Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
If I was de Ligt I'd want to know if a player like Pogba is staying.

We did see the Italian and German flag resting in the bush though. Could be a nice bit of trolling or genuine leaving party. Seems like Juve have an agreement and will be done soon. These tweets often feel like they're old news, perhaps Juve did try a low offer a while back and we hear about it now. Juve has probably paid a fee Ajax are happy with and it's nearly done. If the party is genuine I doubt you'd be buying Italian flags with the deal half way through.
I am sure he already knows.

Hint: The Pizzaman.

predator

Youth NITK
I'd have loved for us to sign him and I do think we have offered Ajax the highest fee and also offered him the highest wage.

In a world where United cant even make the top 6, it's simply commendable to think we can convince him to join Ius over Juve, Barca and even PSG.

Unless woody does a madness and sanctions matt judges 1.2 million per week wages.

Judas

Open to offers
Put a world class manager in place of Ole with a clear identity, plan and track record at the highest level, and I think we’d have got this wrapped up to be honest.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Put a world class manager in place of Ole with a clear identity, plan and track record at the highest level, and I think we’d have got this wrapped up to be honest.
Like Jose......

redshaw

I am sure he already knows.

Hint: The Pizzaman.
Ya don't say. :rolleyes: I'm perfectly aware who Raiola is and the players in question.

Also he can only have said so far it looks likely, 50/50, small chance. Not great info is it pal?

This could go to deadline day and even fall through on a fax machine, Raiola is just the middle man waiting on a multitude of possibilities. One certain possibility Raiola could know is Pogba is just wanting a bigger deal, he could pass that info on.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Railoa would have given us De Ligt if we took his bait and given pogba an insane new contract.

Instead Ed thought because he’s a top class banker he’d play hardball with him. We ended up not getting the best CB of the next 10 years and stuck with a 100m player that will - at best - run his contract down and leave for peanuts.

Ed isn’t too good at this chess game huh?

minh_loc_xoay

Railoa would have given us De Ligt if we took his bait and given pogba an insane new contract.

Instead Ed thought because he’s a top class banker he’d play hardball with him. We ended up not getting the best CB of the next 10 years and stuck with a 100m player that will - at best - run his contract down and leave for peanuts.

Ed is like king Joffrey in GOT, still a novice in the field but assuming he's bigger and tougher than anyone just because he is currently sitting on the Iron Throne. In reality Raiola (Tywin Lannister) actually takes him for a joke. :D

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wonder whether we will allow Pogba to leave if De Ligt is pushed our way.

ekestubbe

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but I thought you weren't allowed to to negotiate personal terms with a player before you had agreed terms with the club? Or is that a thing of the past?

elnorte

Freaky fly day
So why exactly have people once again deluded themselves into thinking that de Ligt would have any interest in joining us?

RedorDead21

So why exactly have people once again deluded themselves into thinking that de Ligt would have any interest in joining us?
Because sadly football is more and more about money, which strangely benefits us just as much in this period as when we were on top.

nonetheless

Supports
Juve
Not sure if this has been brought up before, but I thought you weren't allowed to to negotiate personal terms with a player before you had agreed terms with the club? Or is that a thing of the past?
there has never been such a rule, you must inform the other club you want to negotiate terms and that is it. In the case of clubs like Ajax they will of course give you the green light since they are sellers. In any event only a fool would approach a club to negotiate the fee without at least having had an approval by the player, hence all clubs first talk with agents and then with the other club, or actually these days it is the agent that go shopping around for clubs

Bwuk

If he’s not coming here I’m glad he’s going to Juve. Away from the premier league. De Ligt at Liverpool or City would of improved both massively.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
This whole saga may do wonders for his pay cheque but it won't help his public perception at all. The boy better produce or he'll be slayed by all of them(us) keyboard warriors.
to be fair to him, he's gone on holiday and kept quiet. not shouting his mouth - even with Ajax and telling them he wants out. seems pretty good stance to me

MUFC OK

Just out of interest, who here would take him on the condition that we have to sell him in 3 years time to the highest bidder, a la the Raiola business model? I'd still be tempted to do the deal.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Thats an awful shout.

redshaw

All muppets slain and Dugarry has just been sick.

The Italian teams are making waves.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Like Jose......
Indeed.
Under Jose we bought the worlds most sought after midfielder, at the time.
If Ole had been in charge at the time, there is no way in hell we'd have got him. The problem (like with Moyes), is that if a World class player is signing and hears that Ole is in charge, he'll wonder why we don't have an elite level manager in charge. Any player would ask this.
The other issue would be that if Ole gets fired, who will the next manager be.

When Moyes joined us, our existing world class players were asking the question, "why should we listen to you?" "What have you won?".
As manager, Ole has won very little.

Given all of the above, it will be interesting to see if we are able to attract world class talent, while he is the manager.
The next few weeks will be telling.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
15 years also count as 'time'. That's when He'll be joining Juventus after a long career at ManUnited.
My friend, we are work in a progress. Any player who is in high demand will not join us. They'll wait and see what happens over the next 1-2 years and then reassess.
We finished in 6th place last season and we had relegation form since the PSG match. Top players are aware of this.

arnie_ni

Just out of interest, who here would take him on the condition that we have to sell him in 3 years time to the highest bidder, a la the Raiola business model? I'd still be tempted to do the deal.
Me. For all we know he could love it here and want to stay, but even if he does go, he would (hopefully) get js challenging again, back in the champions league and it could help attract a few better players in the meantime

Kostur

海尔的老板
I mean, I understand that he doesn't want to come here and I'm not overly surprised but the sole thought of him costing around 60/70 mil quid and Maguire actually costing us more (hope we don't land him) is just fecking sad.

edbe

Supports
Ajax
70 million apparently fairly cheap for a player that played the Euro Leaque final, CL semi-final and nations leaque final.

Even more so given what Barca payed 6 months ago for De Jong, what Liverpool payed for Van Dijk and let alone the 125m that Benfica got for J.Felix, a player that just had 6 months of first team experience.

Last edited:

rotherham_red

Where have you got this from? I've not seen it reported anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.