Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
This is just weird. The rumour was that after failing to get Frenkie, getting De Ligt was Henrique's last chance as sporting director. So not waiting for the outcome, they get Leonardo back. Leonardo is a Raiola guy, one would expect the deal to go smoother. Instead the deal was "not taken over". It all doesn't make sense.
no doubt we'll approach him to be our director of football

elnorte

Freaky fly day
So, update from Sky Italy in the situation for those interested:

-PSG had total agreement with the player, as per the tweet above. The sacking of Henrique pissed off Raiola and Leonardo didn't immediately pick it back up to close the deal, so Raiola went to Juventus
-player is open to move to juventus, but there's still quite a bit of distance between the offer(7.5m a year net) and the demand(12m). They're pushing hard to try and close the deal before PSG comes back
-PSG is about to come back into the picture with Leonardo getting in contact with Raiola
Christ, this idea of 'about to come back into the picture'. Who the hell gets employed to write this garbage?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Christ, this idea of 'about to come back into the picture'. Who the hell gets employed to write this garbage?
Nobody. That's me. Basically, PSG trying to get in contact with Raiola to get the deal back on track. A deal that was apparently pretty much done before the sacking of Antero Henrique.

Weird situation honestly.

Said before but i think all of this is just Raiola/De Ligt trying to force barcelona's hand. Even the demands to Juventus and PSG are outlandish(€12m a year after tax, come the feck on)

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Nobody. That's me. Basically, PSG trying to get in contact with Raiola to get the deal back on track. A deal that was apparently pretty much done before the sacking of Antero Henrique.

Said before but i think all of this is just Raiola/De Ligt trying to force barcelona's hand. Even the demands to Juventus and PSG are outlandish(€12m a year after tax, come the feck on)
Haha. Sorry, man, certainly no intent to insult your writing skills! I suppose I just meant the report you summarised from Sky Italy suggests that once again nobody has a clue what's going on.

Many thanks for clarifying the finer points!

VanGaalyTime

That would be impossible. It would be about the same as Messi is making (740,000 a week).

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Pretty much nailed on to join Juventus.
Like he was nailed on to join Barca and then nailed on to join PSG?

At this point these briefs I'm sure are being done with the sole intention to unearth more buyers or get the players first choice (Barca) to cough up

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Like he was nailed on to join Barca and then nailed on to join PSG?

At this point these briefs I'm sure are being done with the sole intention to unearth more buyers or get the players first choice (Barca) to cough up
Only the fans thought he was nailed on to join Barcelona and that was due to footballing reasons but it seems clear that he would prefer a move where he gets paid a crazy amount. Therefore it's always been a tussle between Juve and PSG and ultimately Juve are a better footballing club than PSG. No real shock if he moves there tbh.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Only the fans thought he was nailed on to join Barcelona and that was due to footballing reasons but it seems clear that he would prefer a move where he gets paid a crazy amount. Therefore it's always been a tussle between Juve and PSG and ultimately Juve are a better footballing club than PSG. No real shock if he moves there tbh.
Absolute bollocks. Juve weren't spoken about as a serious destination until the last week or so

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Haha. Sorry, man, certainly no intent to insult your writing skills! I suppose I just meant the report you summarised from Sky Italy suggests that once again nobody has a clue what's going on.

Many thanks for clarifying the finer points!
Well no, they seem to have a clue of what's currently going on: namely that juventus are currently negotiating with Raiola and tryinh hard to close the deal, but as yet they haven't been able to. And also PSG had almost closed the deal, and now are going to come back
That would be impossible. It would be about the same as Messi is making (740,000 a week).
What? 12m net for juventus with the current tax rate would be about 16m gross. About ~310k a week. Even under "normal" tax rate it would be 24m gross, or ~460k a week

Messi is on ~2m a week

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Don't think De Ligt has made his mind up yet, many things he would have to ponder. He would earn good money wherever he went, don't think that is his primary concern, but he probably needs to play in a competitive league, so he doesn't get stale (United), play in Champions League (ABU), learn from established/experienced CB's at the club he will join (Barca, or Juve), and where his partner will feel happy (probably anywhere but Manchester). His agent will be getting the best deal he can at all the mentioned clubs, but the player himself will make the final decision I believe. Still hoping he joins United, could be the catalyst that can drive us forward for the next few years before he moves on again.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Well no, they seem to have a clue of what's currently going on: namely that juventus are currently negotiating with Raiola and tryinh hard to close the deal, but as yet they haven't been able to. And also PSG had almost closed the deal, and now are going to come back

What? 12m net for juventus with the current tax rate would be about 16m gross. About ~310k a week. Even under "normal" tax rate it would be 24m gross, or ~460k a week

Messi is on ~2m a week
Is it true there's a special tax regime in Italy for the next couple of years that's making it easier for italian teams to give players better contracts?

Relfy

He'd be a great signing for us. One of the top prospects in Europe. Would help attract and possibly keep some players by showing some intent.

PSG isn't much of a move up. Juve is a weird one as they are pretty stacked at CB already, so you'd assume they will shift one or two out to make room. Can't see him leaving Ajax with no guarantee of starting. Barca seems the best fit for him, especially with Frenkie going there already, but it does sound like they have to balance the books and the supposed signing of Griezmann and maybe Neymar will make that even more difficult.

