Maurizio Sarri's Sack Watch | And Now Our Watch Has Ended

Robertd0803

The players just didnt look up for it at all last night in the second half. Hazard looking like he was the only one making an effort. No idea what the idea was behind the Zappacosta sub was but happy we didnt end up facing Giroud.

As if he hasnt decided to leave already, that sub last night may have been Hudson-Odoi's Pogba/Blackburn moment.

Although the inevitable new manager could play him who knows.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I'd love for our game against them to be the final nail in the coffin but I think unfortunately he will be given the EL 2nd leg and the cup final before getting fired and we'll then have to face a new manager bounce. Shame.

I do kind of feel for him but then again, he's been pretty poor and rigid as well.

C'est Moi Cantona

Roman would need to pay Sarri off, and throw a massive budget at yet another manager, and event then it's hard to see who they'll be able to attract, just not sure the appetite is there anymore to do this from him.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Sarri given a lot more time, or if they do sack him they go for the cheaper option liker John Terry, that disaster would be well worth watching!

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
The Europa league game has no bearing. We could beat Malmo 9-0 Thursday and it wont change anyone's opinion. I dont think he will get sacked until Spurs home at the earliest. which could turn toxic, much worse than last night.

It's a gamble that has not worked and wont work. He is too set in his ways and teams have sussed out that Sarri has one way, and one way only of playing. Therefore, you counter his style of play and nullify us. Everyone follows suit and soon we struggle because there is no will, or idea to change whats going on from Sarri. He is arguably one of the worst managers we have ever had as of now.

Zappa for Azpi at 2-0 was criminal, too.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Shows how crap their squad is though. Subbing off mediocrity for more mediocrity.
It's not mediocrity. They are all good players and then they have players like CHO who isn't used at all.

Sylar

Would be grand if they win the cup (by some major fluke) on Sunday and he stays on for a few more months.

RochaRoja

It's not mediocrity. They are all good players and then they have players like CHO who isn't used at all.
Really? Would any other top 6 club want any of them if they were on the market? I highly doubt it.

roonster09

Scout
Really? Would any other top 6 club want any of them if they were on the market? I highly doubt it.
Why not? It's not like top 6 squads are loaded with only world class players. Delph plays for ManCity, Then you have players like Danilo, Lovren, Matip, Moreno, *won't even name Arsenal's squad*, McTominay, Valencia, Sissoko, Aurier, Some french winger plays for Spurs, Llorente and many more.

Aloysius's Back 3

How is rudiger their CB?

Chelsea have always had a good CB or 2 atleast.

David Luiz & rudiger has problems written all over.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Comparing this mug to LVG is ludicrous. LVG did some bonkers things with his formations, selections and substitutions that no one could understand. Sarri is very easy to understand, plays the same way most games, same substitutions.

Young as striker, throws youth in without a care (Mata off for Nick Powell, beating Arsenal with the kids), championed the back-3 only to switch back after the first loss with it. I doubt LVG even knew what he was doing, he had some mad ideas.

RochaRoja

Why not? It's not like top 6 squads are loaded with only world class players. Delph plays for ManCity, Then you have players like Danilo, Lovren, Matip, Moreno, *won't even name Arsenal's squad*, McTominay, Valencia, Sissoko, Aurier, Some french winger plays for Spurs, Llorente and many more.
These are reserves. The players in the tweet are starting regularly for Chelsea.

And Sissoko has been excellent this season. Would walk into the Chelsea midfield on current form.

RedDevilRoshi

I knew he was stubborn but last night took it to a whole new level, particularly the Zappacosta sub when he had Giroud & Hudson-Odoi as options on the bench. No wonder the Chelsea fans proper turned on him last night.

Only has one system and nothing else.

roonster09

Scout
These are reserves. The players in the tweet are starting regularly for Chelsea.

And Sissoko has been excellent this season. Would walk into the Chelsea midfield on current form.
Players I mentioned are playing regularly too, most of them. You are going by form, on top form Willian, Barkley, Kovaacic are all good players too.

