Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Paredes and Mbappe didn;t start.

Donnarumma; Dagba, Kehrer, Kimpembe, Mendes; Verratti, Danilo, Herrera; Messi, Draxler, Icardi

That's really not a particularly impressive team. Poch did well to drag that lot to pens.
:lol:

Cloud7

He isn’t half underachieving over there is he? At this point I think I would keep Ralf over him.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Not saying I don't feel some sweet schadenfreude at his PSG troubles, but I still feel that he would be a very good fit at Man United, maybe the best fit of all.

mu4c_20le

Not saying I don't feel some sweet schadenfreude at his PSG troubles, but I still feel that he would be a very good fit at Man United, maybe the best fit of all.
He'd probably have us looking just as clueless. His best spell at Spurs was when he had a young and hungry team, and got very lucky with Kane coming back from loan, signed Son, and a hungry Dele performing beyond his level.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He'd probably have us looking just as clueless. His best spell at Spurs was when he had a young and hungry team, and got very lucky with Kane coming back from loan, signed Son, and a hungry Dele performing beyond his level.
I don't think that's a fair assessment

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Not that it's out of character for this place, but this highlighted part isn't a thing. Kane's last loan was well before Poch joined. He played a lot of games under Sherwood and was a first team striker by the end of that season. Poch then ignored him until Adebayor had a little mutiny, and he had little other option.

Definitely got lucky with Kane on many ways, but he didn't come back from loan and people in general gobbled up the idea that Poch pluck him from nothing. He actually played quite a few games under Redknapp, and it was only AVB who didn't do a lot with him.

allen7

Poch is simply tottenham level and will never be a success at big clubs.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I honestly don't understand why he's so highly sought after. Good manager, but a level below the Peps and Klopps of the world.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
He's a good manager but he's not the one to bring us forward so I hope he carries on flopping tbh.

Think he'd be a superb appointment for arsenal.

Telsim

He is second only to Rodgers in the category of worst choice to manage us next season. The board's obsession with him is hardly surprising then.

padzilla

Hipster
This has what happened with Mourinho and us happening all over again - only with less likelihood of silverware.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Should have signed Ben Yedder instead of Messi. If they did they would be on top of the league right now, ahead by 20 points.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
He's walking the league and is still in the champions league. How is he underperforming this season?
PSG has been very very lucky so far in Ligue 1.. Imagine United somehow winning most their games despite their poor performance this season and sitting at the top, that's exactly what's happening with PSG. They are being dominated by every single team in Ligue 1.
People on this forum were shocked to see their performance against City in the away game which was surprising for me as this is their normal against much weaker opponents in Ligue 1.

Swedish_Plumber

Not really impressing me. I don’t know how much of a day ralf will actually have in his replacement but I don’t think he’s got Poch on top of his list somehow.

sparx99

PSG has been very very lucky so far in Ligue 1.. Imagine United somehow winning most their games despite their poor performance this season and sitting at the top, that's exactly what's happening with PSG. They are being dominated by every single team in Ligue 1.
People on this forum were shocked to see their performance against City in the away game which was surprising for me as this is their normal against much weaker opponents in Ligue 1.
PSG is a hard one to judge though. I think we all know that their team isn’t necessarily designed around a single idea like say City’s is. We must have learnt from Tuchel being sacked that being good/bad at PSG is not entirely on the coach.

As good as their forward line appears it’s very lazy and that leaves huge challenges for any coach to solve.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Paredes and Mbappe didn;t start.

Donnarumma; Dagba, Kehrer, Kimpembe, Mendes; Verratti, Danilo, Herrera; Messi, Draxler, Icardi

That's really not a particularly impressive team. Poch did well to drag that lot to pens.
Im not quite sure if you are being serious or sarcastic. They had 70% possession and only 2 shots on target, we seen the same thing when he was our manager.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
PSG is a hard one to judge though. I think we all know that their team isn’t necessarily designed around a single idea like say City’s is. We must have learnt from Tuchel being sacked that being good/bad at PSG is not entirely on the coach.

As good as their forward line appears it’s very lazy and that leaves huge challenges for any coach to solve.
PSG were good with Tuchel, outside of their covid outbreak and injury crisis at the beginning of last season. So we definitely know that PSG being good or bad is greatly on the manager.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

Odd management style
That last sentence... should have said something like "Simons felt good, so he took the shot". Saying that he wasn't his decision just feels weird. Throwing the player under the bus and at the same looking like he isn't in control of the team.

JPRouve

Scout
That last sentence... should have said something like "Simons felt good, so he took the shot". Saying that he wasn't his decision just feels weird. Throwing the player under the bus and at the same looking like he isn't in control of the team.
The worst part is that he is talking about an 18 years old player that missed a penalty. It's typically the kind of player that you need to support publicly.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Odd management style
I know Pochettino is on good terms with Mourinho but it seems he's slowly morphing into him.

The worst part is that he is talking about an 18 years old player that missed a penalty. It's typically the kind of player that you need to support publicly.
Exactly. I know Poch is under pressure at PSG but using a kid as a human shield is a bit off. Makes you wonder: If it was one of the big three that had missed, would he do the same?

romufc

There was a time where I thought he was first choice and one to bring us success, looking at how he has worked with the PSG squad and the football they play will be perfect for our board.

Vibes football, don't really dominate games and make it hard work, we have had that for the last 6 years anyway.

If it was a footballing decision, I reckon he would be lower on the list of managers.

JPRouve

Scout
Exactly. I know Poch is under pressure at PSG but using a kid as a human shield is a bit off. Makes you wonder: If it was one of the big three that had missed, would he do the same?
He wouldn't take any responsibility, he is at least consistent. Since the press begun to criticize him and ask question, he has deflected and made excuses for himself. Going as far as to claim that expectations were too high at PSG.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's walking the league and is still in the champions league. How is he underperforming this season?
I think it’s more based on how PSG play. They don’t steamroll teams as you’d expect and they’re a level or two below the Laurent Blanc PSG side, despite having an unreal front 3. I can’t see them getting to the quarters of the UCL playing like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.