Memphis Depay 2.0 as no. 9

Samoerai Jack

Not only is Memphis second top scorer of all time for the Netherlands, he is also one of the leaders of the national team. I feel like there's a chance he might do very well under ETH. He's not really a ball possession player but this Manchester United isn't really either. He is however a risk taker with a lot of heart and that seems to me to be the first requirement to succeed at Old Trafford. He would at least bring a lot of energy and attitude to a frontline that is still in need of some more juice.

ReallyUSA

Depay & Felix would be good business
Would be perfect for the situation. Reinforcements for Top 4 without a long-term commitment. Ownership change will allow the big, Chelsea-like spending in the summer.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We saw in the summer that the press don't have a clue on our transfer business. Most likely we'll go for someone that hasn't been mentioned yet if we sign anyone at all with the lack of funds.
Weghorst it is.

croadyman

Perhaps we should try and get Memphis & Weghorst as different types of forwards because sounds like Atletico are demanding too much

TheHeya

As long as he doesn’t drive his Rolls into training I’m all for this transfer.

manutddjw

Of what we’ve been linked with my order is this:

Felix
Depay
Thuram
Weghorst
Aboubakar

croadyman

Of what we’ve been linked with my order is this:

Felix
Depay
Thuram
Weghorst
Aboubakar
We clearly aren't interested in Thuram because it's a permanent deal and we only want loans

Last edited:

croadyman

Wouldn't be against him and Weghorst because different types of forwards,also they look easier deals to do than Felix.

Think it's one to watch late in window especially as these two played together in World Cup for Netherlands.

Last edited:

davidmichael

If we were to get both Weghorst and Depay in on loans with just wages covered I’d be happy as Depay is close enough to Martial and Weghorst is something different but adds a lot of depth up top so Rashford can focus on playing on the left where he’s far better.

croadyman

If we were to get both Weghorst and Depay in on loans with just wages covered I’d be happy as Depay is close enough to Martial and Weghorst is something different but adds a lot of depth up top so Rashford can focus on playing on the left where he’s far better.
Yeah I still think he could come in towards the window,like you say has similar style to Martial

RedDevilRoshi

On a deal till the end of the season - fair enough. It’s another attacking option which again, we are short of. Plus he’ll a point to prove to try and make up for his earlier spell at the club. Will be funny if he knocks out Barcelona when we play them next month.

Can’t remember but did him & Weghorst play together at the World Cup?

ArjenIsM3

We're definitely not getting both.

EtH

Yeah I would be happy with that.

Mr.Hik

Wouldn't mind him on loan. You just can't trust Martial to stay fit.

colombianmancunian

Thankfully Weghorst has arrived, meaning mediocre Memphis have next to no chance of arriving here. I don’t understand people fascination with him, he failed the first time and is a mediocre player.