Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersons Dietician

“I don’t rule out staying” hmmmm Pique and Lenglet come off a great season, Barca struggiling to find the funds, wonder if he’d maybe wait out till January or another year.

red thru&thru

The more he opens his mouth, the more annoying this transfer gets. Rather just not hear anything from him.

Jacob

Two encouraging signs;
A) He will prioritize game time (we'll edge it over Barca)
B) He wants a potential transfer to be done early before pre-season

redshaw

Seems sensible from him.

It would be wise for him to stay if the options are big gamble with no CL but play regularly and lack of playing time elsewhere. Bit like Sancho. Ole is a huge unknown and we could be plummeting further.

I doubt we've thrown 300 or 350k at him. Probably more like 250k.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Ajax are so good with their youth, clearly his desision wont be about money, i think he will stay where he is another season he is still very young.

Dolf

I would usually recommend young talents to stay one more year but in De Ligt’s case it would be very stupid to stay at Ajax.
He won’t learn anything new in the Eredivisie, they won’t get the same results in the CL and he already has the reputation of a great player.

You know what, if we go all in we might actually have a shot at this.

OoopsMisclick

No point in getting excited. He's going to barca, will be confirmed as soon as they found a sucker to buy malcolm / coutinho / semedo /...

youmeletsfly

No point in getting excited. He's going to barca, will be confirmed as soon as they found a sucker to buy malcolm / coutinho / semedo /...
That was the impression at first, but he won't be a guaranteed starter there in my opinion.

We also need to keep in mind that his agent is Raiola and, as stated by almost everyone in the football field, his objectives as an agent are: 1. Get the player to the club where he earns the most. 2. Get the highest commission for himself.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Where he can play the most is what will prove decisive I feel.
Which is anywhere because wherever he goes he will be playing starter minutes...there’s no way in hell he’s a secondary option at his new club.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He says all the right things, he'll be a great ambassador for whoever gets him. God I hope it's us

Red00012

He’s not coming, the sooner people realise that the better. Let’s move on.

Sanche7

Even if he doesn't come here, I'm happy the club is doing its best to get in players like De Ligt. I envy Barcelona, they have the GOAT plus every frigging player wants to play there, maybe both of those are related, but those cnuts have it good

gulli_G

He should look at Umtiti, had a big injury and Barca want rid, with us Shaw broke his leg, we stuck by him, Ruud Van Nistelroy did his AcL , we support him for a year and still sign him.

croadyman

Whenever we are involved in a transfer saga (if that is the case) that player always has a tournament after the season finishes.

This decision would already be known publicly if he didn't have the Nations League games to play.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Is it an option to tar and feather the scout that put Man United off De Ligt last year because of fears of the player becoming fat? Because I sure as hell hope that scout is both an expert in nutrition and a medical doctor to be able to deliver such a in depth review of a players physiology.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Umtiti refusing to leave Barca is causing them the problem I reckon, they’ve nowhere to turn their wage bill is full to bursting- constrained!

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Most certainly he won't, he's bound to move this summer.
Anything is possible, the Ajax players clearly love their club. Having said that if Liverpool were looking for a CB I could really see him ending up there, would tick all the boxes he has stated..... scarey thought.

crossy1686

career ending
Is it an option to tar and feather the scout that put Man United off De Ligt last year because of fears of the player becoming fat? Because I sure as hell hope that scout is both an expert in nutrition and a medical doctor to be able to deliver such a in depth review of a players physiology.
You don't actually believe that do you? We had a scout that recommended him and De Jong when they were 15. He quit apparently off the back of being ignored

Bobski

We have 3 months of this to look forward to. Pace yourselves people.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
You don't actually believe that do you? We had a scout that recommended him and De Jong when they were 15. He quit apparently off the back of being ignored
I only read what has come out recently, quite a few articles contained the information, but I'm happy if that is not factual.

Status
Not open for further replies.