Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

minh_loc_xoay

I know you're just trying to belittle United as usual from your high horse, but is it even true that Martial "hasn't improved" since he left Monaco? I don't think so. In his first season with us he was our top scorer and his output was higher than it was at Monaco, and last season he still scored more and was part of Ole's best 11 during our run of excellent form midseason, despite being hit with injuries and poor form.
I think his contract extension with ridiculous salary (More than 200,000/week) has caused complacency in his mind. That's why he stopped trying, he stopped pressing, he stopped covering grasses... Thus why his form dropped.

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
I think his contract extension with ridiculous salary (More than 200,000/week) has caused complacency in his mind. That's why he stopped trying, he stopped pressing, he stopped covering grasses... Thus why his form dropped.
Yes, for about a third of a season, at a time when the entire team's form fell off a cliff after a turbulent year ...

tombombadil

That contract was one of many sabotage steps Ed took on Mourinho.

It basically told Martial and all the other players, feck Mourinho. He'll be gone before you.

This is the opposite of what Spurs did for Pochettino, Liverpool did for Klopp, City did for Guardiola.

When the club becomes political, the football suffers.

My only hope is that now that we have a bright, positive, lovable, popular manager, the club will back him against the players who don't or won't perform.

Aloysius's Back 3

It basically told Martial and all the other players, feck Mourinho. He'll be gone before you.

This is the opposite of what Spurs did for Pochettino, Liverpool did for Klopp, City did for Guardiola.

My only hope is that now that we have a bright, positive, lovable, popular manager, the club will back him against the players who don't or won't perform.
Thank god for that.

Eff Jose.

Patrick08

Well I hope, martial is not forced on the wing now but plays as a striker.

Nucks

RT History Department
At Manchester United, we need men, not boys. If he can't even handle his own laundry, how can he handle the pressure here?
Peyton Manning had his sister come and setup his VCR/DVD player when he was in college, and in the NFL initially, because he didn't know how to do it himself. He's like a top 5 NFL QB all time, and one of the greatest leaders in NFL history. I don't thinking being able to do laundry is on that check list :) Doesn't matter to me if a dude doesn't know how to do his own laundry, if he inspires and leads.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I know you're just trying to belittle United as usual from your high horse, but is it even true that Martial "hasn't improved" since he left Monaco? I don't think so. In his first season with us he was our top scorer and his output was higher than it was at Monaco, and last season he still scored more and was part of Ole's best 11 during our run of excellent form midseason, despite being hit with injuries and poor form.
No, Martial hasn't improved, during his best seasons at United his output has been roughly the same as the one he had during his last season at Monaco where he wasn't a starter for the best part of the season and only played 1800 minutes in the league.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Well I hope, martial is not forced on the wing now but plays as a striker.
He doesn't move! You can't play up front if you don't want to make any runs, not without absolutely exceptional support from midfield to draw players away from you anyway.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
"As usual" feck off :lol: Let's call a spade a spade, it was a perfectly fine example to show that the Premier League guarantees shit regarding player development.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Transfer Conspiracy: MdL is going to join us. All Raiola is doing right now is saving MdLs face by doing what he is right now.
By rejecting Barca, and preferring United- people would have said MdL is doing so only because of money , although I honestly think that he is rejecting them to develop himself into a world beater before moving there (like Eriksen did).
So what does Raiola do- get PSG involved as well and plant stories that PSG is offering Sanchez money to MdL. By rejecting PSG for us, Raiola and MdL can shut those people up who blamed him of chasing money

Stevondo8

Never really seen much of this kid...is he really the messiah like the hype suggests?

RoyH1

Never really seen much of this kid...is he really the messiah like the hype suggests?
The most promising centre back in years, yes, but I'd hesitate to call him a messiah. He'd be great pickup and our best Cb since Vidic though.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Out of interest, what Reddit Tier / ITK level would one be if they were rather high and had consumed a few beers, if they were to claim that they had just spotted De Ligt in London near United’s London headquarters?

Asking for a mate...:angel:

Thiagoal

Out of interest, what Reddit Tier / ITK level would one be if they were rather high and had consumed a few beers, if they were to claim that they had just spotted De Ligt in London near United’s London headquarters?

Where is our HQ in London by the way?

Member 93275

Meanwhile...

(where in London is this? :D)

Sterling Archer

Surprised the cafe didn't pick this off of Reddit yet:

Private jet scheduled from Amsterdam to London on Tuesday. And then further travel arrangements to Manchester

De Ligt is in the US right now, but will be quite interesting if he flies back Monday or Tuesday.

Art Vandelay

Surprised the cafe didn't pick this off of Reddit yet:

Private jet scheduled from Amsterdam to London on Tuesday. And then further travel arrangements to Manchester

De Ligt is in the US right now, but will be quite interesting if he flies back Monday or Tuesday.
Saw that in the ITK thread. Why London then Manchester instead of just Manchester? It came from Spoofex too so it has the strong wiff of bollocks about it.

Sterling Archer

Saw that in the ITK thread. Why London then Manchester instead of just Manchester? It came from Spoofex too so it has the strong wiff of bollocks about it.
Was it spoofex? Urgh really hard to believe all the stories coming from him. I prefer the succinct tid bits

That said, I prefer this fantasy land to reading about Paul Pegba and is desire for a new challenge.

Art Vandelay

Was it spoofex? Urgh really hard to believe all the stories coming from him. I prefer the succinct tid bits

That said, I prefer this fantasy land to reading about Paul Pegba and is desire for a new challenge.
Sorry my bad, it wasn't Spoofex. There's so much crap that I got confused. It was a new annonymous source that got in touch with Reddit mods, who they totally believe but can't reveal the information they have that would answer all questions. Make of that what you will.

Sterling Archer

Sorry my bad, it wasn't Spoofex. There's so much crap that I got confused. It was a new annonymous source that got in touch with Reddit mods, who they totally believe but can't reveal the information they have that would answer all questions. Make of that what you will.
This is the world we live in now. Everyone has an even easier way of getting fifteen minutes of Fame on the internet.

It could be a wild guess but hey, if DeLigt joins us in the end that's awesome

crossy1686

career ending
Hot off the press from PSG:

Nasser Al Khelaifi said:
“The players are going to have to assume their responsibilities even more than before. It has to be completely different. They will have to do more, work more… They are not here to have fun. And if they don’t agree with this point of view, the doors are open. Ciao! I no longer want to have superstar behaviour.”
Does De Ligt count as a superstar?

Alabaster Codify7

Unsure why people are disgusted that he might choose PSG.

1)Equally good wages
2) Win trophies. Who cares whether the league is competitive.... it's hardly the Kazakh league and we aren't winning a thing for years.
3) CL football for a high profile club

Wages aside,we can't offer this kid anything appealing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Obviously popping into Woodward's office in London first. Come on son, get with it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.