Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjenIsM3

So is this ON then or what? I thought Ronaldo had told him he wants him at Juve and Juve had offered silly money? Why hasn't he moved yet?
Because Juve are lowballing Ajax (only offering 50m euro) and Raiola is trying to pressure Ajax into selling for that price. So yeah, standard Raiola stuff really.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Because Juve are lowballing Ajax (only offering 50m euro) and Raiola is trying to pressure Ajax into selling for that price. So yeah, standard Raiola stuff really.
I can't believe De Ligt is really on board with that though, he knows he's been treated very well by Van Der Sar et al...is it possible he'll just stay with Ajax if Juve keep fecking about?

ArjenIsM3

I can't believe De Ligt is really on board with that though, he knows he's been treated very well by Van Der Sar et al...is it possible he'll just stay with Ajax if Juve keep fecking about?
Seems he just lets Raiola do his thing, though Raiola has already confirmed they won't go to court over this supposed gentleman's agreement between them and Ajax to let De Ligt leave for 50m if he stayed one more year which he has done. It seems De Ligt really wants to go to Juve but if it doesn't happen I'm sure he has plenty of other options. Staying at Ajax is one of them.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Seems he just lets Raiola do his thing, though Raiola has already confirmed they won't go to court over this supposed gentleman's agreement between them and Ajax to let De Ligt leave for 50m if he stayed one more year which he has done. It seems De Ligt really wants to go to Juve but if it doesn't happen I'm sure he has plenty of other options. Staying at Ajax is one of them.
Juve will pay up

Member 93275

Zlatan and Mkhitaryan weren't a problem in the dressing room. They never used Raiola to undermine the manager. And Raiola is an employee of Paul Pogba, not the other way around. People need to stop acting like Raiola is a mad genius who hypnotizes players into becoming his clients so he can use them to extract as much money from each club as he can.

Also, it's pretty naive to think Mourinho and Raiola were partners, and Mourinho somehow coerced Woodward into signing Raiola's clients. Woodward signed Zlatan and Pogba because they're world class players, not because Mourinho held a gun to his head.
You mean except for the time they brokered a deal away from Ajax to Juve, and Zlatan picked a fight with Van der Vaart to let him go and lower the price? This later came out during the 2006 Juve scandal when they taped phone conversations and among it was Zlatan chuckling with the chairman how they fooled Ajax. He also put it in his book.

Litch

I know CR was a great signing for them but it wasn't just that, it's how he's also used to entice others to the club and how it now has the domino effect. Juve now are again a viable option for players.

RedorDead21

I know CR was a great signing for them but it wasn't just that, it's how he's also used to entice others to the club and how it now has the domino effect. Juve now are again a viable option for players.
Us not bringing back Ronaldo was one of our biggest mistakes. We first put it down to Mourinho but then Ronaldo backs him to manage Juve.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Us not bringing back Ronaldo was one of our biggest mistakes. We first put it down to Mourinho but then Ronaldo backs him to manage Juve.
Ronaldo back to United was like an open goal which we horrible failed to tap in :(

el3mel

It'll be ridiculous if Juve don't deliver in CL next season. They have a nearly complete team now.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You didn't have that option. Also Cristiano wanted Juventus all along

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Di Marzio, Romano, Times reported Juve wants Pogba and contacted Riaola.
I see no reason for them to get him, where is he going to play they are absolutely stacked in CM? Id say its more Riaola's games than real interest, they would not and could not pay even close to what United want.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I see no reason for them to get him, where is he going to play they are absolutely stacked in CM? Id say its more Riaola's games than real interest, they would not and could not pay even close to what United want.
He will play as midfielder as he will be their best midfielder. Whether they can sign him or Pogba is interested to go back instead of signing for Madrid is another discussion.

It's not just Di Marzio, Romano, their local papers also reported about Pogba deal. It's not just agent work. They want him back.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
No way Juve would ever consider paying more for Pogba than they got for him, so that's definitely a dead deal. In the end, only Madrid still have some interest in him, but I'm not sure if they would be prepared to pay what Utd want so I can't see Pogba going anywhere just yet.

