

Darmian - Smalling - Blind

Fullbacks on either side playing as central defenders
Personally i hope if he does play as part of a back 3 it's somewhere else.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I said in the post-match thread that Darmian did well and could arguably start against Spurs. It seems Ole was impressed too. He's a far cooler head than Jones.

RedIan

Also gave him MOM, steady defender and brought the ball out from the back well with one very nice run forward sticking in my memory. He is a solid full back defensively but does seem to lack that electric burst of pace modern wingbacks have these days.
Hes 6ft tall so tall for a full back but shorter than most centre halfs, is he good enough/dominant enough in the air to be a regular centre half? Phil jones is 5,11 but decent in the air but as a pairing they may struggle against a tall attacking team.

Status
Not open for further replies.