Matteo Darmian: 'Rashford can reach Mbappé level and win Ballon d'Or'

FujiVice

Rashford’s entire career so far has been spent in a United side that have been in different stages of turmoil. In a functional team with a few proper additions, I think Rashford is ready for his proper breakout once football resumes.
This guy gets it.

Dread Devil

Rashford’s entire career so far has been spent in a United side that have been in different stages of turmoil. In a functional team with a few proper additions, I think Rashford is ready for his proper breakout once football resumes.
Absolutely agree with this…Fair play to Van Gaal for giving him a break but then he had the turmoil of Mourinho, who kept playing mind games with our players…after that was a good period with Solsjkaer for a while until Ronaldo joined and then a total mess until Ten Hag took the reins….

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Wonder how highly we will rate Rashford as an academy graduate come the end of his career.

Will he reach the Best, Giggs, Scholes etc tier?

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Mbappe is at least 3 levels above Rashford
1. World class
2. Best in Premiership Class
3. Standard Premiership Class
4. Championship Class

So Rashford is Championship Level.
Fantastic post mate

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Rashford is doing incredibly well in his career given the lack of clear structure at the club since he came in.

In 4/5 years (and assuming he stays), there's every chance he'll be on 200+ goals with a load of winners medals in his collection. He could end up being regarded as one the club's best ever.

Threesus

Even Rooney couldn’t win it, and he peaked as a top 3 forward in the world in 2010. What makes you think rashford can win it?

We have a tendency to overrate our players. He is a decent player, that’s it.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
I doubt he'll win it. Players who have performed higher than him never won it.

Eddy_JukeZ

Even Rooney couldn’t win it, and he peaked as a top 3 forward in the world in 2010. What makes you think rashford can win it?

He's not a decent player.

He's a world class player who will likely break Rooney's record for goals at this great club.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I'm not sure Mbappe will ever win the ballon dor. Messi or Haland will win it this year. And then Haland will be tough to beat for a few years and by that time there will be other players surpassing Mbappe. Rashford has a slight chance of getting to that level.

Pscholes18

Rashford is having a great season but I don't think he is world class. He's great but he tries to be Ronaldo and is far from it. Still young, will improve but watch his play at times, predictable.

Sir Erik ten Hag

I'm not sure Mbappe will ever win the ballon dor. Messi or Haland will win it this year. And then Haland will be tough to beat for a few years and by that time there will be other players surpassing Mbappe. Rashford has a slight chance of getting to that level.
If Haaland and City won the treble this year, he would make a serious case for competition against Messi. If not, then no.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Needs to perform in the CL & not Europa.

That’s a whole team thing and not just Rashford’s issue.

Maybe next year if he has good ST & RW partners then he can become even more deadly whilst also winning some top competitions.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
As it should be. He’s more than 3 levels behind

Stacks

To think this post was getting ridiculed to death just months ago.
just from watching them play I felt it was 2 levels personally. Mbappe is a talismanic talent. Rashford is always built for side kick role. I always saw him as the Pedro (Barcelona version) of our team but has the status of Rooney at United for some reason and is paid like it

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Given Rashford's wages now, we probably couldn't give him away on a free transfer to anybody.

Regarding Mbappe vs Rashford - Mbappe is a generational talent who any team on the planet would take and use him in their starting XI. That probably includes Man City. The same cannot be said about Rashford.

Suv666

Only one comparable to Mbappe is Haaland. Rashford isn’t in the same universe as those two.

Von Mistelroum

Rashford would have to massively improve to get to Jesse Lingard's level, Mmbop isn't even a question.

el3mel

To think this post was getting ridiculed to death just months ago.
In fairness, I think Rashford as a young kid had a lot of potential to at least be close to Mbappe level. He just developed pretty poorly.

When he first joined the first team he was a hard worker who couldn't stop running his arse off every game. He started sulking at the end of Mourinho's reign and our fans of course supported it, and blamed Mourinho for giving him defensive duties. Then Ole came and gave Rashford full power in the team, followed by him getting the number 10 for reasons I don't understand personally. That's when Rashford's ego reached the floor and it became impossible to control him.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
A move to Paris would be good for him. A huge city that knows his charity work. He would be a big star there. He will score buckets against Brest and Nice etc.

He will also have good supporting forwards.

tomaldinho1

I don’t know what these levels are but I think his ship has sailed now. I honestly believe he could have been at the truly elite level but he’s been pandered to, overpaid and never been in an elite team. Can still be a good player if he pulls his head from the sand and grafts but he’ll never be world class or close to it.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
We should sell him out of principle at this point I think. It doesn't matter if he's capable of the kind of season he had last season or better, the fact is he downs tools and he does it pretty often. That's got to be very infectious. You'd wonder how that attitude manifests itself behind the scenes too. We probably all have those people in work who are permanently miserable and it can be exhausting.

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool
If Rashford had been under a manager like Klopp, I honestly think that he would be a high-pressing, goal scoring machine. Goes to show how your work environment can affect you so much.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Talk about it, he had a good run of games and people already comparing him to Mbappé. :houllier: :lol: