Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
I keep hoping that this is the case but like others have said there just seems far too much smoke about PSG, particularly the rumours about Raiola being in Paris a couple of days ago and his mum/girlfriend supposedly house hunting too.

Unlike Pogba in 2016 I fear that this one isn't going to go our way but admire people that are still retaining slim hopes that Mino is playing his usual mind games with the media.
PSG are all about status and they’re hardly a bunch that are going to keep their mouth shut if they think they’ve stolen a march on Barcelona, no matter what the actual truth is.

crossy1686

career ending
I know it's from reliable sources, but there were no pictures of them at all. Also, isn't de ligt in Miami? His girlfriend should be with him, no?
It was rumoured to have happened while he was playing the Nations League final in Portugal but yeah, doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to be house shopping.

Jibbs

Indeed. 1/2 a season of steady performances and now suddenly he’s going to be a beast...
I have been saying for a while... Lindelof is dispensable if we can sign De Ligt along with another left sided CB. Lindelof improved last year but is nowhere near the top quality cb category. He doesn't have that fear factor, also has a weak header. Ideally I would keep him and sell Smalling, but among all our defenders, it is only Lindelof who can be sold for 30m plus. So it will be understandable if he is sold to balance the books.

Gandalf

It was rumoured to have happened while he was playing the Nations League final in Portugal but yeah, doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to be house shopping.
On the one hand the media are saying this and then in another article apparently he is joining PSG because the owner is going to let him live rent free at a 17 million mansion in Paris. It is almost as if one or both of the journalists in question is making things up but surely they would never do a thing like that for clicks and likes?

LuessiT

At Manchester United, we need men, not boys. If he can't even handle his own laundry, how can he handle the pressure here?
He's captained the biggest club in the Netherlands and made the CL semifinal. Besides, he won't do his own laundry with the money we'd be paying him.

Member 93275

On the one hand the media are saying this and then in another article apparently he is joining PSG because the owner is going to let him live rent free at a 17 million mansion in Paris. It is almost as if one or both of the journalists in question is making things up but surely they would never do a thing like that for clicks and likes?
Ah but it was from the Telegraaf and more specifically their Ajax watcher Mike Verweij. They might make the story bigger than it is but don't make up the smoke. This particular detail of the house-hunting women in a blacked-out car is classic De Telegraaf. Like when the Frenkie/PSG deal was going on, they got a real-world tip, and they had the photo of the agent and PSG management in a restaurant in Amsterdam. This time no photo, but they don't make up a detail like that. Just like the English, the Dutch are everywhere, so my guess is someone saw them and gave the tip to De Telegraaf.

Member 93275

This hardly helps with the fat claims.
Fat and blind!

The funny thing about the fat hoax was it said United were worried after discovering it was a problem running in the family.

Do you have a mental picture how his family would look like? Then continue...

Acquire Me

Fat and blind!

The funny thing about the fat hoax was it said United were worried after discovering it was a problem running in the family.

That looks like a perfectly normal family to me.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Fat and blind!

Not sure what you mean. I didn't believe the whole fat thing either. Sounded like the usual Spanish club ploy to spread rumours and play dirty(smear) with the competition.

I was just trying to play it off as the picture shows De Jong with a basket while De Ligt has a shopping cart.

Member 93275

Not sure what you mean. I didn't believe the whole fat thing either. Sounded like the usual Spanish club ploy to spread rumours and play dirty(smear) with the competition.

I was just trying to play it off as the picture shows De Jong with a basket while De Ligt has a shopping cart.
I know you were just joking, I meant nothing by it except putting to rest that particular rumour about his fat family.

spaceboyRSA

He's 19. Most 19 year olds live in a college dorm and go home on the weekends to ask mom to do laundry.
Yes. His own mom. Not his girlfriends mom.And I’m sure he can afford to get someone to do his laundry.

Just saying it’s weird. I wouldn’t get my mother in law to house hunt for me. But that’s because she’s a pain in the ass so maybe I’m biased.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Yes. His own mom. Not his girlfriends mom.And I’m sure he can afford to get someone to do his laundry.

Just saying it’s weird. I wouldn’t get my mother in law to house hunt for me. But that’s because she’s a pain in the ass so maybe I’m biased.
Maybe he told his partner to take care of it and she asked her mom. Its as much her home as his.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Fat and blind!

That fat story is strange, considering our record goalscorer is the one with a tubby family.

Member 93275

The best part of the picture is his length, 1.89m (6.2f)... got it from his mother!

Andersons Dietician

That fat story is strange, considering our record goalscorer is the one with a tubby family.
I was reading an article with an interview from some guy who was an Ajax scout or youth development and talking about how they moved him up age groups but anyway he mentioned in that that they “Ajax” had concerns over his physique and weight.

Member 93275

I was reading an article with an interview from some guy who was an Ajax scout or youth development and talking about how they moved him up age groups but anyway he mentioned in that that they “Ajax” had concerns over his physique and weight.
It's no secret, his nickname was Dikkie ("Fatty"), he talks about it here in 2017:
https://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=301224

Google translation:
De Ligt was nicknamed 'Dikkie': 'They immediately sent me to a dietician'

Matthijs de Ligt has made an impression at Ajax in recent weeks . Coach Peter Bosz made a base place for the only seventeen-year-old defender on Sunday in the match against FC Groningen. De Ligt had a striking nickname in the youth education of Amsterdammers; he was called Dikkie by his teammates .

"You know, I used to be a bit fat", De Ligt explains to the Algemeen Dagblad . “They immediately sent me to a dietician. As a nine year old kid, huh. As a small child you still love sweets. But I also had the tendency to get fat. I am very busy with nutrition now. I recently played six games in twelve days, so you have to charge the battery properly. "

The trademark legs are another trademark of the young defender. “A family ailment. My father used to have nice thighs. Is in the DNA apparently, "says De Ligt. “I used to be in midfield, but I was a bit cumbersome. At the time I was disappointed that the trainer put me in the back. But now it really gives me a kick to eliminate a striker. Sure I can be mean too. Not outside the field. But yes, character does not always have to be consistent with your playing style. "

He has a body like Koeman, the kind that will get fat when the career is over. But when trained during their career it just makes them very strong.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Just do us all a favour and sign this kid please. I'm talking to you Ed Woodward. If you want the world to stop pointing and laughing at you, this is what you have to do

Signed: every decent human being on earth.

Mark1361

Just do us all a favour and sign this kid please. I'm talking to you Ed Woodward. If you want the world to stop pointing and laughing at you, this is what you have to do

Signed: every decent human being on earth.
You got more more chance of been hit by lightning then us paying 90m for him. Matthijs de Ligt is heading to PSG. We are a team in free fall and will never spend that kind of money on a player like him.

And even if we could why no earth would you come to a team in free fall. We not the same Man Utd of old. We are mickey mouse team run by clueless owners. Until that changes nothing will change

luke511

He's probably noticed how much his torch has faded since he's been strongly linked to PSG.

Sterling Archer

He's probably noticed how much his torch has faded since he's been strongly linked to PSG.
He will literally become a nobody. Even Mbappe barely gets a sniff of attention outside of the CL. It may yet be a decent league but it can't match the Premier League or La Liga in exposure.

Kid talks about development. He's not going to learn anything new at PSG outside of how to throw big leads in knockout ties. Juventus could legitimately be a reasonable stepping stone but that doesn't seem to be a very likely move. Plus the league is only partially better than France.

It's between United and Barcelona if you really want the player to build his profile and experience at the same time. Anything else would be bad management from Raiola and he really does look for what's best for his players.

croadyman

Noticed her surname is Molenaar,wonder if she is related to Robert who played for Leeds in the mid 90's.

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
Has Martial improved since he joined United?
I know you're just trying to belittle United as usual from your high horse, but is it even true that Martial "hasn't improved" since he left Monaco? I don't think so. In his first season with us he was our top scorer and his output was higher than it was at Monaco, and last season he still scored more and was part of Ole's best 11 during our run of excellent form midseason, despite being hit with injuries and poor form.

Status
Not open for further replies.