Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

United ready to pounce.
Yup.. United bound.

I don't understand how half of the 250 pages are cafe non-believers lamenting Barca, then PSG then Juve signing him. Why do the miserable twirps even bother coming into this thread,? Plenty of United downer threads.

onemanarmy

I still don’t understand why he would want to go to Juve. What’s the allure?
Biggest club in Italy, guaranteed to win some cups and titles, playing together with some of the world's best players, beautiful country and possibly even winning the CL. What's not to like? I've never liked Juve, but they have things going for them at the moment.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Wasn't the deal supposed to be done by 1st July as per Di Marzio. The thing is every journo who knows anything is quiet (Stone and Peach) and only the guys in the dark are shooting arrows thinking one will hit the target.
He's United bound, you can feel it

NFM

Juve have always been one of the top 5/6 european clubs. Add to that, living besides the Italian lakes beats Alderley Edge hands down.
Fergie couldn't attract players to leave the north of Italy for rainy Manchester, United have absolutely no chance of competing with Juve for players , they are also backed by a very rich family.
We have to be realistic and aim for top talent that is not in the cross hairs of the top 5/6 clubs in europe. There are many excellent players who fit this description, and it sounds like Ole and the staff are concentrating on them.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Wasn't the deal supposed to be done by 1st July as per Di Marzio. The thing is every journo who knows anything is quiet (Stone and Peach) and only the guys in the dark are shooting arrows thinking one will hit the target.
He's United bound, you can feel it
Wanna insert 'wtf' gif here

arthurka

He is being taken for a ride. But we clearly dont want him he isnt British.

I am joking.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Be so annoying if they get him for a reasonable price, which I'd say anything around 80m is for someone with so much hype at the moment, already good, and very young.

Sterling Archer

Are we even IN for De Ligt?
If €75m (£67m) is the price that Ajax are asking for, we should be all over this. I don't understand why we haven't placed an official bid?
Hi Orchestra. Did you know that up until recently we were the ONLY club to place an initial bid for DeLigt? Yup. Turns out that we are all over this but the player himself may not be completely convinced because he rejected our first offer. And there you go. You are now all caught up and can rest easy that we eat least tried.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
This question seems odd, what isnt alluring about Juventus? If the Barca deal isnt happening Juventus is a fine choice.

CL every year, large wages, Chiellini is 34, Bonucci 32, plenty of game time given Chiellini's career is winding down, can pick up silverware, learn under one of the great Italian CB's. Will be the next generation of core CB's for Juventus.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Juve have always been one of the top 5/6 european clubs. Add to that, living besides the Italian lakes beats Alderley Edge hands down.
Fergie couldn't attract players to leave the north of Italy for rainy Manchester, United have absolutely no chance of competing with Juve for players , they are also backed by a very rich family.
We have to be realistic and aim for top talent that is not in the cross hairs of the top 5/6 clubs in europe. There are many excellent players who fit this description, and it sounds like Ole and the staff are concentrating on them.
You're making it sound as if Torino is a pretty city to live, when it's not the case.

Treble

I dislike that city but it's not a bad place to live either. And it's an hour and half by car to Milan
The train is quite fast too, albeit, admittedly, footballers are not likely to use it.

Turin is not bad, agreed.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What, when did this happen? :confused:
I would have quoted his tweet had Fridge Chutney not spammed the transfer tweets section.
There are a few tweets that I could find quoting him:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I would have quoted his tweet had Fridge Chutney not spammed the transfer tweets section.
There are a few tweets that I could find quoting him:
Juventus would like to =/= deal will be completed by

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I think he is United bound. My inner muppet says so.

R'hllor

Holy shit people are just something else, fecking hell its funny, drooling for de Ligt, asking him to come to us while in the same time his agent being called fat feck w/e in Pogba thread. What do you think it will happen in few years with a player who by the reports demand a release clause from certain clubs with that same fat feck as his agent, right before entering best years. Football fans :lol:

SATA

Holy shit people are just something else, fecking hell its funny, drooling for de Ligt, asking him to come to us while in the same time his agent being called fat feck w/e in Pogba thread. What do you think it will happen in few years with a player who by the reports demand a release clause from certain clubs with that same fat feck as his agent, right before entering best years. Football fans :lol:
Mate i will take him and his fat agent over paying 90 fecking million pounds for Slabhead

R'hllor

Mate i will take him and his fat agent over paying 90 fecking million pounds for Slabhead
Well, hope its not related tho0. Even cba when it comes to transfers, 90mil. for that would be next level stuff, when it comes to de Ligt i just found funny the whole thing.

Tony247

Two possibilities
1. Ajax using pressure tactics on juve
2. Utd using pressure tactics on Leicester

NWRed

Although this could all be paper talk, it seems he is trying to get a big contract with a release clause so he can leave after a couple of years when he feels he's ready for Barca. Given that he's not yet the finished article and will make mistakes, nevermind how long it might take him to adjust to the PL, I'd rather sign Maguire.

A player who wants to be here and is committed to he club long term is far more likely to succeed.

Irrational.

Classic negotiation tactic. (i) Get an greement with the player. (ii) Get in talks with the club and put the "he only wants to us" pistole to their chest.
Isn't this the same as tapping up? Hope Ajax report Juve and they're kicked out of the CL, leaving us as the only sensible choice :drool:

Just shoot me

So far... Ajax only sold De Jong and perhaps De Ligt. But how many of you said they would've lost half their team by now? Tadic, Onana, vd Beek, Tagliafico, Dolberg, Neres and maybe even Ziyech are going nowhere at the moment. Even extend their contracts. They bought Marin, Martinez, Promes and a new goalie. I expect them to be back in the quarter finals next year. Maybe De Ligt is starting to see this too

-Supreme-

This looks like Lukaku and Morata situation where everyone thought we were getting Morata

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Man what is the fat man doing? We're back in the running for de Ligt & suddenly Raiola makes clear Pogba wants out.

Gasolin

Man what is the fat man doing? We're back in the running for de Ligt & suddenly Raiola makes clear Pogba wants out.
He's playing his best hands and trying to see if he can please both Pogba and United. I hope we give up on De Ligt OR we get both, even if it means handling a new contract to Paul.

Adamsk7

As much as he’s the best defender on the market, I just don’t want us to have any Mino clients anymore.

Le Red

Not this thing again... Quote me one player who refused an offer from MUFC because of the weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.