Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jericholyte2

Exactly what is going to happen as well. Said this earlier as well, the only way Raiola can take Pog off us without burning bridges with the club is if he offers someone like De Ligt in return
Then fast forward three years to when all this shit happens again with De Ligt.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ofcourse, but hopefully we'll be in a better position then than what we are in now. Raiola's clients dont stay at a team for long-3-5 years max, and I think Nedved was his last client who didn't throw tantrums to leave the club

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
All this is nonsense by the agent to drive a better contract but DeLigt already made up his mind to join United ages ago.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
What your take on the actual Pog, is he going or is that a play for a new contract.
This is just my opinion but I feel that he wants out. He said he wants a new challenge so if he stayed now for more money he’d look even cnutier. So I think he wants out

JohnnyLaw

If we get three years of top class performances from him, and a good transfer fee to boot, then what’s the problem?
Besides not all of Raiolas clients accept being pawns in his game. Rom left him for example, as did Hamsik when Raiola was angling to move him on from Napoli. If we can manage to get our act together in the meantime there’s no reason why in three years time we could be a club where players actually want to remain.
I’d like to think De Ligt has a bit more character than Pogba.

Cloud7

Besides not all of Raiolas clients accept being pawns in his game. Rom left him for example, as did Hamsik when Raiola was angling to move him on from Napoli. If we can manage to get our act together in the meantime there’s no reason why in three years time we could be a club where players actually want to remain.
I’d like to think De Ligt has a bit more character than Pogba.
There’s that chance as well, as I think the whole Raiola and encouraging clients to move comes from Ibra, as a lot of his other clients are fairly stable.

My point was though that even if he leaves in three years, I don’t see what the problem is. Players come and go, it’s part and parcel of the game. Not every player needs to spend their entire career here for them to have been a good transfer. If we get three years of top class performances then I would see that as money well spent.

Sterling Archer

Pogba has been trouble from the beginning. His departure from United, his comments in public about Sir Alex and United for years all foreshadowed how he could turn his head elsewhere in an instant upon his return to United. The contrast in his on the pitch performances when happy and not is the biggest disrespect of all to United. Not to forget the IG photo of him smirking. To have one of the most esteemed managers in the game call you a virus is quite telling. To then have another manager come in, back you to the moon, only to then start talking to newspapers about leaving instead of having the balls to face the man yourself...virus and a coward. Is that an extreme thing to say? As a United fan I'm pissed. Not just him leaving but the antics. The multiple links to City. The fact that he so often played for himself instead of the team. Honestly, Pogba leaving this way is no surprise. Just as much as Mourinho's falling out with many a player.

De Ligt seems very much a different personality, one more befitting United. I'd take the chance

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
You have to laugh - one foreign paper absolutely adamant we have had an offer accepted and another that Barca are sure they've done the deal. Conclusion: no one knows what the feck is going on!

JohnnyLaw

There’s that chance as well, as I think the whole Raiola and encouraging clients to move comes from Ibra, as a lot of his other clients are fairly stable.

My point was though that even if he leaves in three years, I don’t see what the problem is. Players come and go, it’s part and parcel of the game. Not every player needs to spend their entire career here for them to have been a good transfer. If we get three years of top class performances then I would see that as money well spent.
Agreed.

Member 101269

This! It's not that they come and go it's how they go.. weaponizing media against employers, either through an agent and as a player undermines the United brand. It's interesting to see De Ligit and his agent acting differently than Pogba and the same agent as De Ligit.

RedorDead21

If riola gets us De Ligt then Pogs can be used with cash to get Mbappe. One more stop before Real should excite him.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
:( Still hurts. He should have been around a few more years to cement his legendary status.

Pushed out of the club to "balance the books" or "because he pissed off the manager" whichever.
Pushed out because he pissed our manager off. Back in the days when a United manager was feared, players were expendable and player power was non existent in the Man Utd dressing room.

The United

Exactly what is going to happen as well. Said this earlier as well, the only way Raiola can take Pog off us without burning bridges with the club is if he offers someone like De Ligt in return
Why would we want to deal with another client of Raiola? I think United might be staying away from De Ligt now because of him.

The club under SAF didn't bother with his clients until the toxic one brought 4 of them to the club and none of them worked out on the pitch for us with all the drama off the pitch.

I hope the club stay away from his clients no matter how good they are.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
Shit country even if you are rich

Probably
Living in developing countries would change your perception of what a 'shit' country is.

Italy definitely has its problems but no way at that low level considering from ultra rich prospective which Tier1 footballers are.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
:( Still hurts. He should have been around a few more years to cement his legendary status.

Pushed out of the club to "balance the books" or "because he pissed off the manager" whichever.
It was an absolute shocker at the time.

I still remember the feeling of disbelief when I saw the news on the back pages at my local petrol station.

And then we signed a geriatric Laurent Blanc :lol:

SinNombre

As much as De Ligt's exactly the kind of talent I would like United to buy, I am also completely fine not buying De Ligt.

If he doesn't go well, Juve are saddled with the craziest contract handed to a teenager and will have a Bale/Sanchez contract for the next 5 years. Given he is a Raiola client, you can also be certain that the team atmosphere will be toxic if things don't go well.

If it does go well, Juve will be selling him to RM or Barca for 120m or so in 3 years from now. I hear you say that at least they made a profit on him then. Yes, but most of it will be eaten by the pizzaman who will probably take 30-40m of that from Juve just like he did in the Pogba situation.

Not having to deal with Raiola should just be part of our transfer policy going forward.

It doesn't mean I am advocating signing Maguire for 90m. That's exactly the kind of stupidity we have become famous for and should stay away from.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
People keep saying he'll end up at Barcelona or Real Madrid for crazy amounts, but, historically, they've never even gotten close to spending such amounts on central defenders. They simply do not spend on that position unless they're spanish or catalan.

nainaisson

Why would we want to deal with another client of Raiola? I think United might be staying away from De Ligt now because of him.

The club under SAF didn't bother with his clients until the toxic one brought 4 of them to the club and none of them worked out on the pitch for us with all the drama off the pitch.

I hope the club stay away from his clients no matter how good they are.
Zlatan and Mkhitaryan weren't a problem in the dressing room. They never used Raiola to undermine the manager. And Raiola is an employee of Paul Pogba, not the other way around. People need to stop acting like Raiola is a mad genius who hypnotizes players into becoming his clients so he can use them to extract as much money from each club as he can.

Also, it's pretty naive to think Mourinho and Raiola were partners, and Mourinho somehow coerced Woodward into signing Raiola's clients. Woodward signed Zlatan and Pogba because they're world class players, not because Mourinho held a gun to his head.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
So is this ON then or what? I thought Ronaldo had told him he wants him at Juve and Juve had offered silly money? Why hasn't he moved yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.