Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

George The Best

City or Juve in my opinion
Probably best for him but not sure either can afford with FFP and what they’ve spent/spending already. Weird one is this, Barca should have nailed this one imo. Still a possibility Raiola has worked his magic and double-bluffed everybody. Doesn’t mean it’s us though, but I can easily see the market being blind sided and he ends up somewhere not amongst the favourites.

MUFC OK

Love how woody has drawn this out for maximum suspense and social media engagement. Our football transfer guru and marketing genius :devil::devil::devil:

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Just like to point out I got him at 10/1 and we’re now 11/4
PSG being 1/3 is the issue there though!! :lol:

Good bet though, any young lad with infinite money would be a fool to turn down vibrant, cosmopolitan Manchester in favour of a dull and devoid of culture Paris.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Either us or Juve.

Because both can be used as a "stepping stone". Allowing Raiola and him to take a lot more money once He "matured" and wants to leave for another filthy rich club. Both juve and us aren't so strong when it comes into keeping want away players. If He joins PSG, no chance of that happening, He'll stay in Paris till his grandson is born.

But... Juve is trying to get Pogba. They need to save money before getting involved in a war for De Ligt. So it's to us most likely.

predator

Youth NITK
CBA starting a new thread but I find it amusing and confusing that posters are against a club as rich as United paying a 19 year old (in this case De Ligt) such and such a week. Who cares how old he is. If he's good enough he's old enough.

Do players get paid in accordance to what they've achieved in the game, or how long they've been around? No. If they were then Rooney, Iniesta, Ramos, Buffon, Robben would be offered 500k a week from teams like us, PSG, Madrid, City, Barca etc

In normal jobs, experience is valued highly but in football if you are 19 years old, captaining Ajax to semi CL final and are highly sought after then you are worth more than your elder counterparts and also have more bargaining power regarding wages etc.

If anything, being young will probably increase your value as a player so why shouldn't it increase your wages?

I'm not saying I agree but football works differently to ordinary life.

Axkiko

He's definitely coming here.
If he wants minutes, he won't go to Juve as even Rugani hasn't broken into their side yet. PSG have Marquinhos and Thisago as well as Kimpembe; Bayern have just broken the bank for Hernandez and they brought in Pavard as well.
PSG will sell Kimpembe if De Ligt signs according to French media.

Tony247

Could be insider deal with Raiola
1. Convince ligt to join us, earn big fat commission
2. In return we will agree to sell pogba, earn another big fat commission

buckooo1978

Wouldn’t it make more sense, wage vise, if you swapped United with PSG?
If he goes to PSG first he would probably have to agree on a pay cut somewhere along the line.
Therefore, he’s coming to us, believe!
I allowed myself to believe that too... after all an offer was entertained

honestly though with no CL and the sinking ship feel about United at the minute I just dont think we can sign a prospect like De Ligt

you are looking for someone with an emotional attachment to the club or someone up for a challenge I suppose

jackal&hyde

Love how woody has drawn this out for maximum suspense and social media engagement. Our football transfer guru and marketing genius :devil::devil::devil:
I think so too :D Then watch Pogba make a u turn and Sancho reconsidering his options.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Guess he's going to do a Neymar and take the dump truck of cash at PSG whilst trashing his development and probably his career too. Probably Raiola gets more cash too?

At least he'll be able to watch uber eats driver bring the match ball out every league game next year..

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Would be brilliant if he gave Barca the finger. Unless it's for PSG. That would be a fecking nightmare. Why would you go to PSG.

Well, apart from the insane salary and unlimited amount of Ligue 1 titles.

Member 101269

So with PSG getting Umtiti surely they won't be getting de Ligt as well?
There seems to be a lot of posturing a number of small sums paid, the big ones? Are we all waiting for a type Neymar deal then a ripple after. Roll the dice lets see where the cash lands and ultimately where MDL goes.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Would be brilliant if he gave Barca the finger. Unless it's for PSG. That would be a fecking nightmare. Why would you go to PSG.

Also living in Paris - sounds like a fantastic life choice to me.

Le Red

PSG being 1/3 is the issue there though!! :lol:

Good bet though, any young lad with infinite money would be a fool to turn down vibrant, cosmopolitan Manchester in favour of a dull and devoid of culture Paris.
If we're talking about football, it's no doubt which of the two cities is dull and devoid of culture.

Le Red

The Ligue 1 titles have zero worth, because the competition in France is zero. PSG is all about the money. De Ligt strikes me as a guy who loves competition, hence why I think he won't go to PSG.

Barcelona = out of the fight if we believe the reports.
PSG = No competition. Could stall the player's development.
Bayern = They don't like competing with other clubs for signings.

It's either Juve or us, unless Liverpool enters the fray (knocks wood).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
PSG would be a dangerous choice, as he'd find it very hard to get out of there down the line.
No-one bullies PSG for their players.

RoyH1

PSG would be a dangerous choice, as he'd find it very hard to get out of there down the line.
When you have the natural gas fields of Qatar at your disposal, you can more easily afford to sit on a player without letting them play and pay them for it. Other clubs cannot do that without hurting the bottomline.

Coops73

Also living in Paris - sounds like a fantastic life choice to me.
Especially if you love to sit by the champs elysees, drinking a nice glass of chateauneuf du pape as the sun sets over the ensuing riots.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
When you have the natural gas fields of Qatar at your disposal, you can more easily afford to sit on a player without letting them play and pay them for it. Other clubs cannot do that without hurting the bottomline.
PSG president just came right out and said publicly they won't take that stance anymore. They're no different from any other mega-rich club now

MrBest

The Ligue 1 titles have zero worth, because the competition in France is zero. PSG is all about the money. De Ligt strikes me as a guy who loves competition, hence why I think he won't go to PSG.

Barcelona = out of the fight if we believe the reports.
PSG = No competition. Could stall the player's development.
Bayern = They don't like competing with other clubs for signings.

It's either Juve or us, unless Liverpool enters the fray (knocks wood).
Using your logic for France, you can rule Italy out. Juve have won the last 9 titles, most of them pretty comfortably. It goes Juve, Napoli, then the rest. Bad league with no money.

Inter Yer Nan

If we could sign him it would be awesome and if we tie up Wan Bissaka and extend De Gea too it's a great summer from a defensive point of view. It would give us youth and quality that could serve us for years to come.

I think we'd have gotten De Ligt in other summers but this summer it just seems a pipe dream unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.