Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueHaze

I love it. First time I've seen the rather innocent kid side of him.

Also, the mob has ruined our fun on Reddit...seems a few nasty assholes have gone and publicized the personal information of one of the ITKs. What a horrid thing to do.
Yeah it appears someone doxxed him and people started abusing both him and his girlfriend on twitter. That sub is in shambles atm.

Sterling Archer

Yeah it appears someone doxxed him and people started abusing both him and his girlfriend on twitter. That sub is in shambles atm.
Awful. What does that accomplish? Whether he is right or even completely making something up, what good can come of that. Sigh.

BlueHaze

Awful. What does that accomplish? Whether he is right or even completely making something up, what good can come of that. Sigh.
Highly unfortunate and I think it's only a matter of time before all the other ones will get doxxed as well. Seems like a small group of people have gone on a rampage tonight and targeted all these ITK's.

Sterling Archer

Highly unfortunate and I think it's only a matter of time before all the other ones will get doxxed as well. Seems like a small group of people have gone on a rampage tonight and targeted all these ITK's.
Sheesh. I wonder if they will feel any remorse at all if the signing happens as it was suggested? Probably not, theyre derelicts .

manuchamp88

Has he liked any Barca stuff? What im saying is if he is supposedly nailed on for Barca theres no need for him to be going near united stuff. he would surely know himself now where he prefers to play
The girl I'm seeing has "liked" another guy's Instagram photos. Doesn't mean anything is going on...I'm pretty confident. I mean, she's liked a few but...yeah, pretty confident. :nervous:

BlueHaze

Sheesh. I wonder if they will feel any remorse at all if the signing happens as it was suggested? Probably not, theyre derelicts .
Probably not as you said. I can't even understand why they harrassed his gf like what the feck does she have to do with it? The mods on that sub have now suspended all tier challenges by the way.

Sterling Archer

Probably not as you said. I can't even understand why they harrassed his gf like what the feck does she have to do with it? The mods on that sub have now suspended all tier challenges by the way.
That's a bummer but also good. Really feel for the guy and his gf.

Oh jeez. I sure as feck hope this doesn't scare away Ligt :nervous:

TrebleFan99

It’s not cool what happened. But if you’re knowingly bullshitting thousands of people then you should expect this reaction.

Marcus

Wants to play for Barca on United's package. Let's see what happens when push comes to shove. If I were him, I would choose United. He is so young that he could always move to Barca in a few years. Hopefully United will be an attractive football proposition by then.

croadyman

I’ve been keeping an eye on the odds Barca were even money until Sky said we’re not interested. Some people take Sky as gospel still.
Yeah you just knew there was going to be a serious drift in odds after that Sky Sports News story, I expected there to be loads of Utd end interest in De Ligt stories in todays papers but they obviously aren't fully buying into what Sky are saying.

This does kind of remind me of when Utd were 1/4 on to sign Vidal after the World Cup in 2014, well we all know what happened there so even though we are the underdogs this saga has still got a couple more weeks to run yet.

minh_loc_xoay

This is what he was looking at when Babel came over:
And this is what I was expecting when I decided to camp in this muppet thread and used up all 2/3 posts of me everyday here.
I certainly wasn't disappointed. Life comes up with more interesting twists every day here. This is even more amusing than the last 2 miserable months in our actual season. :drool:

Sterling Archer

So I'm a little late on this but Sky reporting Utd have pulled out of the move for DL?
Nope. Straight from Ligt's mouth we have two facts:

- He likes the Premier League the most, more than La Liga
- He is going to decide his future after international duty
- He said take everything you read in the papers with a grain of salt

Literally everything else is speculation. But reports from top tier journos in Spain contradict the idea that he is already signed for Barca. Supposed bid from United is accepted. And then British journos saying United are out.

Plenty of time and room for things to change

SATA

Rio himself has keeping quiet over on his social media. I mean Rio Ferdinand the real Rio, not the red poncehead fulham player. Is that unusual from Ferdinand?

Mr. Meeseeks

Yes. United have pulled out. He signed with Barca a few weeks ago. Unfortunately many in this thread will be very disappointed.
I have seen many people post this but where is the evidence? De Ligt himself gave an interview after that Sky Sports report saying that he hasn’t decided which club to join, and mentioned the Premier League as a possible destination. How does that fit with your theory that he “signed with Barca a few weeks ago”?

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
I have seen many people post this but where is the evidence? De Ligt himself gave an interview after that Sky Sports report saying that he hasn’t decided which club to join, and mentioned the Premier League as a possible destination. How does that fit with your theory that he “signed with Barca a few weeks ago”?
I'm just being realistic. If I'm proven wrong I'd be deligted.

Mr. Meeseeks

So I'm a little late on this but Sky reporting Utd have pulled out of the move for DL?
The latest news is the interview De Ligt gave mentioning that he might be interested in a move to the Premier League and that his decision is not yet made. That interview is a clear contradiction of the Sky Sports report stating that we pulled out because he had already decided to join Barca.

Gasolin

Premier league = 19 other clubs, including the likes of City or Liverpool who are surely interested in the lad. Whatever... I do hope he joins us.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The latest news is the interview De Ligt gave mentioning that he might be interested in a move to the Premier League and that his decision is not yet made. That interview is a clear contradiction of the Sky Sports report stating that we pulled out because he had already decided to join Barca.
most of the times they're just being diplomatic, certain things aren't supposed to be exposed in a bad time (NT having a game, agreement not 100% done but 100% agreed, not spilling the bean before the marketing team etc).

Things I'm sure :

1. De Ligt will move from Ajax
2. He has already made up his mind (whoever that is)
3. He's entertaining the hype and maintains politically neutral to avoid problems

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
If you believe that De Ligt interview, I've got a bridge to sell you...

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Announce De Ligt

After vidic and Rio failed to teach Smalling and Jones how to play football it's only fair for Jaap and Ronnie to be given a chance. Meanwhile let's ask Dolly and Daisy to warm up just in case we may need them too

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
De Ligt has said his focus is on the Nations League and we’ll see what happens after that - no answer till after June 9th then.

But for what it’s worth I think it’s on!

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
You wouldn't delay your decision if there was nothing to think about right?
Decision could already be made for Barca or Utd or elsewhere - but from a PR point of view you'd keep quiet about it until after nations league as big unveilings before or during and all the press focus that would go on would be seen as a massive distraction, better to shut up until after the final.

Also could still be deciding on that huge wage packet!!

yamo123x

We don’t need De Ligt because of the great news Rojo is staying and part of Ole’s plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.