The United

Zlatan and Mkhitaryan weren't a problem in the dressing room. They never used Raiola to undermine the manager. And Raiola is an employee of Paul Pogba, not the other way around. People need to stop acting like Raiola is a mad genius who hypnotizes players into becoming his clients so he can use them to extract as much money from each club as he can.

Also, it's pretty naive to think Mourinho and Raiola were partners, and Mourinho somehow coerced Woodward into signing Raiola's clients. Woodward signed Zlatan and Pogba because they're world class players, not because Mourinho held a gun to his head.
The point was Raiola is toxic and we should never deal with him again.

Sterling Archer

Back in training.
Interesting. So Raiola says Juve have a personal agreement with DeLigt and just need Ajax to sell him for 50 mil in spite of openly saying no haggling, no bid wars just straight 75.

And then Juve go buy another young defender for 20 mil in the interim instead of upping their bid.

Juve, Raiola, it's pathetic and so slimy. Even if the off chance it's at all related to United and Pogba, the whole thing stinks.

nonetheless

Supports
Juve
Interesting. So Raiola says Juve have a personal agreement with DeLigt and just need Ajax to sell him for 50 mil in spite of openly saying no haggling, no bid wars just straight 75.

And then Juve go buy another young defender for 20 mil in the interim instead of Dupping their bid.

Juve, Raiola, it's pathetic and so slimy. Even if the off chance it's at all related to United and Pogba, the whole thing stinks.
I frankly find hilarious the outrage and name calling by so many fans at Juve -Ajax negotiations.

BTW juve was following De Ligt since 2 years ago so much so that he was invited to visit the training facilities when he was in Turin for an award over 18 months ago, that's when most of you did not even know about his existence.

Last year they already made an offer for 30 M before his stellar season and it was rejected (now it seems based on a gentlemen agreement that Ajax is reneging) . Now there is no particular scandal in trying to stick to that agreement nor from Ajax point of view in trying to get more out of the deal based on last season, bearing in mind that the package Raiola was able to agree for de ligt was also based on the assumption that Ajax stuck to the deal. Now they will probably find a middle ground but that is just a normal negotiation.

I guess for some here it would be more elegant to just cough up whatever the counterpart comes up with, but I do not think it is a great way to manage successfully a club.

As for Raiola he is no angel, nor devil, there is a reason why many top players get him as an agent, and there are quite a few that have not necessarily moved around like Nedved or Hamsik or Donnarumma. If Pogba wanted to stay, he stayed, I doubt it is Raiola that decided in his place.

Last edited by a moderator:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Honestly if there really is a gentleman's agreement to sell him at that price than it's Ajax who are the cnuts

IF :rolleyes:

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Think he's going to end up staying at Ajax for another season. I think he should actually. No need to rush when he's so young.

Mr. Meeseeks

And then Juve go buy another young defender for 20 mil in the interim instead of upping their bid.

To be fair, if the plan was to get De Ligt to United AND we get rid of Pogba in the process, that is a win/win for United (I’d drive them both to the relevant airports personally etc.). Pogba wants out anyway.

Agents are slimy because they only look after their clients interests. I don’t understand the hate Raiola gets. He clearly only cares about his clients, what is so dishonourable about that? If Pogba wanted to stay, I seriously doubt Raiola would be rocking the boat as vigorously as he is right now.

If we end up getting De Ligt and all this has been to build up social media metrics I’m not sure there will be a United fan anywhere complaining about that, slimy or not.

I agree that it is rather strange that Juventus signed another promising defender when they have an agreement with De Ligt. Maybe he will decide to stay at Ajax for another year and move for ~50m next season as has been reported elsewhere (aparrently there is an agreement between De Ligt and Ajax that they will let him go for a lower fee if he stays another year)

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

Honestly if there really is a gentleman's agreement to sell him at that price than it's Ajax who are the cnuts

IF :rolleyes:
True, but apparently he had agreed terms with Barca only to ask for more after feeling his value had risen. Why shouldn't Ajax be allowed to ask for more under the same circumstances?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
True, but apparently he had agreed terms with Barca only to ask for more after feeling his value had risen. Why shouldn't Ajax be allowed to ask for more under the same circumstances?
Uh? :confused::confused::confused: doubt he agreed terms with barcelona, but even if he did, what does that have to do with Ajax?

