Maurizio Sarri - Chelsea coach

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
No tracking hard working fullbacks and a David Luiz = goals for anyone that has a go at you

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I was told here that Higuain will coming in solve Sarri's problems.

Patrick08

I dont get why this isnt being tried . But Sarris preferred formation is 4-3-3. In that formation only one of them can play as the DLP.
They are built for a two man pivot, and he prefers 433? Another stubborn tactician who won't adapt to the squad but force the squad to adapt to him.

Cloud7

It’s so peculiar how downhill things have gone. They started off the season really well, and Sarri looked to have drilled his style into the team already. Strange that they now look like they can’t mount a proper attack.

SAFMUTD

He really mess it up with that statement against Hazard and the other players, I think he is going to struggle to get the players on his back. Specially the way that chelsea squad handles with managers.

For our luck it seems Chelsea is going to have a melt down. Hopefully we will take advantage and finish in the top 4.

Patrick08

They do not really have a natural 10 to play a double pivot.
Kovacic is not natural 10, though a 433 is helping no one in the midfield. He can slot there. 433 doesn't provide the control they can have in the middle. Jorginho is not a fernandinho or fabinho to play both roles nicely while wasting all of kante's best attributes.

RochaRoja

Sarri’s first season so far has been quite similar to Guardiola’s first at City.

Started off on fire and then hit a rough patch in the winter, even taking a few tonkings away from home.

Not that I think Sarri is anywhere near as good as Guardiola (nor does Chelsea’s team contain anywhere near the quality of City’s) but it’s worth baring in mind considering that both coaches were brought in to revolutionize their teams’ concept of play.

Kapardin

Predicted he would take Chelsea to 5th at the start of the season despite some Sarri fans biting my head off for it. Thought I might have been wrong in the honeymoon period, but it looks like my earlier opinions about him were right.

The question is, does Abramovich have the will to pay off Sarri if they don't get top 4? I get the feeling he isn't as free spending as he used to be, which could also determine the tenures of managers at Chelsea from now on.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Sarri’s first season so far has been quite similar to Guardiola’s first at City.

Started off on fire and then hit a rough patch in the winter, even taking a few tonkings away from home.

Not that I think Sarri is anywhere near as good as Guardiola (nor does Chelsea’s team contain anywhere near the quality of City’s) but it’s worth baring in mind considering that both coaches were brought in to revolutionize their teams’ concept of play.
It's completely fair to give him time to completely change the style of play. I don't, however, think he needs to create a public shitstorm while taking that time.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Kovacic is not natural 10, though a 433 is helping no one in the midfield. He can slot there. 433 doesn't provide the control they can have in the middle. Jorginho is not a fernandinho or fabinho to play both roles nicely while wasting all of kante's best attributes.
Kovacic has been much worse than Jorginho or Kante and playing him as a #10 would means you would have to rely on him even more.

Patrick08

Kovacic has been much worse than Jorginho or Kante and playing him as a #10 would means you would have to rely on him even more.
He likes to dribble his way past opponents with the ball, can pass, can assist and can defend at times as well, I think it can work with kante and jorginho behind him who also can share attacking responsibilities with quality they have on the ball.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
He likes to dribble his way past opponents with the ball, can pass, can assist and can defend at times as well, I think it can work with kante and jorginho behind him who also can share attacking responsibilities with quality they have on the ball.
Well he is doing none of those things for Chelsea right now and changing his position might not change that.

Patrick08

Well he is doing none of those things for Chelsea right now and changing his position might not change that.
Still it's better to get the best of 2 out of 3 than all 3 being average at best. Kovacic the most creative among 3 might thrive further forward with lesser defensive responsibilities.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
10 goals in the last 10 PL matches. No away goals in the last three matches(first time for Chelsea since 2002). It's not like he wasn't backed in the summer too. He's one point off from Scolari's regime in the same number of matches.

Christie

Dinosaur manager with outdated tactics.

Chelsea really needs to look hard for a modern coach. Stop hiring coaches that are hip now, they expire really quickly. Hire the coaches that will be hip tomorrow.

AshRK

He is Italian van gaal. Massively overhyped by some caftards. He should be doing better with the squad he has and is failing badly.

Mcking

He is a good coach, but that midfield just won't work. You can have Kovacic as the most creative player in midfield. I really feel sarri four him.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Another flavour of the month who got massively overhyped, but has actually achieved diddly squat. Acquiring a lot of league points but still finishing a distant second says more about the league than the second place team. In a vacuum his results at Napoli and Chelsea are strong, but it remains to be seen whether he has the skills necessary to manage a big club, with big egos, through a more difficult spell.

Even journeyman managers will get hot for a few years just by chance. It’s variance. There’s quite a few who have bought into his cult image and romanticised him without a critical eye.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
If he's annoyed the Chelsea players then they'll play as bad as they need to in order for him to get sacked. We've seen it all before.
Long may it continue....plastic wankers, just another Manchester City only in London, or are City another Chelsea only in Manchester?

Vadim

Sarri is like Van Gaal without the trophies.

Poor appointment, Chelsea just going for names again. He hasn’t achieved feck all in the game.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Who should have Chelsea gone for in the summer?

Patrick08

If he's annoyed the Chelsea players then they'll play as bad as they need to in order for him to get sacked. We've seen it all before.
The likes who wanna leave the club themselves or are not top players anymore? Let's see who wins this time around.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Someone who doesn’t tell the players to pass sideways and backwards for 90 minutes?
Wasn’t what people were saying when he was first appointed. The whole ‘Chelsea should have chosen another manager’ stuff is fantastic in hindsight.

I don’t recall many people saying it was a bad appointment in the summer but even if they did, who was the alternative?

Trizy

Who are the players that have been there through all the sackings? Just Hazard? There's the problem.