Maurizio Sarri - Chelsea coach

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Who are the players that have been there through all the sackings? Just Hazard? There's the problem.
Cahill. Luiz also except Jose sacking for second time. Azpilicueta too.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The one thing you don't do is call out Hazard publically.

No surprise he's now looking half assed. That was probably the worst performance I've seen of his in years.

Jorginho's speed against the counter of Brooks, King, Fraser was hilarious :lol:

They need to figure something out fast to stop counter attacks. Surprised they don't adopt the foul tactic like City/Pool do.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
If we're going to play Sarri's style of football against teams defending deep we actually have to create lots of chances from the 70%+ possession, and score lots of goals, or this kind of result is inevitable. We pass it around the box creating almost nothing, when we eventually lose it we get hit on the counter, rinse and repeat. So easy for opposition managers.

He will need to fix this or change tactics away from his possession based system, I think the attitude of the players is part of the issue as well, that also partly comes from the tactics though seeing how blunt the team is.

You'd think in training attacking v a deep defence is pretty much all we should work on 24/7. It should be obvious if what we're doing can ever work or not.

If Sarri can't see the obvious issues staring him in the face he won't be around long.

Trizy

Cahill. Luiz also except Jose sacking for second time. Azpilicueta too.
Doubt Cahill would have much say in a revolt as their best player. Azpili looks like a down to earth guy too, whereas Hazard is well documented for being a bastard. He even mentioned recently he frustrates managers.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The one thing you don't do is call out Hazard publically.

No surprise he's now looking half assed. That was probably the worst performance I've seen of his in years.

Jorginho's speed against the counter of Brooks, King, Fraser was hilarious :lol:

They need to figure something out fast to stop counter attacks. Surprised they don't adopt the foul tactic like City/Pool do.
For starters he could try moving arguably the best DM in the world from CM to... DM.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
If we're going to play Sarri's style of football against teams defending deep we actually have to create lots of chances from the 70%+ possession, and score lots of goals, or this kind of result is inevitable. We pass it around the box creating almost nothing, when we eventually lose it we get hit on the counter, rinse and repeat. So easy for opposition managers.

He will need to fix this or change tactics away from his possession based system, I think the attitude of the players is part of the issue as well, that also partly comes from the tactics though seeing how blunt the team is.

You'd think in training attacking v a deep defence is pretty much all we should work on 24/7. It should be obvious if what we're doing can ever work or not.

If Sarri can't see the obvious issues staring him in the face he won't be around long.
Welcome to the Van Gaal Utd era. These managers just don't understand the PL.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If they don't make the top 4 then it's an absolute cert he'll be sacked, Chelsea are in free fall at the moment, their best player wants out, their squad is an absolute mess, potential of a transfer ban, feels like they're on the cusp of joining Arsenal and Spurs as another London club fighting for the 4th place trophy

Matt007a

He hasn't learned lessons from Mourinho when it comes to slagging players off publicly. Doesn't work anymore!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
For starters he could try moving arguably the best DM in the world from CM to... DM.
Well that much is clear, but he obviously won't do that. His stubbornness and failure to adapt will be his downfall.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Well the secret is out and all sides are just swarming at Jorginho on the break, which they weren't doing earlier in the season as Chelsea's name preceded them. All that respect has been lost now and teams are rabid when it comes to going at their midfield.

Sarri's inflexibility will cost him his job at this rate.

Red00012

He has Utd and City in the next 2 weeks hopefully it doesn’t get any better for him.

Denis79

Reminds me of our time with LvG. Possession without a plan.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
I do hope the club won't do anything rash and sack Sarri. First off, there's no one out there available that I'd want to replace him with, plus I want to give him time, money and the right players to build the kind of a team he has in mind.

Still, there are some serious concerns about his inability to adapt when his plan A isn't working and those public statements about lack of motivation from his players are a bit odd. Chelsea have PL and CL winners in that squad while Sarri won nothing so far in his career. He needs to pick his battles carefully.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
They're running out of options if they do sack him. Who's left?

deef

Big fan of sarri... wasn't at the beginning of the season but he's winning me over :drool:

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Hazard is the most talented player who has ever played for Chelsea. I’m a huge fan. But he’s also been an integral part of our teams that have downed tools after winning seasons and shown extreme weakness of character when the club needed them. If it’s a choice between him and Sarri at this point, I back Sarri.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Hazard is the most talented player who has ever played for Chelsea. I’m a huge fan. But he’s also been an integral part of our teams that have downed tools after winning seasons and shown extreme weakness of character when the club needed them. If it’s a choice between him and Sarri at this point, I back Sarri.
Easy to say that when the player has made it public he wants to leave. I suspect your tune would be much different if he were tied to a 5 year deal and as it should, Sarri has shown nothing in his managerial career that he should be backed over a player like Hazard

Gasolin

The result was a shock but I wonder how that will translate for the next game. Win or loss or draw?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Remember the term Sarriball? As if it wasn't cringey enough at the time (like..a couple of months ago), it looks pretty daft now

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
I'm still a believer in Sarri. Think Chelsea is just a little rotten to the core with mentally weak players.
This is definitely part of the problem, lack of Characters as the big ones have all left in the last few years. Had a look at the goals again yesterday and the defending from Emerson on 1st goal, and Rudiger and Luiz on the second school boy level.

I still think the main problem is in attack though, in first 45 we didn't create near enough clear chances for the possession we had.

el3mel

I'm still a believer in Sarri. Think Chelsea is just a little rotten to the core with mentally weak players.
Eh what ? 90% of this team won the league 2 years ago and almost the entire team has more trophies in their cabinet than the entire Sarri history. If there's one weak mentally in this club, then it's definitely the one who has won feck all in his career. Sarri is in no position to criticize the mentality of his players. They're all proven winners.