Jericholyte2

Uh? :confused::confused::confused: doubt he agreed terms with barcelona, but even if he did, what does that have to do with Ajax?
The story was that De Ligt and Raiola had a similar gentleman’s agreement with Barca and then reneged on it, and now they’re upset that Ajax apparently did the same thing.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
I frankly find hilarious the outrage and name calling by so many fans at Juve -Ajax negotiations.

BTW juve was following De Ligt since 2 years ago so much so that he was invited to visit the training facilities when he was in Turin for an award over 18 months ago, that's when most of you did not even know about his existence.

Last year they already made an offer for 30 M before his stellar season and it was rejected (now it seems based on a gentlemen agreement that Ajax is reneging) . Now there is no particular scandal in trying to stick to that agreement nor from Ajax point of view in trying to get more out of the deal based on last season, bearing in mind that the package Raiola was able to agree for de ligt was also based on the assumption that Ajax stuck to the deal. Now they will probably find a middle ground but that is just a normal negotiation.

I guess for some here it would be more elegant to just cough up whatever the counterpart comes up with, but I do not think it is a great way to manage successfully a club.

As for Raiola he is no angel, nor devil, there is a reason why many top players get him as an agent, and there are quite a few that have not necessarily moved around like Nedved or Hamsik or Donnarumma. If Pogba wanted to stay, he stayed, I doubt it is Raiola that decided in his place.
You do realise De Light played against us in the Europa league final that year? I think United fans at least have known about him for a long time.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The story was that De Ligt and Raiola had a similar gentleman’s agreement with Barca and then reneged on it, and now they’re upset that Ajax apparently did the same thing.
Mh, still doesn't change what i said. Would only mean De Ligt also acted like a cnut

I still find it hard to believe there is such a gentleman's agreement anyways, wouldn't make sense that all the other clubs were offering more than the €50m...

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Mh, still doesn't change what i said. Would only mean De Ligt also acted like a cnut

I still find it hard to believe there is such a gentleman's agreement anyways, wouldn't make sense that all the other clubs were offering more than the €50m...
Especially since its been said all summer that Ajax want 75m euros

Gandalf

This part is just utter nonsense. If there was a gentlemans agreement with Ajax why was a fee agreed with Barca and personal terms negotiated without Juve submitting a bid? Why did PSG then meet the asking price and also negotiate with de Ligt and Raiola? In the event that your agreement existed that deal would have been one of the first things Juve took care of at the end of the season and the player would not have been in discussion with so many other clubs.

I think he will go to Juve but the fact remains Ajax have set a very reasonable fee of 75m and at least 3 other clubs are happy to pay that, it is cheap and a little disrespectful for Juve to bid below the asking price at this point and with the player still under contract Ajax can refuse to negotiate until Juve stop messing about. Ajax don't need to sell him so they can easily tell de Ligt that he is free to negotiate with the clubs who have met the asking price or he can stay in Amsterdam another year and try again in 2020. Juve and Raiola have no leverage here.

Affirmation

So Ian McGary is claiming on the "Transfer Window" Podcast that Mino Raiola has again met with Ed Woodward and proposed the transfer of his client Matthijs de Ligt to Manchester United. According to him, the player's terms have been agreed with Juventus and they feel a deal can be reached with Ajax however Juventus are refusing to pay the large agent fee and that has held up the deal. Manchester United are however cautious given the situation which has transpired with Paul Pogba and are reluctant to push ahead with such a deal.

https://play.acast.com/s/thetransferwindow/8a4e294f-ad42-4c80-9ad5-105cb7723dca

Gasolin

So Ian McGary is claiming on the "Transfer Window" Podcast that Mino Raiola has again met with Ed Woodward and proposed the transfer of his client Matthijs de Ligt to Manchester United. According to him, the player's terms have been agreed with Juventus and they feel a deal can be reached with Ajax however Juventus are refusing to pay the large agent fee and that has held up the deal. Manchester United are however cautious given the situation which has transpired with Paul Pogba and are reluctant to push ahead with such a deal.

https://play.acast.com/s/thetransferwindow/8a4e294f-ad42-4c80-9ad5-105cb7723dca
And rightfully. Mino, you created a mess with Pogba so either both of them are at United or we only keep one but you can sell De Ligt to someone else and get your fees. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.