Memphis Depay 2.0 as no. 9

SungSam7

Should have signed him before going to Barcelona. No point now, even if we need numbers, no point having another injury prone player.

It's a pity he just didn't have the maturity when he was here the first time.

Leão

Supports
Sporting Clube Farense
I would have chosen to keep Depay instead of Martial. He was a top player for PSV and Lyon.

Glorio

I would have chosen to keep Depay instead of Martial. He was a top player for PSV and Lyon.
At the time Martial was a much better player. There was no way of knowing how much and how quickly Martial would decline

Big Andy

Bloke
There was a piece of skill he did in that match that still astounds me.
I remember his 2 goals vs Brugge and I proudly proclaimed at half time that he was the second coming of Ronaldo/Robben/Ronaldinho combined into one Dutch winger. He was electric that night.

Leão

Supports
Sporting Clube Farense
At the time Martial was a much better player. There was no way of knowing how much and how quickly Martial would decline
I don't think Martial was a better player, I just think he adapted better to the Premier League and had a much better first season. Depay had two wondefull seasons with PSV, before moving to Manchester, spend a bad one and half year here, move to Lyon and had four great years there. One good season with Barcelona too. We should have been more patient with him like we do with worse players.

Sir Erik ten Hag

I don't think Martial was a better player, I just think he adapted better to the Premier League and had a much better first season. Depay had two wondefull seasons with PSV, before moving to Manchester, spend a bad one and half year here, move to Lyon and had four great years there. One good season with Barcelona too. We should have been more patient with him like we do with worse players.
That’s just speaking from hindsight.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I remember his 2 goals vs Brugge and I proudly proclaimed at half time that he was the second coming of Ronaldo/Robben/Ronaldinho combined into one Dutch winger. He was electric that night.
He did did have an amazing game!

Rockets Redglare

And how did the rest of his time at United go?

El Zoido

We actually have members of the United fanbase that wants to bin off Bruno and bring this guy back. Unreal.