Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelinho

That release clause looks ominous. Won't be long before Raiola will be agitating for him to move on again.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Psg don't want to get bullied by clubs who can pay release clauses.
PSG don't want players who aren't fully committed to them. It is weird that that would be a deal-breaker, you'd think a club like PSG would be confident of betting on themselves, but i guess Neymar might have burned them in that regard

Patrick08

PSG don't want players who aren't fully committed to them. It is weird that that would be a deal-breaker, you'd think a club like PSG would be confident of betting on themselves, but i guess Neymar might have burned them in that regard
Neymar, even Veratti. If he had a release clause , he was gone to Barca.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Happy to say I only read about 3 of the 244 pages. How did anyone ever expect this to happen or end up well after happening is beyond me.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Insisting on a release clause is a kind of red flag that signals the player isn't really committed for the project on the long term.

You can see how even Real and Barca now refuse any realistically triggerable clause in their contracts.

steferrari

Juventus Fan
Supports
Juventus
Di Marzio said that the €150M clause will grow each year.
As a Juve fan I obviously would have preferred “no clause”, but if this was the price to pay to have him then I’m ok with it. :D

I think that in today’s football it’s difficult to see players sticking with a club for 10 or more years, but you never know, maybe he’ll get in love with Juventus, with the city and decide to stay for a while. :)

Can’t see him leaving after a year to be honest.

If he stays for 10 years, wonderful!
If he leaves after 5 years and meanwhile the clause went up to €220M well... it certainly won’t be the end of the world. :D

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
As a Juve fan I obviously would have preferred “no clause”, but if this was the price to pay to have him then I’m ok with it. :D

I think that in today’s football it’s difficult to see players sticking with a team for 10 or more years, but you never know, maybe he’ll get in love with the club, with the city and decide to stay for a while. :)

If he leaves after 5 years and meanwhile the clause went up to €220M well... it certainly won’t be the end of the world. :D
Who's he going to displace in the Juve XI? Sarri isn't known for 3 at the back so surely one of the older heads are on the chopping block?

steferrari

Juventus Fan
Supports
Juventus
Who's he going to displace in the Juve XI? Sarri isn't known for 3 at the back so surely one of the older heads are on the chopping block?
De Ligt-Chiellini sounds scary to me. :D
But Giorgio is getting older and unfortunately he’s quite injury prone, so maybe Bonucci-De Ligt could be an option as well, with Chiello resting for top games.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Why are you doing this to yourself, it's so obvious De Ligt won't come here and GB just spouts shit because he can.
How am I “spouting shit”? All I have consistently said in this thread is that people should not give up hope so easily, keep the faith. We have multiple tweets all saying different things and we have yet to see a definitive statement from him or an official announcement. Basically I’ll believe it when I see it

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Pretty non-risky move on his behalf. A good chance of CL success and relatively easy league football given their superiority. Also, can learn from one of the greats, and Bonucci ain't a bad mentor either. Sensible move really. PSG would be such a weird turn. And fat bastard can line his pockets again when Barca/Real pay the release clause in 2 years time when Ronnie's off and Juve have spent all their money.

Patrick08

I think that in today’s football it’s difficult to see players sticking with a club for 10 or more years, but you never know, maybe he’ll get in love with Juventus, with the city and decide to stay for a while. :)

I expect him to stay till Ronaldo is at his peak and archives the reasons he came to juventus.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
How am I “spouting shit”? All I have consistently said in this thread is that people should not give up hope so easily, keep the faith. We have multiple tweets all saying different things and we have yet to see a definitive statement from him or an official announcement. Basically I’ll believe it when I see it
Keep the faith in what exactly? There are more news about us being out the race for him than in it, yet you act like we're front runners for his signature or something.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Strange how he keeps agreeing all these deals with clubs. Wonder who he'll agree a deal with next week.

beingshe7don

I'm just glad that this saga is actually coming to an end. De Ligt was smart enough to choose Juve.... I mean from a neutral perspective, although I wished he joined us. But we need to focus our efforts to getting Koulibaly and then offering Tuanzebe to improve with Koulibaly next to him.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Strange how he keeps agreeing all these deals with clubs. Wonder who he'll agree a deal with next week.
Good point well put
It’s clearly Riola rattling a few bushes. Meanwhile MDL keeps his mouth shut until early July then BOOM! he’s signed for United
Come on you muppets!

rojo81

Supports
Juventus
De Light has great potential and is a great signing. But if he is gone in 2 or 3 years I dont think its worth it. I doubt he will be a starter next season with Bonucci and Chiellini, and I would much rather have Juve spend its money on Pogba, who would improve the starting 11 from day one. If there was really a chance to sing Pogba and we chose De Light, with a release clause, huge mistake imo.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs

Clearly a good deal for you. It's not a case of building a defence around him but adding quality. You won't be fretting over whether he leaves or not as it won't mean you fall on your arses overnight. If he does leave against your will you make a profit.

Can't think of many transfers we've done post SAF which are anywhere near as sound. Special mention to David feckin' Moyes and Disney Woody for gutting a PL winning team and backroom instead of surgically replacing with the right quality. Ageing or not it was fecking mental.

Metalix

Supports
Juventus
He will be with us at least for 5 years and still only 24. By that time his clause is around 250m if he doesn't renew it during these 5 years.

We have never kept any player against his will, so if he wants to experience something new we can use that 250m and built our back line.

But I'm hopeful he will spend most of his career with us, because defenders are very admired and respected in Italy and Juve and are well settled .

I'm so happy we gonna buy this guy. Once in a generation defender and has all the qualities to become our future captain

Red00012

I’m actually shocked he’s chosen Juventus. I thought he was Barca bound.
Great signing for them, they’re definitely coming back into the “Europe’s Elite”, they’ll need to improve in Europe though if they want the top prize.

De Ligt must be really looking forward to marking and eating out with Higuain.

USREDEVIL

I’m actually shocked he’s chosen Juventus. I thought he was Barca bound.
Great signing for them, they’re definitely coming back into the “Europe’s Elite”, they’ll need to improve in Europe though if they want the top prize.

De Ligt must be really looking forward to marking and eating out with Higuain.
I was just thinking what De Ligt's waistline might look like after a year or two in Italy.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
No CL and less ambitious owner who doesn’t bother clubs on field performance.
Plus he'll be learning from some pretty damn good CBs already at Juventus, Chiellini's tutelage could be great for him in the long run.

passing-wind

Solskjaer can't even convince Sancho who's had a terrible experience at city and one good season at Dortmund. He was never going to convince De Ligt to come here a defender marvelled by all of Europe's elite. You can guarantee within 3 years De Ligt will have left Juve with that release clause. Clearly he's got an ambition to play for Barca or Real.

croadyman

So what are people's thoughts on why he rejected Utd's offer, did it come down purely to the fact that we weren't able to offer him champions league football or is the fact that Ole is still quite an unknown quantity as a coach on the continent played a part in his decision as well.

If he has turned us down due to Ole then there was nothing we could have done about that no matter where we finished last season, however if it came down purely to not getting top 4 then I will feel frustration at the players letting us down in April & May.

Status
Not open for further replies.