g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Watch the story - De Ligt looks up to Babel and says "Rio Rio". It's just a greeting, because Babel's nickname is actually Rio.

Motorman

He has liked Memphis' latest post of a retro United shirt.

Probably already been mentioned, but hey....

Also i've never know anything like it. Got to be on a wum?

elnorte

Freaky fly day
He has liked Memphis' latest post of a retro United shirt.

Probably already been mentioned, but hey....

Also i've never know anything like it. Got to be on a wum?
Indeed and actually let's go back a couple of steps. If he followed all those United players on Instagram just to feck around does that make him an asshole?

Motorman

Indeed and actually let's go back a couple of steps. If he followed all those United players on Instagram just to feck around does that make him an asshole?
I would have said no 2 days ago, it would be funny. But now, its like he is going out the way to do it now. So yes. Yes it does.

Unless he joins us, then no :wenger:

kirk buttercup

It's all bizarre these days . Sometimes I miss Teletext and a picture in the paper with the new player scarf above his head .

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I keep saying it, this is the Pogba saga again, this is all a media build up, it will drag on for a while

Suv666

Is it the former Liverpool player Babel?? He's winding us up the fecking prick

Dolf

If links with Utd were to drive up the offer from Barca would he say this

“I have seen the salary I would get too, would you take it? (laughs)”

If he was going to go to Barca would he say that? Why mention Utd at all?

The only scenario I can think where you would say that deliberately or subconsciously would be if he was going to move to Utd.
He wasn't the one to mention us.
I will translate the conversation below but you can watch the video (in Dutch) yourself.

Reporter: Any news?
De Ligt: No news, no news.
Reporter:
I read that it will be Manchester United this time.
De Ligt: Yes, that's what i'm reading everywhere too. (laughs)
Reporter: Have you seen the amount/number (wages being mentioned in the papers)?
De Ligt: Yes, i've also seen the amount. (laughs) No, I uhm....
Reporter: If it was me I would take it!
De Ligt: Yes would you take it? (laughs) They are all funny stories but you have to take it with a grain of salt. I mean, they have been talking about my future for a year now. One moment i'm going there, then the next moment i'm going there. It's nice to see where i've played already (according to the papers)
Reporter: You've already made a nice tour through Europe.
De Ligt: (laughs) Yes, that's funny.
De Ligt: We will play two nations league games with Oranje and after that I will have a holiday so that's when I can sit down and see what I want.

DarkXaero

That Babel thing is a massive wum :lol: :lol:

I think that we're actually being really secretive about our effort to sign De Ligt, and we aren't leaking anything to the media (or downplaying things to British media). The leaks seem to be coming from Barca side. It's entirely possible that we aren't far away from signing him. But it seems like we won't know anything about where he's going until after the stupid Nations League, which ends on June 9th. And 13-14 days is a long time in Muppet timelines :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I will translate the conversation below but you can watch the video (in Dutch) yourself.

Reporter:
Reporter: Have you seen the amount/number (wages being mentioned in the papers)?
De Ligt: Yes would you take it? (laughs) They are all funny stories but you have to take it with a grain of salt. I mean, they have been talking about my future for a year now. One moment i'm going there, then the next moment i'm going there. It's nice to see where i've played already (according to the papers)
De Ligt: We will play two nations league games with Oranje and after that I will have a holiday so that's when I can sit down and see what I want.
I really like De Ligt. His mentality obviously shows on the pitch but even in these interviews, he's not flirting outright with clubs. He doesn't speak of a desire to play with Messi or to be the next Ferdinand when he had the opportunity to. The likes of Pogba, Griezmann, Hazard love to give cryptic comments to see what interest it generates. He's not really like that.

He knows he's moving but he'd rather not talk about anything or stirr the pot. Whoever ends up getting him will get a real star.

Robin Your Persie

Reporter:
This is just gonna drag on and on.

Irrational.

From the BBC match report after the legends' game today:

United are willing to give Solskjaer the finances he needs to rebuild his squad, although one player who is unlikely to be heading to Old Trafford is Stam's fellow central defender and countryman Matthijs de Ligt.

Despite intense speculation linking the Ajax captain with United in recent days, Old Trafford officials are convinced an agreement for the 19-year-old to join Barcelona was struck a number of weeks ago.
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.