DDG
AWB De Ligt Lindelof Shaw
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Absolute bollocks. Juve weren't spoken about as a serious destination until the last week or so
Juventus sprang up recently granted. But once it was pretty clear that he didn't want to go to Barcelona (unless they upped the wages) it was always going to end up being Juventus over PSG imo. Juventus are one of the few clubs in Europe that offers insane wages. The question was whether they could afford the initial fee, but they've already sold almost 70mill worth of players this Summer so they have money in the bank.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Is it true there's a special tax regime in Italy for the next couple of years that's making it easier for italian teams to give players better contracts?
Only for people who didn't live/work in Italy for the last 2 years, yes. It's meant to bring talent back into the country. Also new benefits for pensioners if they move to the South. There's more but i don't remember what, and honestly since this doesn't affect me(:() i didn't bother to know in detail :lol:

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Sorry, once again I know what you mean. Just with these protracted transfer sagas the coverage is forever jumping about all over the place. It seems to have been reported several times now that the deal is done. Even the normally very reliable sources such as Di Marzio and Romano appeared been a little premature in their predictions.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Don't think De Ligt has made his mind up yet, many things he would have to ponder. He would earn good money wherever he went, don't think that is his primary concern, but he probably needs to play in a competitive league, so he doesn't get stale (United), play in Champions League (ABU), learn from established/experienced CB's at the club he will join (Barca, or Juve), and where his partner will feel happy (probably anywhere but Manchester). His agent will be getting the best deal he can at all the mentioned clubs, but the player himself will make the final decision I believe. Still hoping he joins United, could be the catalyst that can drive us forward for the next few years before he moves on again.
There is no way, no way at all that he joins us. I'd love it, I bought into the hype initially a few weeks back but once PSG/Juve joined the race that was our chance over. But think about it with a clear head and once wages become a non issue (Juve/PSG are offering insane wages) then obviously he'd pick them over us. We can't even offer him Champions League football and there's zero certainty that will change this season either. They dominate their leagues, win endless amount of trophies and are in the CL every Season. They also have a number of excellent World Class players. We don't. Reality sucks m'afraid.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Sorry, once again I know what you mean. Just with these protracted transfer sagas the coverage is forever jumping about all over the place. It seems to have been reported several times now that the deal is done. Even the normally very reliable sources such as Di Marzio and Romano appeared been a little premature in their predictions.
They didn't predict anything. They reported De Ligt's agreeing to move to juventus -as in, the player considering juventus an acceptable destination- and that juventus are negotiating hard with Raiola to try and get the deal done. Nobody said they'd reached an agreement and the deal was done or close to done.

Sterling Archer

And they are still not a confirmed destination. People love misery. If they actually read the journos tweets, it's clear that Juventus and Raiola have discussed the transfer and what it would take to sign De Ligt. Not finalized a deal or even an official contract bid!

The kid os on vacation. He hasn't signed or agreed to any of PSG or Juve. What is more likely is that Raiola messages him some agent bs like, "ok I know you have your heart set on United. But here's what PSG and Juve can offer in case you're interested. Remember I only want you to get the best wherever you want to go. But know this is your worth". De Ligt probably replied that Juve is cool.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
And they are still not a confirmed destination. People love misery. If they actually read the journos tweets, it's clear that Juventus and Raiola have discussed the transfer and what it would take to sign De Ligt. Not finalized a deal or even an official contract bid!

The kid os on vacation. He hasn't signed or agreed to any of PSG or Juve. What is more likely is that Raiola messages him some agent bs like, "ok I know you have your heart set on United. But here's what PSG and Juve can offer in case you're interested. Remember I only want you to get the best wherever you want to go. But know this is your worth"
I doubt he said that.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
There is no way, no way at all that he joins us. I'd love it, I bought into the hype initially a few weeks back but once PSG/Juve joined the race that was our chance over. But think about it with a clear head and once wages become a non issue (Juve/PSG are offering insane wages) then obviously he'd pick them over us. We can't even offer him Champions League football and there's zero certainty that will change this season either. They dominate their leagues, win endless amount of trophies and are in the CL every Season. They also have a number of excellent World Class players. We don't. Reality sucks m'afraid.
If you give up hope, what do you have? I think he will join Juve, if they can sort out the transfer fees etc, that, in a pure footballing sense, is his best option to me.

bmwwmb

I think that there is no value in this topic. He will not join us

Andersons Dietician

Why how hard is it though? Manchester United come looking for a player, we have bundles of cash for the Transfer fee and also wages, what's the hold up? Ok we don't have champions league but is this guy not a big step in getting us into the Top 4 again if he backs himself to improve us as a team. Or am I over estimating the lure of United these days.
I would say you’re over estimating the lure of United at this point especially against the teams that are in for him. However fingers crossed we pull it off.

USREDEVIL

Really milking this transfer decision! I know defenders are important but my word this is quite a saga. He better be the Messi/Ronaldo of defenders.

SATA

Probably the most boring and underwhelming transfer saga ever whether it involves us or not. I don't really care where he moves eventually. He's not exactly a superstar or a marquee type of signing if you like

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Let's see how strong his mentality is, because the Juventus players who are on lower wages bellow him will be fuming if he fails to deliver solid performances in every game.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
100% percent think the lad has already decided where he is going and the deal is done. Where ever that is, the rest is all just drama to hype the deal

reddevil702

The kid os on vacation. He hasn't signed or agreed to any of PSG or Juve. What is more likely is that Raiola messages him some agent bs like, "ok I know you have your heart set on United. But here's what PSG and Juve can offer in case you're interested. Remember I only want you to get the best wherever you want to go. But know this is your worth". De Ligt probably replied that Juve is cool.
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.