Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibi Dreams

I've not really been following football recently and I haven't seen this guy play. Is he really as good as everyone here is saying? Only 19 years old, feels like people are going overboard but maybe he's genuinely that special?

Hughie77

If Utd pull it off and get him, wow, but it's a big big IF, this boy can go anywhere, we can pay him more than most, that's a plus, but no CL,? Can he go without it for at least a season?

Still think he's going to Barca?

arnie_ni

I wouldnt be the least bit surpised if raoila pushes him to us on a 5 year deal with the intention of getting him to force another move after 3 or 4 years to barca then to get two signing bonuses.

He knows if he goes to barca now he'll never leave.

He could also tell ed, sell pogba next summer and I'll get you de ligt now. A gentleman's agreement

Gasolin

If Utd pull it off and get him, wow, but it's a big big IF, this boy can go anywhere, we can pay him more than most, that's a plus, but no CL,? Can he go without it for at least a season?

Still think he's going to Barca?
He already said no to Barcelona so I suppose it will be the others.

Gasolin

I wouldnt be the least bit surpised if raoila pushes him to us on a 5 year deal with the intention of getting him to force another move after 3 or 4 years to barca then to get two signing bonuses.

He knows if he goes to barca now he'll never leave.

He could also tell ed, sell pogba next summer and I'll get you de ligt now. A gentleman's agreement
Not selling Pogba, if he needs money we can pay him a new contract, but De Ligt on a 5+1 year deal, we will talk.

willhse456

I don't know, something feels right about De Ligt at United. Just something.
If he was coming we'd have at least some links to him, maybe not the top papers but a few Mirror/Mail articles at least. There's just absolutely nothing, and I don't believe we could keep this completely under wraps if we were actually in for him.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't know, something feels right about De Ligt at United. Just something.
We can offer him all the playing time that he wants and he seems to have enough character to be a cornerstone in a rebuild.

Raven

Especially if you love to sit by the champs elysees, drinking a nice glass of chateauneuf du pape as the sun sets over the ensuing riots.
Was thinking of something similar, couldn't put it into words as well as you have though :lol:

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Either us or Juve.

Because both can be used as a "stepping stone". Allowing Raiola and him to take a lot more money once He "matured" and wants to leave for another filthy rich club. Both juve and us aren't so strong when it comes into keeping want away players. If He joins PSG, no chance of that happening, He'll stay in Paris till his grandson is born.

But... Juve is trying to get Pogba. They need to save money before getting involved in a war for De Ligt. So it's to us most likely.
:lol::lol:

Gasolin

If he was coming we'd have at least some links to him, maybe not the top papers but a few Mirror/Mail articles at least. There's just absolutely nothing, and I don't believe we could keep this completely under wraps if we were actually in for him.
I've seen worst, don't worry, I just have a good feeling and I know nothing but again, De Ligt to United sounds about right.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Also living in Paris - sounds like a fantastic life choice to me.
I find it interesting how people on here think that 19-20 year old football players thinks about how nice a city is, when chosing football team :lol:

George The Best

I've not really been following football recently and I haven't seen this guy play. Is he really as good as everyone here is saying? Only 19 years old, feels like people are going overboard but maybe he's genuinely that special?
I think he is. He’s a real athlete, which a modern CB needs to be as they are increasingly coming up against smaller, agile, attackers. Rio would have loved to be playing now in his prime.

George The Best

I find it interesting how people on here think that 19-20 year old football players thinks about how nice a city is, when chosing football team :lol:
:lol: Amsterdam in winter makes Manchester look positively balmy. Unless you expect to go ice skating on Salford Quay’s.

ArjenIsM3

I've seen students make a decision heavily impacting their education based on what city they wanted to be in. I've seen people give up their jobs and take a huge financial risk just so they could move to their dream city. However when it's suggested that the location is a factor in deciding where footballers want to play it's ridiculous all of a sudden? Or is it because you think 20 year olds haven't grown a brain yet?

Le Red

Using your logic for France, you can rule Italy out. Juve have won the last 9 titles, most of them pretty comfortably. It goes Juve, Napoli, then the rest. Bad league with no money.
This makes sense. Although I feel that Italy is slightly more competitive than France, Juve has to make an effort to defeat Napoli, PSG just walks the league.
Still, the Serie A title still holds some prestige due to the past of the Italian league. A few more years of Juventus' dominance and they'll be dubbed a farmer league too, sadly...

Cliche Guevara

I've seen students make a decision heavily impacting their education based on what city they wanted to be in. I've seen people give up their jobs and take a huge financial risk just so they could move to their dream city. However when it's suggested that the location is a factor in deciding where footballers want to play it's ridiculous all of a sudden? Or is it because you think 20 year olds haven't grown a brain yet?
Yeah, no.

Nobody is clamouring to sign for Red Bull Salzburg or Venezia.

Le Red

It's not ridiculous, but the players that take their careers more seriously will see the quality of the city as a secondary factor rather than the main reason to make a move.
And come on, it's Manchester we're talking about, a lot of people would love to live there. A lot of the demeaning comments about the city come from a spoiled "first-world problem" perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.