g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irrational.

If a agreement was struck with Barca weeks ago... Then I find it weird that Rac1 and Oriol Domenech who are top tier for Barca news are saying otherwise.
That is odd. Could it be we're playing mind games and letting Barca think we've given up before coming in out of the blue and dwarfing their offer?

Nah, Woody's not that cunning. He'll probably put in a £90 million bid for Slabhead in retaliation.

Dolf

This is just gonna drag on and on.
I truly believe that De Ligt will decide in his holiday. Raiola is just trying to get the best options as possible right now. It's possible that he agreed something with Barcelona weeks ago but United have put in a better offer since.

Rauður Djöfull

If a agreement was struck with Barca weeks ago... Then I find it weird that Rac1 and Oriol Domenech who are top tier for Barca news are saying otherwise.

True

And although I have no idea how it works within the football world, I do happen to work with agents where I buy and sell and so on and sure I can get into a bidding war but if an agreement has been made with someone else I am told that it is a done deal elsewhere, and than one respects that and keeps it's mouth shut until announcement.

So either Utd are still in the hunt or they have been told Barca deal is done, or at least that is what makes sense for me. Of course they can still be playing both sides to up the prices, but if it's done and dusted like some think, Man Utd would know there is no chance, they would not suspect it like some media says

gulli_G

If stone is saying I think it's over and we are just being used to make Barca look like they beat out the cash rich united to land him, Barca do have an excellent scouting network.

gulli_G

If that is the case, we should just come out and deny interest like city do once they lose out.

neilv93

I really like De Ligt. His mentality obviously shows on the pitch but even in these interviews, he's not flirting outright with clubs. He doesn't speak of a desire to play with Messi or to be the next Ferdinand when he had the opportunity to. The likes of Pogba, Griezmann, Hazard love to give cryptic comments to see what interest it generates. He's not really like that.

He knows he's moving but he'd rather not talk about anything or stirr the pot. Whoever ends up getting him will get a real star.
This 100000%. He's an extremely intelligent young man and doesn't rock the boat with his comments - keeps it simple and respectful. Add that to his obvious footballing talent and stellar leadership and you're right, whichever club gets him is getting a star - a phenomenal CB for the next 15 years and an exemplary bloke too.

Gasolin

The CL ban of City would be very helpful here if it occurs to level the field, then it's money and prestige and we could beat them in that regard.

Barcelona? Yeah hopefully there is no sales until end of June for them and this is wrapped up based on their current situation.

DarkXaero

So we are either not interested, or he pledged to join them weeks ago, which completely contradicts which he says?

As per usual, nobody really knows anything.

I imagine we’ve put in a good bid and he’s waiting to see what else turns up.
This is what I think too. The reliable media from Barca side aren't convinced that they have him (which contradicts us believing that its a done deal for Barca), and De Ligt himself has just said that he'll decide his future after the Nations League. I think this will drag on for a while and isn't over yet.

gulli_G

That scout who told Woodward to buy De Ligt and De Jong should be given back his job with a promotion.

ChaddyP

Woodward and ole are trying their best to make this happen. Just need to convince the lad that United is where is best for his development.

Sterling Archer

If stone is saying I think it's over and we are just being used to make Barca look like they beat out the cash rich united to land him, Barca do have an excellent scouting network.
Frankly, Barca isn't sophisticated or petty enough for something like that. On the other hand, City is.

But since this is coming from the Spanish press it's either Raiola or true.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He said that Man Utd have offered De Ligt the more lucractive financial package but Barca were still optimistic the player would choose them. That was 5 days ago.

Since then we've had Sport.es saying Barca have lost control of the situation. And then yesterday we had Gerard Romero saying De Ligt is close to Man Utd.

Romero and Domenech are known to report news direct from the Barca hierarchy.
Romero says that he's close to United and then follows it up the next day by saying De Ligt hasn't made his mind up and will decide after the national games. Not sure why people are still taking him seriously.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Romero says that he's close to United and then follows it up the next day by saying De Ligt hasn't made his mind up and will decide after the national games. Not sure why people are still taking him seriously.
The next day he was just relaying the news from ESPN. It wasn't his own info.

BlueHaze

Who the feck was able to make a pic of all those things he was viewing on his phone?

That's some Inspector Clouseau type of shit right there. :lol:

TrebleFan99

Pogba, De Gea, Rashford immediately comes to mind. Martial will come asking for a new contract. Possibly Greenwood in a year.
None of the players you mentioned deserve a bumper contract. Martial just signed a new deal and since just goes to sleep during the match.

Sterling Archer

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1132738659399159808/pu/vid/360x640/k4MFI0XnluoERGOA.mp4?tag=9

You can see his initial surprise as Babel is coming towards him and he tries to close it quickly whilst saying Rio, Rio in a nervous and sheepish mannner
I love it. First time I've seen the rather innocent kid side of him.

Also, the mob has ruined our fun on Reddit...seems a few nasty assholes have gone and publicized the personal information of one of the ITKs. What a horrid thing to do.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Who the feck was able to make a pic of all those things he was viewing on his phone?

That's some Inspector Clouseau type of shit right there. :lol:
:lol: The best one I have ever seen. Got some talent to be detective.

Status
Not open for further replies.