Member 115509

I wonder if Sarri knows the game is up and is just seeing out his time before being sacked, rather than resigning and receiving a lesser pay off. He looks to be quite passive at the moment regarding what is happening on the pitch, a heavy defeat in the Carabao final and losing to Spurs in their next League game may well see him gone.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
No surprises there, guessing probably gone next week.

Unless next two games show he is prepared to make big changes to his approach, team selection and that those changes have a very positive effect on the performances. We've been woeful against Bournemouth, City and now Utd.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout

There's no smoke without fired.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
No surprises there, guessing probably gone next week.

Unless next two games show he is prepared to make big changes to his approach, team selection and that those changes have a very positive effect on the performances. We've been woeful against Bournemouth, City and now Utd.
His approach is why you brought him in at huge cost. Why should you now demand big changes? This is what Guardiola was saying last week.
There are some at Chelsea that think they can flick a switch and suddenly start playing Barcelona football. Both Man City and Liverpool have gone through serious dips in form before arriving where they are. Gary Neville also said the same. Imo if you sack him, it would prove your club is run a lot worse than ours.

Robertd0803

Comparing this mug to LVG is ludicrous. LVG did some bonkers things with his formations, selections and substitutions that no one could understand.

Young as striker, throws youth in without a care (Mata off for Nick Powell, beating Arsenal with the kids).
The Mata for Powell sub is still one of the most bonkers things Ive ever seen and probably shouldnt be mentioned in good company.

But yeah at least with LvG you knew he was eccentric (to put it mildly) while Sarri just seems stubborn as hell.

Those substitution statistics are pretty damning.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Can people stop pretending as if he isn't been backed by Chelsea? The board got him Higuain and Jorginho two of his major parts of the Napoli team. Gave him the most expensive goalkeeper in the world. Got Kovacic on loan. Their transfer work was admired here.

His sheer refusal to play ChO is astounding though, the bloke outperformed Sancho at U17WC and he's sitting on the bench.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
For a period in December 2016, City looked like they would miss out on top four. Imagine they sacked him then? Liverpool have had loads of absolutely shot runs under Klopp. No one will say he's not been backed at all but when you employ a manager to enact a specific brand of football, you need to give him time.

el3mel

For a period in December 2016, City looked like they would miss out on top four. Imagine they sacked him then? Liverpool have had loads of absolutely shot runs under Klopp. No one will say he's not been backed at all but when you employ a manager to enact a specific brand of football, you need to give him time.
Here's the catch : Pep was already a winner and one of the biggest managers in the world winning loads with this style in his previous 2 clubs.

Sarri is at his 60, never managed a top club before and there's absolutely no indication his style can build a title winning one.

RedDevil@84

Jose part 3 in please.

If Jose ever comes back to PL, he will be surprised at the hostility he would receive from the OT crowd. He spoke highly about the crowd at OT. But he might find them not so friendly. He will have to use all his 3 fingers again.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
This Sarri and Baldy comparison is just lazy. When analyzing the thirds, Man City were fine in the middle and final thirds but horrible in the first third. Bravo was a disaster in all areas and couldn't save a shot unless it was hit straight at his body, Clichy and Zabaleta might as well have not existed because they were free tickets to attack the wide areas.

None of the thirds are functioning well for Chelsea and most of it is self inflicted. The midfield is a mess because Sarri is obsessed with a regista (reminds me of the Wenger 'genius' of playing Xhaka as a no.6). The final third is a mess because of the insistence of recycling possession for the sake of it meaning you have to face a packed defence all game. The only one that can traverse a packed defense is Hazard, Kante is certainly not gonna do it. The only place Sarri gets a pass is defence. The Luiz and Alonso combo can kill any team.

Baldy also plays a myriad of formations. 3 at the back (with 3 defenders and sometimes Fernandinho in defence), traditional 4-3-3, 4-4-2 diamond.

crossy1686

career ending
Did someone understand the logic behind the Zappacosta sub ?
He has a set formation that he doesn't waver from and he has set subs that he brings on for other players. I think he even tells them before the game that they'll be subbed off at this exact minute and who will be subbed on, always a like for like and never wavering from the formation or plan. He did all this at Napoli also.

He's of the church that if everyone knows exactly what's going to happen, there is no surprises and no anxiety.

All in all, it's a piss poor excuse for poor management.